GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Eastern Washington Eagles @ Cheney, Wa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Eastern Washington Eagles @ Cheney, Wa

The Big Sky/Summit game on the road. Eagles are preseason choice to finish 4th in the Big Sky. They are currently 1-8. This is the third home game of the year for the Eagles. The difficult schedule included Washington, Oregon, Green Bay, Syracuse, Stanford, NDSU, San Francisco, & Seattle. It is difficult to know if the 37% fg shooting and 29% 3 pt shooting is a result of much better teams playing defense against the Eagles or if they will shoot poorly all season. They are averaging 63 point per game while allowing 80. They are a bit similar to the Jackrabbits with 3 seniors and filling in with freshmen and sophomores. This should be a bounce back game for the Jackrabbits where scoring will be at least reach 80 points and finish the road trip with a convincing win. Go Jacks!!

https://bigskyconf.com/sports/2015/1...tchBigSky.aspx at 8pm may be free

or PlutoTV (Channel 234)
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Eastern Washington Eagles @ Cheney, Wa

The NDSU/Montana game was free on the Big Sky site last night so I assume this one will be also.

I would not want the job of guarding Daum or Jenkins tonight. They both likely will have a little extra motivation after the NV game.

Comment

I'm a bit worried about this one. Yes, the team should gain confidence from the game at Nevada, but sometimes a close loss like that to a good opponent is deflating, especially when you play a much less talented team the next time out.

If the focus and drive are there, Jacks pull away easily. If they take it for granted, it could be a grind.

Hopefully the team comes out ready to rock and roll.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        The NDSU/Montana game was free on the Big Sky site last night so I assume this one will be also.
        I think the big sky network is free for all games. Just like almost every other small conference. It's almost like they want to make their games accessible to the casual fan or something.

(yes i am going to keep hammering away at this every chance I get)

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
          I think the big sky network is free for all games. Just like almost every other small conference. It's almost like they want to make their games accessible to the casual fan or something.

Would rather see the Jacks generate revenue rather than simply give the product away for free to the "casual fan".

Comment

Is it the conference or is it the folks at Sidearm Sports? I wish that they would include a streaming package with season tickets (basketball ticket holders get a basketball package, etc). I dropped my GoJacks membership because I get a better value out of ESPN+
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
              I'm a bit worried about this one. Yes, the team should gain confidence from the game at Nevada, but sometimes a close loss like that to a good opponent is deflating, especially when you play a much less talented team the next time out.

If the focus and drive are there, Jacks pull away easily. If they take it for granted, it could be a grind.

I'm not too concerned about the guys after Saturday night. While I'm sure they were disappointed they seemed to take it in stride.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post

This team is too good to have a let down. The Florida trip should have fixed them of that issue. Starting with this game, this team shouldn't lose again this year. They are just so much more talented than anyone else they will play until the Big Dance.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  This team is too good to have a let down. The Florida trip should have fixed them of that issue. Starting with this game, this team shouldn't lose again this year. They are just so much more talented than anyone else they will play until the Big Dance.
                  Agreed. I don't understand how we are only 7 point favorites in this one. Should be at least 10 imo. They had to take UMKC to OT to win at home. They lost to NDSU by 7.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                    Would rather see the Jacks generate revenue rather than simply give the product away for free to the "casual fan".
                    Would LOVE to know the revenue numbers on that. I'd like to get more casual fans interested and fill some of the 4000+ empty seats per game

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Agreed. I don't understand how we are only 7 point favorites in this one. Should be at least 10 imo. They had to take UMKC to OT to win at home. They lost to NDSU by 7.
                      I wonder how those guys do the lines on some of the lower volume games? We got to Reno on Friday night and I looked at the sports book station and the line was Jacks +15.5. I told my wife that's a good bet. I didn't bet it, the next morning we checked it and it was 9.5. I was mad at myself, so I checked back after dinner and it was a 16.5. The over/under was 162.5. I took the boys, they made me some money at least!

Comment

Would LOVE to know the revenue numbers on that. I'd like to get more casual fans interested and fill some of the 4000+ empty seats per game
                        Casual fan who is too cheap to spend $10.00 a month is going to drive over to Frost and spend $25.00 per ticket. Wishful thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                          Casual fan who is too cheap to spend $10.00 a month is going to drive over to Frost and spend $25.00 per ticket. Wishful thinking.
                          How many people actually pay for jackrabbit extra? I don’t and it’s rare I can’t watch the Jacks on TV.

Comment

I seriously do not know what is a charge and block is anymore.

Comment

Neither do the refs

Comment

Working...
                              X