GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Eastern Washington Eagles @ Cheney, Wa

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Eastern Washington Eagles @ Cheney, Wa

No huge surprise that this one was not a runaway. The situation was very similar to the women’s experience with the Baylor/Buffalo trip. It would be hard to get up for this game a few nights after playing “the big one”. I’ll take a 10-point win any day.

The constant issue with fouls is frustrating and it has certainly held us back. At least the team is getting lots of practice dealing with having multiple starters forced to the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
      The constant issue with fouls is frustrating and it has certainly held us back. At least the team is getting lots of practice dealing with having multiple starters forced to the bench.
      I know there has been some questionable calls, but it also seems like the defense is using their hands a lot more.
      Last edited by SoDakJack; 12-18-2018, 10:03 PM. Reason: Way too wordy
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        You could be exactly right. IDK. But I am of the opinion that every game matters about the same as any other. So I want them to achieve the highest seed possible to take the program to the next level. Maybe win a game in the tourney, and hell, pull a upset of epic levels and get to the 16. You don't do that with a crappy OOC record from a crappy conference. JMO
        You literally have no clue. We could go into the tourney with 4 losses. That would be our fewest ever.

Comment

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
          No doubt, must suck to be him.
          Hey, what happened to criticize posts, not posters ? Thought that was a no, no.I'm confused, Mods, can you clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            You literally have no clue. We could go into the tourney with 4 losses. That would be our fewest ever.

Did you pass reading comprehension in school? Reread my post, I think we should be a two loss team right now. The FGCU loss will without a doubt hurt and losing to Memphis sure as well won’t help. But according to you if we run the Summit it doesn’t matter? Ok.

Comment

Did you pass reading comprehension in school? Reread my post, I think we should be a two loss team right now. The FGCU loss will without a doubt hurt and losing to Memphis sure as well won’t help. But according to you if we run the Summit it doesn’t matter? Ok.
              My reading comprehension is just fine.

Your words not mine:

They better figure this one out. If the drop this game to a 1-8 team we are screwed come March if we get there.
              I stand by my last statement. I'd try to explain why this game would mean next to nothing come march, but it would do zero good.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                I'm a bit worried about this one. Yes, the team should gain confidence from the game at Nevada, but sometimes a close loss like that to a good opponent is deflating, especially when you play a much less talented team the next time out.

If the focus and drive are there, Jacks pull away easily. If they take it for granted, it could be a grind.

Hopefully the team comes out ready to rock and roll.
                I don't want to say, I called it... but it turned into a grind. And the team did not look nearly as good as they did at Nevada.

Basketball is a funny game. It's great, but especially at the college level... it's hard to be consistently good day in and day out.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                  I don't want to say, I called it... but it turned into a grind. And the team did not look nearly as good as they did at Nevada.

Basketball is a funny game. It's great, but especially at the college level... it's hard to be consistently good day in and day out.
                  It was a pretty classic trap game.

Comes after a big game against a highly-ranked team.

First home game in a long time for an opponent who's especially hungry for a win.

Comes before another pretty big home game against an opponent who's expected to win their league.

Classic trap game.
                  "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Hey, what happened to criticize posts, not posters ? Thought that was a no, no.I'm confused, Mods, can you clarify?
                    Oh, it's still a thing.

I just haven't been slapping wrists lately.

I could start, though, if people really want me to.
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Way to go, Jacks! It's much better to win an ugly game than to lose one, especially on the road. I'm surprised that fouls have been such a big concern with the Jacks the past few games, especially with younger guys such as Alex Arians. On the upside, the Jacks are building some valuable depth and ball handling seems to have gotten better.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        Oh, it's still a thing.

I just haven't been slapping wrists lately.

I could start, though, if people really want me to.
                        constraint is a good virtue Filbert !!!....maybe I'll get me some too

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Way to go, Jacks! It's much better to win an ugly game than to lose one, especially on the road. I'm surprised that fouls have been such a big concern with the Jacks the past few games, especially with younger guys such as Alex Arians. On the upside, the Jacks are building some valuable depth and ball handling seems to have gotten better.
                          This is kinda of where I'm at with this team. Sure, it'd be nice to only have 1 or 2 losses at this point in the season but that is really an unrealistic expectation considering our bench consists entirely of freshmen. We are 10-4 with one home game before conference play. We are still on track to get a 12 seed IMO which is really about the best you can hope for out of team from our league. The 12-5 is a winnable game in the NCAA tourney.

Comment

This is kinda of where I'm at with this team. Sure, it'd be nice to only have 1 or 2 losses at this point in the season but that is really an unrealistic expectation considering our bench consists entirely of freshmen. We are 10-4 with one home game before conference play. We are still on track to get a 12 seed IMO which is really about the best you can hope for out of team from our league. The 12-5 is a winnable game in the NCAA tourney.
                            All things considered, do you think we could actually be a 12 seed (assuming we have a slam dunk conf season and Summit Tourney)? We don't have a highly regarded non-con win like last year against Buffalo. I haven't looked into it enough and it's obviously too early to know, it just feels like that'd be a really good seeding. Although we are up to 73 in KenPom right now which I believe is slightly better than we were at tourney time last year.

So TL;DR, I don't know anything lol

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                              All things considered, do you think we could actually be a 12 seed (assuming we have a slam dunk conf season and Summit Tourney)? We don't have a highly regarded non-con win like last year against Buffalo. I haven't looked into it enough and it's obviously too early to know, it just feels like that'd be a really good seeding. Although we are up to 73 in KenPom right now which I believe is slightly better than we were at tourney time last year.

So TL;DR, I don't know anything lol
                              100%. We are likely heading into the tourney with 4-5 maybe 6 losses. We beat a very good Grand Canyon team and played Nevada within 4. Nevada could possibly enter the tourney unbeaten.

If you look at previous years we haven’t had super great resumes outside of good W-L records. If we make it this year it’ll be the best record we’ve had.

Keep in mind the 12-16 seeds are all low to mid major conferences. There aren’t very many conferences SDSU wouldn’t be favored to win imo. Otz’s first year when we were .500 we weren’t one of the four worst teams. There are a lot of bad teams to eat up low seeds.

Comment

100%. We are likely heading into the tourney with 4-5 maybe 6 losses. We beat a very good Grand Canyon team and played Nevada within 4. Nevada could possibly enter the tourney unbeaten.

If you look at previous years we haven’t had super great resumes outside of good W-L records. If we make it this year it’ll be the best record we’ve had.

Keep in mind the 12-16 seeds are all low to mid major conferences. There aren’t very many conferences SDSU wouldn’t be favored to win imo. Otz’s first year when we were .500 we weren’t one of the four worst teams. There are a lot of bad teams to eat up low seeds.
                                Not trying to nitpick but do you think the men's BB selection committee looks at the point spread when a teams loses to another highly ranked team? Like will our loss of 4 points to Nevada be looked upon favorably come selection time? I would think not but I'd be pleasantly surprised if someone tells me otherwise!

Comment

Working...
                                X