Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits at #7 Nevada Wolf Pack

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Seems a bit overdramatic and way off base as to what we are discussing. It may be difficult to comprehend, but a player can be great but still have flaws in his game.
    What seems a bit overdramatic is the quickness to find devastating flaws after a game which was lost and when the opposition did a great job of hobbling the top scorers. It is a comprehension problem when the flaws may have been a great game plan by Nevada. I apologize if they have let some of us lower IQ guys on here that do not believe what others are proposing as a no brainer "fact". The fact that this is a career low scoring effort by Daum makes it difficult to swallow your comprehension scenario and it would be very easy to look at the game as Nevada talent. It may even produce some coaching and player adjustments for the Jackrabbits which avoid these flaws again. Comprehension may involve understanding the other side of the discussion...…………..duh over and out
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I wouldn’t take away too much about mike from this game. I mean we all know he isn’t fast. But he’s been successful against top teams throughout his career. If we had lost by 20 and him and Jenkins had the same games they had it would be more concerning. But the ball movement was good and other players capitalized.

I think he he should start in the post against more athletic teams. Get to the line move the ball if a double comes offensive rebounding something to see the ball go through the net. Then start stepping out to the perimeter. My two cents. Plus seems to be less effective when along side dentlinger. The teams usually better but for whatever reason he struggles more.

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
        While everyone is speculating how bad Mike Daum is a player, we might consider that Nevada is a long athletic team that spent a week prepping for stopping Daum and Jenkins Jr. Some of those players might even play professionally as well. You can all tell me I told you so next year, but we had a fair amount of optimism for the guy Daum passed on the way to all-time scorer for SDSU. It appears we are shell shocked that a team of Nevada's stature could devise a plan to play defense like it appeared in yesterday's game. Good game Wolfpack and back to the drawing board for the Jackrabbits.
        I mean, you're making the same point everyone else is. They have long athletic players, and so does the NBA. Daum isn't an NBA player.
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
          I mean, you're making the same point everyone else is. They have long athletic players, and so does the NBA. Daum isn't an NBA player.
          The NBA has long athletic players? Who knew?!

Comment

Maybe we’ll find out in the next game if daum is an nba player.

Comment

It was a tough game to lose, but I was really encouraged by the play of the "role players". TK and Flatten stepped up, and it's great to see O King shooting the ball with confidence.

I like Dentlinger, he's going to be a good one. Arians has not shot it well yet, but he does many things well.

Was nice to see Krueger get some run and hit a few.

I was of the opinion that we wouldn't be close in this game. That's a VERY good team. VERY good. It wouldn't surprise me if they made a final four run. That good.
              -to come so close, on their court, against that team... there's nothing to hang your heads about there.

We are on the cusp of having a tremendous season... let's enjoy it!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                The NBA has long athletic players? Who knew?!
                Apparently not OldHare?

Comment

I guess we will find out. I would think there is a place in the NBA for a 6'9 player who can shoot the 3 like Mike. Mike Miller had a 16 year career doing just that and don't think he was anymore athletic than Daum.

Comment

While everyone is speculating how bad Mike Daum is a player, we might consider that Nevada is a long athletic team that spent a week prepping for stopping Daum and Jenkins Jr. Some of those players might even play professionally as well. You can all tell me I told you so next year, but we had a fair amount of optimism for the guy Daum passed on the way to all-time scorer for SDSU. It appears we are shell shocked that a team of Nevada's stature could devise a plan to play defense like it appeared in yesterday's game. Good game Wolfpack and back to the drawing board for the Jackrabbits.
                    Just to refresh RO how the comprehension problem started. Once again, I try not paint myself into a corner; I also think the entire story should be examined before you accept some "facts" . Nate did not play a bunch at the higher level, but he did crack the door and he probably would not have rung a real loud bell in the long athletic arena. The entire subject started with some trash talking about how Daum is not that good. Then it began with the chanting there is no room in the NBA for this guy. Here I thought I was the guy who did not comprehend.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Just to refresh RO how the comprehension problem started. Once again, I try not paint myself into a corner; I also think the entire story should be examined before you accept some "facts" . Nate did not play a bunch at the higher level, but he did crack the door and he probably would not have rung a real loud bell in the long athletic arena. The entire subject started with some trash talking about how Daum is not that good. Then it began with the chanting there is no room in the NBA for this guy. Here I thought I was the guy who did not comprehend.
                      Yeah I read the post. Where's the Daum trash talk that you apparently read that caused this post. I didn't see it.

Comment

Yeah I read the post. Where's the Daum trash talk that you apparently read that caused this post. I didn't see it.
                        I suggest you reread then.

Comment

I suggest you reread then.
                          Why don't you just link it. Or quote it. Should be pretty easy.

Comment

A couple people speculated Daum wouldn’t get drafted. I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if that was the case. No way were those posters saying he’s bad.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              A couple people speculated Daum wouldn’t get drafted. I wouldn’t be one bit surprised if that was the case. No way were those posters saying he’s bad.
                              Yeah I 100% agree. He's the best I've ever watched at SDSU. 60 players get drafted every year. It's no slight to say he won't get drafted.

Comment

He is an all-time college great, and he may not play in the NBA. Those two things can be true at once.

I was also just thinking this. I was in school during the transition. The men's team won 36 games in my 4 years at state. The fact that we are even arguing about possibly having a 2nd NBA player since my time in school is kind of pinch me territory

Comment

Working...
                                X