Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits at #7 Nevada Wolf Pack

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
    Can’t wait to hear the ref defenders for this one.

We just beat Nevada by 10. Outplayed them with our best player handcuffed as usual for non conference road games. Incredible performance by this team. Looking for the “adjust” comments on the no contact fouls and changes.

Daum plays so clean. It’s absurd he fouls out on the road every single game. College basketball has a serious problem that continues to get worse.

Conference play coming with nuetral officiating. We will not lose in conference. Calling it now.
    I actually thought Mike had a few stupid fouls. There was one flop but another charge was a good call. His last foul he swatted down. Even if he hit ball they call that every time. What’s frustrating to me is that he got a few of his fouls on the offensive side when he was forcing things. SDSU is such a good offensive team when he’s out there because he just spreads things out and opens up the lane. He needs to stay out of foul trouble in big games.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

What a weekend of what-ifs. 0-3. ****ing sucks.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
        What a weekend of what-ifs. 0-3. ****ing sucks.
        Yeah, three nausea inducing “moral victories”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
          I actually thought Mike had a few stupid fouls. There was one flop but another charge was a good call. His last foul he swatted down. Even if he hit ball they call that every time. What’s frustrating to me is that he got a few of his fouls on the offensive side when he was forcing things. SDSU is such a good offensive team when he’s out there because he just spreads things out and opens up the lane. He needs to stay out of foul trouble in big games.
          Congrats for finding a few legitimate fouls on Daum. Did he have a foul tonight? Yes he did. Did he have 5? Hell no. The targeting of him in non conference road games is disgusting, gross stuff to watch adults do to college kids.

Comment

Congrats for finding a few legitimate fouls on Daum. Did he have a foul tonight? Yes he did. Did he have 5? Hell no. The targeting of him in non conference road games is disgusting, gross stuff to watch adults do to college kids.
            So is this a conspiracy? They're targeting him? GTFO

Comment

Dude... Its because other team's know that he's our best player, so they do what they can to draw fouls on him. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The real problem is the way refs are calling charges this year. When a defender can jump in front of a guy driving, fall over and get the call... Wtf man... That's not basketball. One of them tonight on Daum, the defender was in the ****in air and drew a charge!!! Unreal. This isn't an SDSU basketball problem, this is a NCAA basketball problem.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                So is this a conspiracy? They're targeting him? GTFO
                You watching the games this year?? Conspiracy is a strong word which you used not me. Is there a consious effort to take him off the floor?? Let’s look at some numbers....

We have 3 true road games this year. I’ll even include neutral games with home games for this exercise.
                3 road games - 14 total fouls. 4.67 fouls per game
                9 home/neutral - 22 total fouls= 2.44 fouls per game

Quite the split?!?! I’m sure that’s no coincidence. Wish I had video to post of those 14 fouls.

Comment

On the bright side our young guys are the real deal to hang in with a team like that on their home court. The jury can’t really be out on Otz’s recruiting anymore, right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

You watching the games this year?? Conspiracy is a strong word which you used not me. Is there a consious effort to take him off the floor?? Let’s look at some numbers....

We have 3 true road games this year. I’ll even include neutral games with home games for this exercise.

Quite the split?!?! I’m sure that’s no coincidence. Wish I had video to post of those 14 fouls.
                    I did use conspiracy because it's an accurate label for what you seem to be describing. Yes, I have been watching the games. I choose to subscribe to Hanlon's razor theory, but you do you my friend. Just make sure the tinfoil hat is covering everything.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Dude... Its because other team's know that he's our best player, so they do what they can to draw fouls on him. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

The real problem is the way refs are calling charges this year. When a defender can jump in front of a guy driving, fall over and get the call... Wtf man... That's not basketball. One of them tonight on Daum, the defender was in the ****in air and drew a charge!!! Unreal. This isn't an SDSU basketball problem, this is a NCAA basketball problem.
                      100% Agee it’s an ncaa basketball problem and not an SDSU problem. Not implying that. College basketball has some serious issues.

Comment

Sorry. Daum got his butt kicked tonight. The reason for the disparity between the home and away games is the level of competition. Nevada was bigger and more athletic across the board.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
                          Sorry. Daum got his butt kicked tonight. The reason for the disparity between the home and away games is the level of competition. Nevada was bigger and more athletic across the board.

Hats off to Nevada. They knew what they were doing and had the athletes to do it. There are only about 10 teams in the country that can do that.

Comment

Maybe the conspiracy is that officials in home games don't call fouls on Daum?

His issue is that oftentimes when he drives to the basket he lowers his shoulder. A smart defender will use that to their advantage and take a charge, and sometimes they are questionable. He has to see that he needs to go around players on the drive, not thru them.

If he could just avoid the 1 or 2 dumb fouls every game, then we wouldn't be taking about this "conscious effort"
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

10 points for Daum and Jenkins wow! Nevada no doubt did their homework.

Comment

I didn't have much of an issue with Daum's fouls. I did have an issue with what Nevada was getting away with, especially crashing the offensive boards.

Comment

Working...
                                X