X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits at #7 Nevada Wolf Pack

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Apparently not OldHare?
    #82 is a good start. Now tie that into something for me. You signed it. I cannot find the spot I had anything related to this remark about NBA having long athletic players.....I am not comprehending the snarky type comment here. Let's start here.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      #82 is a good start. Now tie that into something for me. You signed it. I cannot find the spot I had anything related to this remark about NBA having long athletic players.....I am not comprehending the snarky type comment here. Let's start here.
      This will be my last post on this, so feel free to respond or not.

1. People were saying that Daum didn't have a good game and that it reflected poorly on his NBA and draft prospects.

2. You wrote this:
      a. "While everyone is speculating how bad Mike Daum is a player" (no one said he was bad)
      b. "we might consider that Nevada is a long athletic team" (this is why I brought up that the NBA has long athletic players)

3. Now see if you can follow me here. Because people were talking about his Draft/NBA prospects (see point 1), and you said one of the reasons he struggled was long athletic players (see point 2b), I tried to make the point that you were actually kind of agreeing with the people you thought you were disagreeing with.

4. In conclusion, no one was saying Daum was bad, and this argument is dumb.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        I guess we will find out. I would think there is a place in the NBA for a 6'9 player who can shoot the 3 like Mike. Mike Miller had a 16 year career doing just that and don't think he was anymore athletic than Daum.
        I have heard ESPN announcers compare Daum 2 to 3 current NBA players ... Dirk Nowitzki, Mike Miller and Ryan Anderson. Well, the announcers don't draft these players but I think it's probably quite true that Daum has characteristics that resemble these three players

Comment

I mean, you're making the same point everyone else is. They have long athletic players, and so does the NBA. Daum isn't an NBA player.
          Depends on where he would end up. It is doubtful he would ever be a nightly starter. But as someone mentioned, Miller was not an athletic guy and he had a nice career. Why? He was tall and could shoot the three.

No matter what, Daum will make a lot more money playing BB then any of us are making in the real world. Wolters is now in Lithuania playing at the highest level of the European Leagues (Euroleague) and he is doing very well, second on his team in scoring and earning some where well north of $500,000. And, since this is how they do it in Europe, having his housing and taxes covered by the team.

Daum will get his shot in the NBA and if he does not make it playing at the highest level in Europe. Whether he makes it or not will depend on the situation, not the opinions of those posting on a fan forum.

Comment

This will be my last post on this, so feel free to respond or not.

1. People were saying that Daum didn't have a good game and that it reflected poorly on his NBA and draft prospects.

2. You wrote this:
            a. "While everyone is speculating how bad Mike Daum is a player" (no one said he was bad)
            b. "we might consider that Nevada is a long athletic team" (this is why I brought up that the NBA has long athletic players)

3. Now see if you can follow me here. Because people were talking about his Draft/NBA prospects (see point 1), and you said one of the reasons he struggled was long athletic players (see point 2b), I tried to make the point that you were actually kind of agreeing with the people you thought you were disagreeing with.

4. In conclusion, no one was saying Daum was bad, and this argument is dumb.
            All in favor of #4, say "aye". *resounding aye*

Comment

Are 'ya sure the snark and snottiness is called for, RO? (I know you said you weren't posting on this topic again so I figure I'm safe in asking and I won't look for an answer).

I like Mike Daum. We all like Mike Daum. Mike had a tough game. A career low. That happens to real good athletes sometimes. Teams are figuring out how to deal with his game. That's a good challenge for Mike and his coaches and they'll respond.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Are 'ya sure the snark and snottiness is called for, RO? (I know you said you weren't posting on this topic again so I figure I'm safe in asking and I won't look for an answer).

I like Mike Daum. We all like Mike Daum. Mike had a tough game. A career low. That happens to real good athletes sometimes. Teams are figuring out how to deal with his game. That's a good challenge for Mike and his coaches and they'll respond.
                good game prep on Daum and Jenkins by Nevada. That is a compliment. They had the resources to isolate our big guns. My conclusion based strictly on stats. We will recover.

Comment

There's a lot of chatter on this thread which is a good thing. It was a frustrating loss for sure. The third in a number of opportunities for big things for our big three programs that came up just short. My guess is after the week and this game we were all pretty frustrated.

Let me be clear, there are no moral victories but that doesn't mean you can't take positive things out of the game. There were a lot of them including the play of our younger players. It was amazing how we hung in there with the low production from our top two players. That is great to see. Were they off? Was it due to their defensive efforts? Yes, a combo of both.

The thing is this team is so damn close to being really, really good. Getting the win Saturday night would have looked great on the resume and would have been a big confidence boost.

Nevada certainly does deserve credit for being a great team. They played a bad first half where we outscored them 18-0 in the paint. I'm sure with all their size that wasn't the plan and they made the adjustments at half and came out rolling. They are an athletic bunch. Had they attacked that way in the first half it may have been a very different result. But that's the same thing as saying if Daum and Jenkins had average games it would have been different. It doesn't matter.

Bottom line is we had an opportunity to win the game and didn't get it done which is always frustrating. After the football game and WBB loss to Oregon it made this one hurt even more.

A couple more good road games and then time to dominate the Summit.

SUPERBUNNY
                  MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

So do the Martin twins also kick their legs out on three point attempts? They look like they try to sell fouls EVERYTIME they shoot a three.

Comment

Working...
                    X