GDT: Jackrabbits at #7 Nevada Wolf Pack

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits at #7 Nevada Wolf Pack

Yesterday sucked, there's no way around that. I was in the Fargodome for the first (and probably last) time and know how that loss hurts. There's no reason to keep dwelling on it, though, and it's time to move-on. It's basketball season!

The Jacks play against their only ranked team on their schedule in what could be their best chance to prepare for the tournament. A win here after their blowout win at home would really turn some heads and help loads for seeding come March. Also, it would be the Jacks first true road win if they can pull it off.

This is expected to be quite the offensive battle between two good teams. Jacks are averaging 87.9 points per game (big help from Tuesday) and the Pack is averaging 85.0 points per game. Nevada starts 5 redshirt seniors, including Tre'Shawn Thurman who transferred from Omaha, and are a very experienced group. They have four players who are averaging double figures so the ball is shared pretty well.

I think the keys to winning this game will be sharing the ball and low turnovers. Defense, as always, will need to step-up as they have a bunch of players who can score. They will try to shut-down Daum, as every team tries to, and he will need to make them pay by passing it out to open guys. I'm hoping the Jacks can feed off their phenomenal offensive performance and get their second win against a ranked opponent.

Game starts 8pm CT and can be seen on espn3.
    Rollin' in my 5.0
    With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
    Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits at #7 Nevada Wolf Pack

It will be interesting to see if Daum can stay out of foul trouble. Tonight he might need to dial it back defensively because there’s virtually zero chance we win with him on the bench even 10:00.

Comment

We are 16 point underdogs, the total is set at 161.5.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        It will be interesting to see if Daum can stay out of foul trouble. Tonight he might need to dial it back defensively because there’s virtually zero chance we win with him on the bench even 10:00.
        It seems that many of Daum foul troubles were the charges that were called in some of those road games. He was not alone in some of those games where the charges were a problem for the Jackrabbits. Both teams have plenty of experience to avoid many jitters early in the game.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Good ballgame so far: SDSU 28-26 wih 5:02 in the first half. Nevada having trouble scoring underneath - credit Jacks defense.

Comment

ONE combined point for Jenkins and Daum, yet the Jacks are up 28-26 after 15;00 of play.

I’m liking this team more and more every week.

Comment

We need less "bull in a China shop" pressing Daum, and more "in the flow of the game" Daum. That's the only way we win this game.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Went through a scoring drought...now 28-28 with 3:42 left in the half.

Comment

I knew as soon as I saw that Eric Musselman was the head coach that I'd hate this Nevada team. Floppers. Whiners. Talkers. They are everything their head coach is.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Nobody came within a foot of touching Martin on that messed up dunk.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Also, the announcers have never seen a zone defense before if they think SDSU is playing zone.
                      Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Nice first half vs the 7th ranked team. 40-33. Daum 3pts, Jenkins 0

Comment

GDT: Jackrabbits at #7 Nevada Wolf Pack

How ‘bout those freshmen? 18 points. TJ is on-point with his defensive strategy too. If Nevada did not hit some crazy-difficult threes early on they’d be down by a dozen or more.

Comment

If we keep the defensive intensity up and get around 10 from Daum in the second half, the upset could happen
                            Nevada's going to make big adjustments... need to fight through screens when they're skipping the ball from wing to wing on 3's

Comment

Owen King, Arians and Dentlinger all doing very well. I still like the big lineup with Dentlinger. In the past when DJJ has had a half like this he comes out with guns blazing. The Jacks need that, and for Daum to pick it up.

Comment

Working...
                              X