Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 QB starter

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    I don't know much other than he was the starter at the start of 2018 then got hurt. His replacement was a true freshman who they kept in there even when this kid was cleared to play. Other than that, i'm not sure what his style is, etc.
    Looks like he is headed to NDSU per Zimmer. Wonder how that will work out.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
      Somebody that watches a lot of Iowa State tell me about this guy.
      Haven't seen him play but Google says he was a 3 star QB out of Georgia. Good size - 6'3, 215. Called a pro-style QB, which probably means he is more of a passer than a runner. Completed almost 65% of his passes in his short time in Ames.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Not sure if serious or trolling. Between TOB and the whole Lujan/TC every other start debacle... I can't tell.
        The glass is always half empty when it comes to Stig with some people.

The flip side of this negative outlook is that the coaching staff is willing to make a change if/when their first decision doesn't work out as expected.

In other words, every staff gets it wrong from time to time. What happens next is the difference between success and failure.

Between Berry, Sumner, and TC, and multiple playoff births, questioning the staff's ability to pick winners is pretty silly.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
          He's going to NDSU
          Maybe the kid from Marshall for the Bison isn't as far along as people think he is. I admit I know nothing about the Bison freshman or this kid from ISU.

Comment

Originally posted by SF_Rabbit_Fan View Post
            The glass is always half empty when it comes to Stig with some people.

The flip side of this negative outlook is that the coaching staff is willing to make a change if/when their first decision doesn't work out as expected.

In other words, every staff gets it wrong from time to time. What happens next is the difference between success and failure.

Between Berry, Sumner, and TC, and multiple playoff births, questioning the staff's ability to pick winners is pretty silly.
            Win some you lose some.

Overall, our QB situation has been pretty damn stable.

Comment

Just to be clear, a pro-style QB is more of a gun-slinger but not known for their mobility, correct? If this is the case, this would be very different from what ndsu has done and would be interesting see how they react to this change.
              Rollin' in my 5.0
              With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
              Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                Just to be clear, a pro-style QB is more of a gun-slinger but not known for their mobility, correct? If this is the case, this would be very different from what ndsu has done and would be interesting see how they react to this change.
                FWIW, I've been told that Noland is much more Austin Sumner than Taryn Christion in regards to athleticism.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  FWIW, I've been told that Noland is much more Austin Sumner than Taryn Christion in regards to athleticism.
                  Personally it bothers me that he quit the team mid season. IMO there had better be a pretty good excuse for that as I have to question his team first or me first mentality. That is a call the coaching staff has to make and maybe the culture in NDSU will account for that but as a player I would want a quarterback that is with me in good times and bad. Not pout and whine and quit when things didn't go my way. I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt but time will tell. Now watch him come down and light us up next year.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    This is what I was told by a friend who watches a lot of Iowa State football. He’s not that athletic but can really throw the ball around.
                    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                      I know it's becoming more of a thing when transferring, but I'm not a fan of somebody that quits on their team in the middle of the season. These are your brothers, your family, your best friends, you go through a lot with them, and then something gets tough for you and you just bail on them? You're always just an injury away from becoming the full time starter again.
                      I just read the article on him. Kid walks off the team prior to the season ending. Not a good look. I'm a bit surprised NDSU, or for that matter SDSU wanted anything to do with him.

Comment

It makes sense he went to the Bison, they had immediate opening, they didn't have an heir, they are always the favorite to win the title. I asked Zim if we went after him, and he said a little bit. We want Gibbs to be our guy, but he might be a year away. Nelson isn't the starter. To bring in the ISU kid would mean we lose Gibbs and it might impact recruits. I think we need a SR Transfer from an FBS school for a year. Who and Where that comes from, that will likely play out after yesterdays signing day and spring ball.
                        Look at Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, for QB movement.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                          It makes sense he went to the Bison, they had immediate opening, they didn't have an heir, they are always the favorite to win the title. I asked Zim if we went after him, and he said a little bit. We want Gibbs to be our guy, but he might be a year away. Nelson isn't the starter. To bring in the ISU kid would mean we lose Gibbs and it might impact recruits. I think we need a SR Transfer from an FBS school for a year. Who and Where that comes from, that will likely play out after yesterdays signing day and spring ball.Look at Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, for QB movement.
                          I think Trey is ready and I think he wins the job. It'll be interesting to see how Zeb reacts to that. Add to that, they are a run first team including QB. Spring ball may be exciting in Fargo.

Comment

Originally posted by rabbits64 View Post
                            It makes sense he went to the Bison, they had immediate opening, they didn't have an heir, they are always the favorite to win the title. I asked Zim if we went after him, and he said a little bit. We want Gibbs to be our guy, but he might be a year away. Nelson isn't the starter. To bring in the ISU kid would mean we lose Gibbs and it might impact recruits. I think we need a SR Transfer from an FBS school for a year. Who and Where that comes from, that will likely play out after yesterdays signing day and spring ball.m
                            Look at Iowa, Nebraska, Wisconsin, Minnesota, for QB movement.
                            NDSU had a Cracker Jack that was heir apparent to Easton Stick from Columbia Missouri, but he is now following Klieman to KSU. Noland according to Fargo Forum will compete against three existing roster recruiting., Somewhere in there in there is a skilled QB

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                              NDSU had a Cracker Jack that was heir apparent to Easton Stick from Columbia Missouri, but he is now following Klieman to KSU. Noland according to Fargo Forum will compete against three existing roster recruiting., Somewhere in there in there is a skilled QB
                              Trey Lance (Marshall, MN) is the heir apparent. NDSU is in good hands.

Comment

I
                                Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                                Trey Lance (Marshall, MN) is the heir apparent. NDSU is in good hands.
                                Interesting Trey is one of three mentioned in Forum

Comment

Working...
                                X