Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 QB starter

Default Re: 2019 QB starter

It looks like we have some roster filling this coming spring.Without analyzing the depth chart I thought we are set for next year. Not so sure now.

Roster is loaded QB and RT are biggest question marks.

Here are the graduating starters and their replacement.
    LG: Tiano - Eddie Miller
    LB: Cox - Seven Wilson
    S: Snyder - Michael Griffin (supposedly most complete safety on roster)
    CB: JB - Lots of candidates got plenty of experience this year. Now need to take a step. One or more will. Coaches are very high on Ti’Jaih Davis. I could also see Malik really improving.

So now the questions...
    RT: Weir - Johnson or Gruetzmacher... neither was overly impressive this year but they were just RS freshmen.
    QB: TC - Nelson/Gibbs/Transfer... who knows... this person needs to be competent and keep the defenses honest.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Roster is loaded QB and RT are biggest question marks.

Here are the graduating starters and their replacement.
    LG: Tiano - Eddie Miller
    LB: Cox - Seven Wilson
    S: Snyder - Michael Griffin (supposedly most complete safety on roster)
    CB: JB - Lots of candidates got plenty of experience this year. Now need to take a step. One or more will. Coaches are very high on Ti’Jaih Davis. I could also see Malik really improving.

So now the questions...
    RT: Weir - Johnson or Gruetzmacher... neither was overly impressive this year but they were just RS freshmen.
    QB: TC - Nelson/Gibbs/Transfer... who knows... this person needs to be competent and keep the defenses honest.
    Interesting it looks to be we don’t take off where we left off from this year. Becoming injury free should be a team goal if it is not already.

Quote Originally Posted by Nidaros View Post
    Interesting it looks to be we don’t take off where we left off from this year.
    This is what makes college football so great! Remember when we’d never be able to replace Zenner, Sumner, Goedert, Wieneke, Soulek, Ohne, etc etc? The Jacks roster is better then it has ever been and recruiting is getting better every year.
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Wonder if Alex Delton a grad transfer from Kansas State would be a target for the jacks? He plays a similar style of football at TC did. I think that he would be a great addition to fill the gap until one of the younger Qb's was ready. Below is a video from his Soph. year. He had a injury plagued Junior season and split time with another qb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuF0ixDRTzQ

One would have to think there are some similarities between Coach Stig and Coach Snyder that may be attractive to him along with our # of returnees. Interesting to watch his mannerisms as he waits for the blocks to develop on some of the run plays- reminiscent of TC imo.

I guess I dont love the idea of bringing in a transfer qb to start tbh. I hope one of the guys weve got can prove themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Seems to me that Stig and his staff have a decent track record overall for picking starting quarterbacks. I'm not worried about it, personally.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Quote Originally Posted by filbert View Post
    Seems to me that Stig and his staff have a decent track record overall for picking starting quarterbacks. I'm not worried about it, personally.
    Not sure if serious or trolling. Between TOB and the whole Lujan/TC every other start debacle... I can't tell.

Im not sold that Nelson is anything more than a capable backup(which we definitely need). Roberts throws a beautiful ball but hes like Kanin, a capable backup. IF Gibbs or Connors can make the steps all the better, Id love to have another 4 year starter(who wouldnt?) step in. But if either of those guys is a year or two away I'm all for bringing in a transfer(sooner the better) to cover the next year or two. Next season we will have arguably on paper one of the most experienced defenses ever...add to that a strong WR corps, solid OL, deep TE group and one of the more electric RB sets in FCS. Just need to make sure the our General is ready to lead them. Scary to think that potentially the 3 best QBs on campus next fall could be on the MBB team. Chances Otz loans Owen King to Stig for a season??? I mean Stig did give Nagy Steffen and a couple other guys during the dark years to help fill the MBB roster.
    Last edited by Jackedforlife; 12-18-2018 at 08:04 AM.