Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 QB starter

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Everything I’ve heard about Gibbs is that he has a long ways to go. Hopefully Gibbs and Nelson can have big springs to get ready for next fall.
    I've heard this sentiment as well. One statement regarding Gibbs was directly from one of our current starting defensive players. "he isn't very good" was the comment made.

Just because he looks the part doesn't make him a good QB. Let the guys we have on the roster earn their keep. If we add a transfer to the mix, I'm all for it. Especially at that position.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
      2019 qb will be a big key. Will Gibbs be ready mentally next year? It seemed odd he got no game reps this year with the new redshirt rule. I don’t see next years team “loaded” on defense. The secondary will struggle with or without defensive line pressure next year and besides #9 and #27 they didn’t have a great year in the secondary. Losing two LBs #53 and #31 will need replacement as well.
      Seven Wilson and Jaden Snyder can help replace Cox and Kleinschmidt. It'd be awesome to see Williams make strides at safety.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard
        This post should be deleted.
        Did I break a board rule that I'm unaware of?

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Keep your eyes open. There could be a surprise (good) on this front. 2019 Jacks are loaded. I’d be surprised if the keys to the car were left in the hands of a freshman. However, if he Gibbs or Connors is the best option then let’s go!
          Any chance the surprise will be revealed soon? I could really use a Festivus Miracle after this week of Vikes and Jacks football.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08
            Agreed. And so should your quote of it.
            I deleted my quote. I PMd him asking him to delete his original post.

Comment

It looks like we have some roster filling this coming spring.Without analyzing the depth chart I thought we are set for next year. Not so sure now.

Comment

Roster is loaded QB and RT are biggest question marks.

Here are the graduating starters and their replacement.
                LG: Tiano - Eddie Miller
                LB: Cox - Seven Wilson
                S: Snyder - Michael Griffin (supposedly most complete safety on roster)
                CB: JB - Lots of candidates got plenty of experience this year. Now need to take a step. One or more will. Coaches are very high on Ti’Jaih Davis. I could also see Malik really improving.

So now the questions...
                RT: Weir - Johnson or Gruetzmacher... neither was overly impressive this year but they were just RS freshmen.
                QB: TC - Nelson/Gibbs/Transfer... who knows... this person needs to be competent and keep the defenses honest.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  Roster is loaded QB and RT are biggest question marks.

Here are the graduating starters and their replacement.
                  LG: Tiano - Eddie Miller
                  LB: Cox - Seven Wilson
                  S: Snyder - Michael Griffin (supposedly most complete safety on roster)
                  CB: JB - Lots of candidates got plenty of experience this year. Now need to take a step. One or more will. Coaches are very high on Ti’Jaih Davis. I could also see Malik really improving.

So now the questions...
                  RT: Weir - Johnson or Gruetzmacher... neither was overly impressive this year but they were just RS freshmen.
                  QB: TC - Nelson/Gibbs/Transfer... who knows... this person needs to be competent and keep the defenses honest.
                  Interesting it looks to be we don’t take off where we left off from this year. Becoming injury free should be a team goal if it is not already.

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                    Interesting it looks to be we don’t take off where we left off from this year.
                    This is what makes college football so great! Remember when we’d never be able to replace Zenner, Sumner, Goedert, Wieneke, Soulek, Ohne, etc etc? The Jacks roster is better then it has ever been and recruiting is getting better every year.
                    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Wonder if Alex Delton a grad transfer from Kansas State would be a target for the jacks? He plays a similar style of football at TC did. I think that he would be a great addition to fill the gap until one of the younger Qb's was ready. Below is a video from his Soph. year. He had a injury plagued Junior season and split time with another qb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HuF0ixDRTzQ

Comment

One would have to think there are some similarities between Coach Stig and Coach Snyder that may be attractive to him along with our # of returnees. Interesting to watch his mannerisms as he waits for the blocks to develop on some of the run plays- reminiscent of TC imo.

Comment

I guess I don’t love the idea of bringing in a transfer qb to start tbh. I hope one of the guys we’ve got can prove themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Seems to me that Stig and his staff have a decent track record overall for picking starting quarterbacks. I'm not worried about it, personally.
                            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                              Seems to me that Stig and his staff have a decent track record overall for picking starting quarterbacks. I'm not worried about it, personally.
                              Not sure if serious or trolling. Between TOB and the whole Lujan/TC every other start debacle... I can't tell.

Comment

I’m not sold that Nelson is anything more than a capable backup(which we definitely need). Roberts throws a beautiful ball but he’s like Kanin, a capable backup. IF Gibbs or Connors can make the steps all the better, I’d love to have another 4 year starter(who wouldn’t?) step in. But if either of those guys is a year or two away I'm all for bringing in a transfer(sooner the better) to cover the next year or two. Next season we will have arguably on paper one of the most experienced defenses ever...add to that a strong WR corps, solid OL, deep TE group and one of the more electric RB sets in FCS. Just need to make sure the our General is ready to lead them. Scary to think that potentially the 3 best QBs on campus next fall could be on the MBB team. Chances Otz loans Owen King to Stig for a season??? I mean Stig did give Nagy Steffen and a couple other guys during the dark years to help fill the MBB roster.
                                Last edited by Jackedforlife; 12-18-2018, 08:04 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X