Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 QB starter

Default Re: 2019 QB starter

I think the emergence of our running game this season takes a little pressure off of next year's starting QB. They need to make good decisions and distribute the ball well, but we can win a lot of games next year relying on running the ball. Especially if that starting QB has some wheels too.

Outside of Drake and UM, what's our non conference schedule look like next season? Starting your career and QB on the road in a Big 10 stadium isn't ideal, but it's the gophers, so maybe it doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by 2002jack View Post
    Gibbs certainly looks like the obvious choice by physical appearance and highlight tapes. I would be disappointed to find out otherwise.
    There was a picture somewhere on Twitter in the last week or two of all the freshmen who are redshirting. Many of them were in shorts and sleeveless shirts. To say that Gibbs looks impressive would be an understatement. Someone commented that he looks like a "grown-ass man" which is an accurate description. If he has any kind of speed, he is going to be a real threat as a running QB. Hopefully he also can throw the ball well.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
    I think the emergence of our running game this season takes a little pressure off of next year's starting QB. They need to make good decisions and distribute the ball well, but we can win a lot of games next year relying on running the ball. Especially if that starting QB has some wheels too.

Outside of Drake and UM, what's our non conference schedule look like next season? Starting your career and QB on the road in a Big 10 stadium isn't ideal, but it's the gophers, so maybe it doesn't matter.
    Sell said on a pregame show a few weeks ago that Southern Utah was coming in and another school would also be coming to Brookings but didn’t say which one as they were still finalizing details.

Quote Originally Posted by bigticket1 View Post
    There was a picture somewhere on Twitter in the last week or two of all the freshmen who are redshirting. Many of them were in shorts and sleeveless shirts. To say that Gibbs looks impressive would be an understatement. Someone commented that he looks like a "grown-ass man" which is an accurate description. If he has any kind of speed, he is going to be a real threat as a running QB. Hopefully he also can throw the ball well.
    Everything I’ve heard about Gibbs is that he has a long ways to go. Hopefully Gibbs and Nelson can have big springs to get ready for next fall.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

2019 qb will be a big key. Will Gibbs be ready mentally next year? It seemed odd he got no game reps this year with the new redshirt rule. I don’t see next years team “loaded” on defense. The secondary will struggle with or without defensive line pressure next year and besides #9 and #27 they didn’t have a great year in the secondary. Losing two LBs #53 and #31 will need replacement as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Everything I’ve heard about Gibbs is that he has a long ways to go. Hopefully Gibbs and Nelson can have big springs to get ready for next fall.
    I've heard this sentiment as well. One statement regarding Gibbs was directly from one of our current starting defensive players. "he isn't very good" was the comment made.

Just because he looks the part doesn't make him a good QB. Let the guys we have on the roster earn their keep. If we add a transfer to the mix, I'm all for it. Especially at that position.

Quote Originally Posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    2019 qb will be a big key. Will Gibbs be ready mentally next year? It seemed odd he got no game reps this year with the new redshirt rule. I don’t see next years team “loaded” on defense. The secondary will struggle with or without defensive line pressure next year and besides #9 and #27 they didn’t have a great year in the secondary. Losing two LBs #53 and #31 will need replacement as well.
    Seven Wilson and Jaden Snyder can help replace Cox and Kleinschmidt. It'd be awesome to see Williams make strides at safety.

Quote Originally Posted by CappinHard View Post
    This post should be deleted.
    Did I break a board rule that I'm unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Keep your eyes open. There could be a surprise (good) on this front. 2019 Jacks are loaded. I’d be surprised if the keys to the car were left in the hands of a freshman. However, if he Gibbs or Connors is the best option then let’s go!
    Any chance the surprise will be revealed soon? I could really use a Festivus Miracle after this week of Vikes and Jacks football.

Quote Originally Posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
    Agreed. And so should your quote of it.
    I deleted my quote. I PMd him asking him to delete his original post.