Page 1 of 17 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: 2019 QB starter

Default 2019 QB starter

If we start Nelson over Gibbs, we all riot.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackFan96 View Post
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Default Re: 2019 QB starter

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Gibbs certainly looks like the obvious choice by physical appearance and highlight tapes. I would be disappointed to find out otherwise.
    LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

I arrived very early for the USD game and found it very interesting to watch all the QBs throw in the cold. Noticeable difference to me between Gibbs arm/ball as opposed to the other backups especially throwing from middle of field to the sideline.

Little surprised we didn’t see Gibbs in any game action this year (see: UAPB game) to get his feet wet. I’ve heard good things about Connors too but if Gibbs isn’t the starter at Minnesota I will be surprised.

Also, let’s hope we don’t have a repeat of 4 seasons ago when TC and Lujan were the QBs and nobody knew who would be in there any given week.

Quote Originally Posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Little surprised we didnít see Gibbs in any game action this year (see: UAPB game) to get his feet wet. Iíve heard good things about Connors too but if Gibbs isnít the starter at Minnesota I will be surprised.

Also, letís hope we donít have a repeat of 4 seasons ago when TC and Lujan were the QBs and nobody knew who would be in there any given week.
    In fairness, that dual qb system didn't really hurt us that year. We needed both Lujan and TC as it turned out. And it was a luxury to have 2 very capable QBs.

Not advocating for a dual qb system, but it wasn't disastrous for us like it has been for some teams

I'm wondering the possibility of bringing in a juco or D-1 transfer for a year. Not really been our style but we will have a really good team coming back.

SUPERBUNNY
    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Keep your eyes open. There could be a surprise (good) on this front. 2019 Jacks are loaded. I’d be surprised if the keys to the car were left in the hands of a freshman. However, if he Gibbs or Connors is the best option then let’s go!
    Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Quote Originally Posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    I would hope not

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Keep your eyes open. There could be a surprise (good) on this front. 2019 Jacks are loaded. Iíd be surprised if the keys to the car were left in the hands of a freshman. However, if he Gibbs or Connors is the best option then letís go!
    Could be a real whirlwind when the Yotes and Jacks next play in Brookings
    Go Big Go Blue Go Joose

Quote Originally Posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Keep your eyes open. There could be a surprise (good) on this front. 2019 Jacks are loaded. Iíd be surprised if the keys to the car were left in the hands of a freshman. However, if he Gibbs or Connors is the best option then letís go!
    Yes, let the best man win the job. If Gibbs isn't ready, give him the time he needs.

I'm impressed with how many freshmen and underclassmen contributed to this years team especially on the defensive line. Not an easy position to do. This roster is getting deeper and at some point these underclass men will be providing relief to the juniors and seniors starting in front of them. That is where NDSU is today and it's hard to compete with that as a freshman that is going up against fresh legs in the second half of a game.