Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2019 QB starter

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
    Good article. Totally agree with Zim that sitting Gibbs or Conners for potentially two years of Walding would not have been ideal.
    Yes it was a good article. I respect Walding's choice for leaving. That had to be hard decision to make. We got a great deal of time invested in Gibbs, so he will now get his chance to shine.

Comment

Good article. Totally agree with Zim that sitting Gibbs or Conners for potentially two years of Walding would not have been ideal.
      I do agree long term, but with the talent this years team will have I would have had to lean hard towards whoever gave us the best chance at another deep playoffs run over long term. It wouldn’t have been ideal, but this would have been the year I would have been for it more than others I guess. Anyways, it doesn’t matter too much now.
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Any word on how the QBs are doing with summer workouts and team activities? Gibbs is the starter? Whose #2 and #3. I believe we travel 3 QBs so that could be a strong battle as well. We have 3 total scholarship QBs (Gibbs, Nelson, and incoming freshman Keaton) and 2 walk on (Conners and incoming freshman Hunter). Curious to see if any of the 2 freshman push for the 2nd or 3rd spot.

Comment

Originally posted by centraljack90 View Post
          Any word on how the QBs are doing with summer workouts and team activities? Gibbs is the starter? Whose #2 and #3. I believe we travel 3 QBs so that could be a strong battle as well. We have 3 total scholarship QBs (Gibbs, Nelson, and incoming freshman Keaton) and 2 walk on (Conners and incoming freshman Hunter). Curious to see if any of the 2 freshman push for the 2nd or 3rd spot.
          Hearing Gibbs is the one. Connors is ahead of Nelson. Heide looks really good, more athletic than anyone thought, I don't think he'd travel ahead of Nelson. The hard part about grading Heide in HS was that his offensive line was terrible so he was running for his life every play. Karst is adjusting but has his moments, it's a big jump to go from 9man in Miller to D1.
          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Fawning and overreacting over a 27 second video of Gibbs because I'm thirsty for Jacks football: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...538693122?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Fawning and overreacting over a 27 second video of Gibbs because I'm thirsty for Jacks football: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...538693122?s=20

It was a good 27 seconds though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                It was a good 27 seconds though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                Agreed. Looked good in this one too: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...236899840?s=20

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Agreed. Looked good in this one too: https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...236899840?s=20
                  maybe the experts here can help does his release look slow-ish?

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                    maybe the experts here can help does his release look slow-ish?
                    I guess to me it looks like he's slowing down his release at the end to put touch on the ball with the type of throw he's making, but he goes through the throwing motion quick. If you look at the first video he seems to get it out fairly quick. Idk if this is true, but I think he has a pretty big arm, so maybe he doesn't have to put as much into these type of throws compared to the other QBs, so he might not be throwing as hard, which would make his motion look different and possibly slower.

Comment

Stig saying "I think it's gonna be J'Bore Gibbs" tonight on KDLT. Take it for what it's worth.

https://www.kdlt.com/2019/08/13/stig..._eBmfsDBX9O75s

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        Stig saying "I think it's gonna be J'Bore Gibbs" tonight on KDLT. Take it for what it's worth.

https://www.kdlt.com/2019/08/13/stig..._eBmfsDBX9O75s
                        Zimmer's article today makes it sound like its pretty much a done deal.

Comment

If we start Nelson over Gibbs, we all riot.
                          Looking back, this is the only good post I've ever made on here.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Looking back, this is the only good post I've ever made on here.
                            Ha! It's been nice getting Nelson so many reps, but it will be nicer getting Gibbs back. Hopefully Gibbs will be ready for Southern Utah.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Meanwhile in Fargo, the new qb seems to be finding everything that Stick left behind.

Comment

I wish they would have put Gibbs in for a series or two just get him some game reps. I mean its only a pinky injury.
                                Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Working...
                                X