Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 QB starter

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Correct - working out as a WR. Working "with" as I've stated before is misleading - I apologize. I just don't see him being our next QB based on things I keep hearing about his progress in the program. Hopefully I'm wrong but if I was a betting man, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Ideally his physical presence and athleticism can be utilized elsewhere if things don't work out at QB.
    You can never have too many athletes....IMO.

Comment

What about Kanin Nelson? Going into his 4th year in the program as a Junior 6'4 200 and has a lot of speed. Still think he is the frontrunner.

Comment

Correct - working out as a WR. Working "with" as I've stated before is misleading - I apologize. I just don't see him being our next QB based on things I keep hearing about his progress in the program. Hopefully I'm wrong but if I was a betting man, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Ideally his physical presence and athleticism can be utilized elsewhere if things don't work out at QB.
        That would be one very big WR. He was listed at 225 on the roster which, I am guessing, is from last fall. Would think if he changes position on offense he would become a TE.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Wouldn’t we want him to being continuing to work out with the receivers anyways? How can this be construed as a negative? Maybe he is struggling with the offense but man, I’ve never seen someone have their extra work be made to look like a bad thing. My goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          How good a QB do we need to hand-off the ball to Mikey, C.J., and Pierre?
          I mean and outside of run on first down and swing-pass on 3rd what else is there to know about the playbook?
          #Sarcasm #Notasmuchasiwish

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
            How good a QB do we need to hand-off the ball to Mikey, C.J., and Pierre?
            I mean and outside of run on first down and swing-pass on 3rd what else is there to know about the playbook?
            #Sarcasm #Notasmuchasiwish
            So you're saying I could walk in and start at QB? Cuz I can surely do everything you just said.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              So you're saying I could walk in and start at QB? Cuz I can surely do everything you just said.
              and slide! lol

Comment

Originally posted by BULLDOG View Post
                and slide! lol
                Cmon Man! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by trueblue View Post
                  That would be one very big WR. He was listed at 225 on the roster which, I am guessing, is from last fall. Would think if he changes position on offense he would become a TE.
                  I'd agree, IF TE was an area of need. That could very well be the deepest position on the team. WR is also pretty deep but it's clear if he's working with WRs they are trying to keep him on O...LB/S could be another option. I'm still hopeful he can work through and be a QB candidate.

Regarding Connors, I don't think anyone thinks he's a bust but he's probably a year or two away.

I'm hopeful there is still a chance of a transfer.

Comment

Don't get your hopes up. There is a better chance he's not on the roster in 1-2 years than him becoming a star (I'm not saying he's leaving, just my opinion). Once again over xmas break, I heard that he's continuing to work out with the WR group. Reason being is that he isn't grasping the offense.
                    This is more or less what I heard around town. Sounds like Gibbs is a good kid and a great athlete, but not an FCS QB.
                    Holy nutmeg!

Comment

• Re: 2019 QB starter

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                      This is more or less what I heard around town. Sounds like Gibbs is a good kid and a great athlete, but not an FCS QB.
                      if true, then we have huge recruiting error that the staff must now deal with. I understand Gibbs has roomed with TC and TC has worked with him. You can lead a horse to water, but you can not get him drink. It sounds appropriate here.

Comment

From what I’ve heard (just more around the area talk, with a couple decent ppl in the know), Nelson is thought of now as the frontrunner for next year. The hope is still Gibbs can be the guy, but isn’t yet. Connors is very green, was never thought of as a 4 year player. Nelson hasn’t done anything better or worse then expected, just the best option at the time.
                        As for NDSU, Lance is the guy. Just a frosh, but there hasn’t been any disappointment there at all.
                        Just what I’m hearing could be all wrong by fall, or even spring ball!

Comment

If Gibbs isn't the guy are we gonna offer Johansen from SF Washington? What about the true freshmen QB's we have coming in?? Are any of them ready to be the guy?

Comment

Keep in mind that just a few months ago, Pierre Strong Jr. was the Jacks' fourth-string running back. Circumstances thrust him into playing a more prominent role. Young men can bloom.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                              If Gibbs isn't the guy are we gonna offer Johansen from SF Washington? What about the true freshmen QB's we have coming in?? Are any of them ready to be the guy?

We already have a scholarship QB (Heide) and a PWO QB (Hunter) in this recruiting class. I would think that if we wanted Johannsen we would have offered by now. I believe his best offer as of now is a PWO from NDSU which he didn't take during the early signing period. As WestSide said in another thread, he's confident we will have a transfer QB coming into the mix but no details as to whom that will be.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                                Keep in mind that just a few months ago, Pierre Strong Jr. was the Jacks' fourth-string running back. Circumstances thrust him into playing a more prominent role. Young men can bloom.
                                And we started Kool who was excellent at receiver over a future NFL running back.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X