2019 QB starter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 QB starter

For the posters questioning recruiting because it’s perceived we don’t have a QB ready to replace TC. The school up north brought in a transfer. Can they not recruit either?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      For the posters questioning recruiting because it’s perceived we don’t have a QB ready to replace TC. The school up north brought in a transfer. Can they not recruit either?
      Those are not to be confused with those who were prepared to retire Stig this year!
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Fair point. They did recruit Nick Mertens. Feel bad for the kid how much flack he got from ndsu fans.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We have also been spoiled by having a very good run of QBs for the last 10 years. Even the season's with the "QB who's initials won't be used" were pretty darn good. I think that you would have a hard time finding a program, at least one that doesn't reside in Fargo, with the run of success at that position that SDSU has seen.
          Last edited by SoDakJack; 12-31-2018, 03:50 PM. Reason: grammer
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Alex Delton is headed to UTEP.

https://www.news-herald.com/sports/n...bc85443e2.html

Comment

I think we're brushing off Gibbs too quickly. The guy was a highly regarded recruit, just like the Jacks' other starting quarterbacks of the past decade. Gibbs wouldn't be the first SDSU quarterback to get pushed into the starting role a little sooner than might be considered ideal. It happened to Christion, and he did fine. My guess is that Gibbs also will become a star.
              This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                I think we're brushing off Gibbs too quickly. The guy was a highly regarded recruit, just like the Jacks' other starting quarterbacks of the past decade. Gibbs wouldn't be the first SDSU quarterback to get pushed into the starting role a little sooner than might be considered ideal. It happened to Christion, and he did fine. My guess is that Gibbs also will become a star.
                Don't get your hopes up. There is a better chance he's not on the roster in 1-2 years than him becoming a star (I'm not saying he's leaving, just my opinion). Once again over xmas break, I heard that he's continuing to work out with the WR group. Reason being is that he isn't grasping the offense.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                  also sumner was thrust into the starting position due to a starter quiting
                  Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
                    also sumner was thrust into the starting position due to a starter quiting
                    But our long term starters like berry and Sumner and tc all were hyped coming in but also once here they were hyped about picking up playbook and quick learners. Daniel callendar is a good example of big time recruit didn't amount to anything here. I guess it depends how well Gibbs is picking up the play book.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Don't get your hopes up. There is a better chance he's not on the roster in 1-2 years than him becoming a star (I'm not saying he's leaving, just my opinion). Once again over xmas break, I heard that he's continuing to work out with the WR group. Reason being is that he isn't grasping the offense.
                      Wouldn’t we want him to being continuing to work out with the receivers anyways? How can this be construed as a negative? Maybe he is struggling with the offense but man, I’ve never seen someone have their extra work be made to look like a bad thing. My goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                        Wouldn’t we want him to being continuing to work out with the receivers anyways? How can this be construed as a negative? Maybe he is struggling with the offense but man, I’ve never seen someone have their extra work be made to look like a bad thing. My goodness.

I believe the point was he was working out as a WR not working with the WRs as their QB. That is how I interpreted it but I could be totally wrong.

*BtownJack: can you clarify?

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                          I believe the point was he was working out as a WR not working with the WRs as their QB.
                          Ah, well then that IS a problem. Yikes. If that’s the case, I take it back.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I believe the point was he was working out as a WR not working with the WRs as their QB. That is how I interpreted it but I could be totally wrong.

If this is the situation, it could be that he is learning what the WR should be dong and he would have that understanding at the QB. It may be a reach, but it may provide insight.
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Maybe I missed it, but why is there no mention of Matt Conners, has he been written off as a bust already?

Comment

Correct - working out as a WR. Working "with" as I've stated before is misleading - I apologize. I just don't see him being our next QB based on things I keep hearing about his progress in the program. Hopefully I'm wrong but if I was a betting man, I wouldn't get your hopes up. Ideally his physical presence and athleticism can be utilized elsewhere if things don't work out at QB.

Comment

Working...
                                X