• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019 QB starter

Give me Alex Delton please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Either way, NDSU is lucky to be in the situation they are in and they more than likely will be in good hands with whoever wins the battle.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        Give me Alex Delton please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Couldn't agree more! TC 2.0 and comes from a very similar environment at Kstate.

Comment

echo those sentiments on Delton. He’d be a great fit in our system. I have to wonder though with him being a grad transfer if he stays FBS or if there’s any appealing spots there. I’d think the Jacks are as appealing as any non P5 school out there.

Comment

Another grad transfer option could be Brett Kean out of U of South Florida. He's a grad transfer available after may...Again being a grad transfer he can go anywhere he wants. But that could be another possibility.

Comment

Maybe the answer is JUCO QB Kare' Lyles? Looks like he is still unsigned and we have an offer out. Signed and was rostered at Wisconsin out of high school.

https://247sports.com/player/kare-lyles-36784/

Comment

Originally posted by mitchell View Post
                Maybe the answer is JUCO QB Kare' Lyles? Looks like he is still unsigned and we have an offer out. Signed and was rostered at Wisconsin out of high school.

https://247sports.com/player/kare-lyles-36784/
                That's a good find. We do recruit Arizona pretty well, although not typically the JuCo's?

Anyone know anything on Lyles?

Comment

Reading the tea leaves: I doubt Gibbs is ever going to be the answer. Keep your eyes open for a transfer who will start next fall.
                  Holy nutmeg!

Comment

We have had 4 years to replace TC! If we are truly scrambling looking for a QB to step in next year it doesn't speak very well about recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                      We have had 4 years to replace TC! If we are truly scrambling looking for a QB to step in next year it doesn't speak very well about recruiting.
                      This is the problem you run into with high school kids. They just might not develop the way coaches plan.
                      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                        This is the problem you run into with high school kids. They just might not develop the way coaches plan.
                        Plus it's hard to tell a kid to come to school where the QB is a 4 year starter so guys we recruit during tc freshman and soph year know they are going to be limited. Guys dont always pan out. It happens. Ndsu is probably the only fcs who can have a legit qb ready to go after their stud qb leaves. Nelson, wentzville, stick.....
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

SDSU like all schools who want to compete for a National Championship are going to look for players who can help make the team better. Brandon Snyder made this team better and if there is a quarterback out there who can make us better and wants to come in here and compete we should welcome that. I think we have some pretty good talent at quarterback,but none of them have proved they can perform when the lights are on at the college level!

Comment

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
                            Reading the tea leaves: I doubt Gibbs is ever going to be the answer. Keep your eyes open for a transfer who will start next fall.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                              SDSU like all schools who want to compete for a National Championship are going to look for players who can help make the team better. Brandon Snyder made this team better and if there is a quarterback out there who can make us better and wants to come in here and compete we should welcome that. I think we have some pretty good talent at quarterback,but none of them have proved they can perform when the lights are on at the college level!
                              It will be interesting to see if SDSU becomes more of an attractive place for transfers. It seems that the Jacks are one of only a couple really successful FCS programs that dont have a ton of FBS transfers
                              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Perfectly fine to bring in a transfer to compete for the starting spot, but I'm not ready to write off a highly regarded QB prospect who hasn't even been through a spring practice yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X