Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: @NDSU Bison (semifinals)

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
    Yes, Stick hurt us with his legs multiple times. In fact, if Stick hadn't done that, we probably win that game. It's the biggest key for our defense today. Stop the run, force them to throw, contain/get home on Stick. Plenty of times we got a hand on him but didn't bring him down. That can't happen.
    Important detail point is that when you're forcing Stick to throw, you have to cover the receivers. I've mentioned it before, but I was astonished at how wide open NDSU receivers were in the Colgate game. I mean nobody within ten yards kind of open. Over and over again.
    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
      Important detail point is that when you're forcing Stick to throw, you have to cover the receivers. I've mentioned it before, but I was astonished at how wide open NDSU receivers were in the Colgate game. I mean nobody within ten yards kind of open. Over and over again.
      Their playaction will do that to you. Like FB/TE who caught the short touchdown pass against Colgate and he was the only one in the end zone on that half of the field. I don't want to see anything of the sorts tonight. We've played them enough to be ready for things like that.

Comment

From the What Might Have Been Department:

Tomorrow's forecast in Brookings: Sunny, high 43, south wind 5-10 increasing to 10-15 thru the afternoon.

Football weather.
        "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Getting ready to head north into enemy territory, in about 15 minutes. Don't call me after the game as I won't have a voice for a day or 2. I don't have any thoughts on this game other than, I really hope this video is my second favorite video on the internet after tonight: https://vimeo.com/187845085

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
            From the What Might Have Been Department:Tomorrow's forecast in Brookings: Sunny, high 43, south wind 5-10 increasing to 10-15 thru the afternoon.Football weather.
            dang it...nicest Saturday for a home football game since October...Oh well. I think you will see the kitchen sink thrown as far as offense is concerned. Everything that is in that arsenal will get implemented, sadly I think that includes a swing pass or two. Also expect a handful of trick plays and/or fakes. I for one think we win but if we lose, best to go down swinging or guns blazin' or dancin' like your pants are on fire. Whatever saying you prefer. Go Big, Go Blue, GO JACKRABBITS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Their playaction will do that to you. Like FB/TE who caught the short touchdown pass against Colgate and he was the only one in the end zone on that half of the field. I don't want to see anything of the sorts tonight. We've played them enough to be ready for things like that.
              I can guarantee you there will be plays where a TE will be wide open due to them blocking most of the time, and releasing for a pass once in a while. Just have to hope we get pressure on Stick quick enough.

Comment

I can guarantee you there will be plays where a TE will be wide open due to them blocking most of the time, and releasing for a pass once in a while. Just have to hope we get pressure on Stick quick enough.
                Ward and the DTs need the game of their lives in the middle.

Comment

DTs must have a great game for sure as others stated or it could be a blowout. If Snyder plays I’d be surprised as that collision last week looked bad and it sure looked like a concussion. It comes down to defense IMO. Let’s TC run more, dont save anything on offense. Forget the swing passes and go down field with the passing game. The Jacks have the talent on offense if the OC opens the playbook up for the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                    DTs must have a great game for sure as others stated or it could be a blowout. If Snyder plays I’d be surprised as that collision last week looked bad and it sure looked like a concussion. It comes down to defense IMO. Let’s TC run more, dont save anything on offense. Forget the swing passes and go down field with the passing game. The Jacks have the talent on offense if the OC opens the playbook up for the game.
                    The downfield passing game has to be set up by the run/play action and also those 5-10 yard outs early in the game. If that doesn't happen the deep game won't be very effective, see the Kennesaw game. EE jumped straight to downfield 20-30 yard passes.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
                      If Snyder plays I’d be surprised as that collision last week looked bad and it sure looked like a concussion.
                      I wouldn't be surprised, it all depends on the severity of the head injury. You see football players have hits and reactions like that all the time and they usually play the next week. Whether that's right or wrong is up for debate, and not on here.

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised, it all depends on the severity of the head injury. You see football players have hits and reactions like that all the time and they usually play the next week. Whether that's right or wrong is up for debate, and not on here.
                        I think it also depends on the person. Look at Justin Morneau. His career was basically derailed because of a concussion on a play that really looked pretty harmless.

Comment

GDT: @NDSU Bison (semifinals)

Oops. Wrong forum. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                            I think it also depends on the person. Look at Justin Morneau. His career was basically derailed because of a concussion on a play that really looked pretty harmless.
                            And Corey Koskie tripped and fell backwards while backpedaling to catch a foul pop-up and basically ended his career.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              And Corey Koskie tripped and fell backwards while backpedaling to catch a foul pop-up and basically ended his career.
                              Yep. Concussions are weird. I don't think any one is the same.

Comment

Outside chance of Krockett playing? Although with as serious of an injury it sounded like, idk how effective he would be.
                                In my mind the only way that he should play is if he is 100%. I don't want to risk a great next three years for one game. Even if it is a semi-final.
                                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Working...
                                X