Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU Bison (semifinals)

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Play before that, Taryn went out like a yard or two short and they called it 3 yards back. Even Tyler said something about it
    Then that is on the coaches for not challenging the spot...wait, can they do that?
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
      You said it. That was a terrible spot on the slide.
      I didn't have a problem with the spot - the ball was behind the yard to gain when TC hit the ground. The problem was letting the Bison hit him AGAIN after he was into his slide.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
        Stig over there smiling at the refs when he should be chewing them out!
        I thought the same thing. Beating ndsu is hard enough but having to beat them and the refs are helping ndsu is basically impossible.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          Stig over there smiling at the refs when he should be chewing them out!
          Need to spread the rep points or you'd get more.
          Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
            Do you know the rules at all?

Answer: No you obviously don't.

He absolutely needs to go one more yard.
            Yep but hes avoiding the hit he took anyway. The point of a slide is saying your giving yourself up. But you probably dont know that. You shouldn't take head shots or late shots on a clear slide.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

This is like the Vikings New Orleans playoff game when the Saints intent was to knock Favre out of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                I didn't have a problem with the spot - the ball was behind the yard to gain when TC hit the ground. The problem was letting the Bison hit him AGAIN after he was into his slide.
                It didn't look like that to me. Looked like it was right on the line when he hit the ground. I was thinking maybe they spotted him at the point when he started to give himself up. Not sure if there's a difference on spotting the ball when the QB gives himself up. I agree with the other part about the continued hits, especially after they let the first one go.

Comment

PSJ with 10 rushes for 102. Run the damn ball to open up the passing game. Post routes have been there most of the night.

Comment

Jacks have to stop the Bison coming out of the half. Otherwise it could get ugly.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                      It gets spotted where the slide starts.
                      OK, if that's the case then they better start protecting the guy sliding from late hits (as everyone else has pointed out). If you give up yardage on that rule, you damn well better get the benefit of the protection.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                        Bingo. If they are going to mark it where you slide. They should also call when you hit late when he slides. What's the point of rules to protect players when it's not called. Might as well mark it where he was down. Would have been on the market probably.

Comment

The spot was correct. How about diving for the first down or running full speed to get the first down and head out of bounce. TC looked like he was looking for more then thought, crap, I better slide. The passing game must be better than 5-13 and 34 yards. Come on receivers, get one, run better routes or whatever it takes to get open. Last, stop the QB draw. Someone needs to spy Stick on every play.

Comment

Originally posted by Bozemaniac View Post
                            OK, if that's the case then they better start protecting the guy sliding from late hits (as everyone else has pointed out). If you give up yardage on that rule, you damn well better get the benefit of the protection.
                            Bingo.

Comment

Stig says they aren't gonna run Taryn as much in the 2nd half.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                                Stig says they aren't gonna run Taryn as much in the 2nd half.
                                Well...they didnt run him much in the 1st half, so that shouldn't matter. But, he is still going to need to scramble for us to win.

Comment

Working...
                                X