Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU Bison (semifinals)

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
    I completely feel the pain. But if you are suggesting that Stig should be gone because we don’t have the championships that NDSU has.... I would have to strongly disagree. SDSU is a top 5 program in the FCS. The most dominant program in South Dakota. We have it lucky. I know it’s hard to be thankful and grateful when you keep losing big time games. But I feel we are closer and closer every season. We keep improving. I would much rather lose in the semifinals to the Bison than not make the playoffs at all. This program is elite. For the amount of success we are having, our program is not getting its deserved respect. Attendance is not where it should be. This program has been so successful it should be a statewide event on saturday gamedays. If we want what they have up north..... we need more and better fans. We need more fan support. This program needs to be celebrated more than it is. But the people like us, who care, truly need to be thankful. Our program is awesome and if you think we should be making a major coaching change you need to reconsider and look at what we have already.
    I agree totally. More fans will make the experience better for everyone and it also impresses new recruits. How many of those recruits that are taking walk on offers to Iowa or Nebraska with the hope that maybe they can play someday will want to take the scholorship offer from SDSU and play in front of 18,000 fans every game in Brookings. Better recruits tend to make the coaches a lot smarter. That isn't even take account of what the extra revenue will do for the program either.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
      I completely feel the pain. But if you are suggesting that Stig should be gone because we don’t have the championships that NDSU has.... I would have to strongly disagree. SDSU is a top 5 program in the FCS. The most dominant program in South Dakota. We have it lucky. I know it’s hard to be thankful and grateful when you keep losing big time games. But I feel we are closer and closer every season. We keep improving. I would much rather lose in the semifinals to the Bison than not make the playoffs at all. This program is elite. For the amount of success we are having, our program is not getting its deserved respect. Attendance is not where it should be. This program has been so successful it should be a statewide event on saturday gamedays. If we want what they have up north..... we need more and better fans. We need more fan support. This program needs to be celebrated more than it is. But the people like us, who care, truly need to be thankful. Our program is awesome and if you think we should be making a major coaching change you need to reconsider and look at what we have already.
      Pretty spot on. With as bitter as I am about Friday and I do believe there at minimum needs to be at least a defensive philosophy change, to suggest Stig is a bad coach is boarderline moronic. Ndsu fans can chuckle all the want and tell us they hope we keep him, but really the odds are that if you make a switch we end up dropping off for a while at best and completely submarine the program at worst. Look at Nebraska. The screams for MUH TITLES has worked out great for them hasn’t it. Trust me, ndsu fans would like nothing more than to see us drop to mediocrity and wallow around trying to get the program back. Any one of them that says they want us to be good is full of ****. What they want is us to be good enough but not good enough to beat them. Stig has shown that not only is he improving the program year after year, he’s built something that CAN beat ndsu. The big game is the last piece. We’re all frustrated that the season ended this way but at the beginning of the season nobody except a couple people were predicting a second straight semi final appearance. Hell I’m madder than hell. Still. I won’t be over this one for a while. Try dealing with this and living in Fargo. Church was unbearable. The grocery stores are unbearable. But to make a knee jerk reaction to call for Stig to go is dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I don't want as many championships as NDSU, I JUST WANT ONE. We have a damn good fan base, for as small as Brookings is, population-wise. Fargo is nearly 4X the size of B town. This ain't Nebraska, where folks drive from Timbuktu, for every home game. Half of South Dakota is either Bison, or Husker fans. Good luck changing the culture. I've tried. Believe me. What I see happening is a certain degree of complacency, and that has to do with our current coaching staff (Stig). I celebrate our success, but until we get the green and yellow monkey off our back, I'm not satisfied. Watch and see what happens, the next five years. Either Stig retires, moves on to another program/contract gets bought out, or we keep losing to NDSU, in the playoffs.
        "Cheer the team from South Dakota with loyal hearts so true!"

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          This appears to be a severe case of SEC fever. It is manifested with a loss to Alabama on an annual basis. I am sure if you visit a physician there is certainly a pill that can be prescribed. Meanwhile, you have 5 years to get your experience and resume in order to apply for the head coaching job at SDSU. Good luck with the treatment and your journey.
          I live near College Station, so I get to hear about how great the a&m aggies are, in the SEC. Not. The only pill that is being prescribed right now is the hard to swallow kind. The truth is, we lost to NDSU in the playoffs, AGAIN. It sucks. Hey, if you know anything about Stig's history, you'll know that he didn't have a clue as to what he was doing, when he first started coaching football. I've already had experience as a player, so I'll start coaching Pee Wee and go from there. With that kind of extensive background, anything's possible...lol

Comment

Thumper, I agree with your post (#272 above). I wasn't very happy walking out of the FargoDome Friday night but we continue to move forward as a program.

We have to figure out a prisoner swap: Thumper back to South Dakota in return for three or more Bison expats living (and griping about it) in South Dakota.

Comment

Congrats on your season. This game should have been in Frisco. Now, have fun kicking our ass in basketball for a few months.

Comment

Friday night was almost frustrating enough to make me forget the Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned. Almost. There are a lot of frustrating parts to this run in general and this loss in particular, some are in our control and some are not. We can't control how good the Bison are. But we can control the fire and intensity we bring or don't bring, and we can control which defensive looks we give, and we can control the plays we call. When we start only losing due to things we can't control, I'll be satisfied. We are not there yet.

Comment

Originally posted by BrerRabbit View Post
                  Friday night was almost frustrating enough to make me forget the Game That Shall Not Be Mentioned. Almost. There are a lot of frustrating parts to this run in general and this loss in particular, some are in our control and some are not. We can't control how good the Bison are. But we can control the fire and intensity we bring or don't bring, and we can control which defensive looks we give, and we can control the plays we call. When we start only losing due to things we can't control, I'll be satisfied. We are not there yet.
                  AMEN

Comment

This ndsu derangement syndrome is getting old. Yes I would love to win s national championship but I think we are still working on it. We are as close as you can get. Ndsu is a whole nother level.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                      This ndsu derangement syndrome is getting old. Yes I would love to win s national championship but I think we are still working on it. We are as close as you can get. Ndsu is a whole nother level.
                      Wait for them to falter,come back down to Earth , or take it from them (Championship) at the height of their success, the latter would be much more satisfying I think.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        Wait for them to falter,come back down to Earth , or take it from them (Championship) at the height of their success, the latter would be much more satisfying I think.
                        Yep but getting all new coaches and stuff is a slippery slope. I like what we are building and I am happy where we are and where we are going. We have a short memory how mediocre this program was. Its grow amazingly in about the last 10-15 years. The last couple being the best we have ever had.
                        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

TC got the "c'mon man" treatment on the Monday night football pregame show for his slide short of the first down marker!!! He deserved it. I'm surprised they showed it, but there hasn't been much for football.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            TC got the "c'mon man" treatment on the Monday night football pregame show for his slide short of the first down marker!!! He deserved it. I'm surprised they showed it, but there hasn't been much for football.
                            https://twitter.com/ajfelts7/status/...555181057?s=21

Comment

Working...
                            X