Clear All

• Re: GDT: @NDSU Bison (semifinals)

Originally posted by tbcruiser View Post
    Point proven. Good night Jack FANS
    Tell me how I'm wrong. I'll wait.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      It's not the fans, obviously. But it is what the fans settle for. I don't know what else to say.

Again, I'm not asking to win every NDSU game in the playoffs. Or half. Just someday that we get the job done. Once. One time. One. If that's horrible, just hate on me all you want. And some of you do. I'm fine with that. But if repeated failures are your thing, fine. Someday we need to break through in the playoffs against the Bison. That's my take. It won't change. Ever. Ever. Ever. So crap on me all you wish until or unless it happens. I'll take it. I can handle it. I can handle it.
      A run to the semis but fire the D Coordinator?

Maybe one to many hits on the pipe tonight. I wanted it too bud. They were the better team.

Sleep it off. It is now officially basketball season and both our teams are going to roll the league.

Still sucks though!

SUPERBUNNY
      MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
        There just isn't another team in the FCS at NDSU's level. I'd say SDSU is the "best of the rest" but that doesn't mean anything.
        Agree, they are just at a completely different level than the rest of the FCS, and probably a legit top 20 FBS team.

Crazy to think that Easton Stick is 48-3 as a starting quarterback, and two of those three losses came from SDSU, with the other by James Madison two years ago.

I get it that we got boat-raced in this game, and it's easy to blame the coach for that. But you have to tip your cap to NDSU as well, they are just a d@mn good football team.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
          It's not the fans, obviously. But it is what the fans settle for. I don't know what else to say.

Again, I'm not asking to win every NDSU game in the playoffs. Or half. Just someday that we get the job done. Once. One time. One. If that's horrible, just hate on me all you want. And some of you do. I'm fine with that. But if repeated failures are your thing, fine. Someday we need to break through in the playoffs against the Bison. That's my take. It won't change. Ever. Ever. Ever. So crap on me all you wish until or unless it happens. I'll take it. I can handle it. I can handle it.
          SDSU is solid.

Don't forget that NDSU has lost one playoff game in the last eight years.

Comment

Congrats on a good season. I honestly think we just watched the championship game tonight. I don't see EWU or Maine beating you guys but you ran into a buzzsaw in this Bison team. They weren't going to be denied winning this game for Kleiman and the 24 seniors.

Comment

Originally posted by bisonbacker View Post
              Congrats on a good season. I honestly think we just watched the championship game tonight. I don't see EWU or Maine beating you guys but you ran into a buzzsaw in this Bison team. They weren't going to be denied winning this game for Kleiman and the 24 seniors.
              Thanks for the gracious post. I agree. Question for you though. Are you in the same camp as the asshats inn bisonville thst think you should be s top 10 team? That’s excessive self-engraciating at a level previously unknown to staunchest Bison fan.

Sad, really.

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

We just watched the Championship game.

I've gotta say - I think the difference was TC sliding instead of leaving it all out there (he obviously still did, but I hope you get what I mean.) Easton Stick was NOT going to be denied. Period. You guys would have faired better if Coach Klieman didn't take the K State job.

Also...you have Strong for three more years? ****.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
                2011, '12, '13, '14, '15, '17 '18 & '19 FCS National Champions

Comment

Not gonna lie, I thought this was the night the Jacks would take down NDSU. The coaching thing with Klieman is one thing, but the penalties that our offense had (false starts, holding, etc.) was very abnormal.

SDSU deserved to be on the other side of the bracket. The committee is so much against an all MVFC final it's ridiculous. I had the pleasure of meeting some Jacks fans on the way in tonight and we all looked at each other like, "yep, here we go again."

You guys are set to be perennial contenders. Your RB (Strong)...wow. He is a dude. He runs with a purpose. He will be fun to watch the next 3 years.

I do have to question the play calling in the late 3rd, early 4th. Down 14 and then some, and you are running the ball. I was puzzled by that. it's almost like the white flag was raised. To me, it's not your players holding the program back. I may be in the minority, but Stig just doesn't seem to get it. Again, just my opinion.

Congrats on a great season. I'm sure it's getting old getting beat by NDSU in the playoffs, but nothing but respect from this Bison fan.

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                    A run to the semis but fire the D Coordinator?

Maybe one to many hits on the pipe tonight. I wanted it too bud. They were the better team.

Sleep it off. It is now officially basketball season and both our teams are going to roll the league.

Still sucks though!

SUPERBUNNY
                    This is based on the whole season and previous seasons. Not just tonight. I'm done with the "bend but don't break" defense. Watching receivers run 7 yd hitches and get the ball thrown to them without any of our defenders within 10 yds gets old. It's so easy to game plan against. Indiana State should have beat us this year by finding the wide open soft spots in our weak pass defense. You would think that if we had a weak pass defense, maybe we're spelling out on the run. Nope. We run a vanilla base defense play after play. I think the argument that we should be happy because we've had two runs to the semis is bull ****. Who cares if we're better than 95% of the league? We are in the top 5% and still looking for that elusive championship. If we want to get from the former to the latter, something has to change. If we sit around and just hope that NDSU drops down to our level, we're going to be disappointed.

Comment

There's a lot to process after a performance like that, so I'll keep it brief.

1) Whether it's scheme or recruiting, we don't have the ability to play the kind of D needed to won these games. I'll go on record as saying we made great strides on that side of the ball this year, but games like this expose how far we are. Of course, NDSU is fantastic and their O line got a good push all night, but our tackling, gap responsibility, and scheme were just poor all night.

2) O line didn't have a good game in pass pro.

3) If we want to make it down to Frisco, we need to quit ****ING up in October. If we win at UNI this October, we're hosting Maine tomorrow and our chances of making it to Frisco go way up. I think that's the bigger piece that's missing than our playoff blowout losses. Those blowout losses are happening because we end up playing in places like Fargo and H-burg, where the wheels can fall off quick.

4) The game was over after the long score drive at the end of the second quarter. And I think everyone knew it.

5) There's a lot to be thankful for and there are 120+ other programs that would trade places with us in a heartbeat. But at some point, we've got to put it together. We have the talent to win a chanpionship, but we lack the consistency. Not sure why, but we do.

6) Life isn't fair, and we are not going to get to where we want to be unless we get better than that team. They put it together when it counts, and we have yet to do so. To date, the only playoff loss we haven't been blown off the field was 2014 @ NDSU. I'd feel better about where we're at if we were losing close games deep in the playoffs. But we get smoked consistently, and it tarnishes the accomplishment of making it that far.

7) I'm in the camp of getting a change on the defensive side of the ball. And that's with acknowledging that they were much improved this year. But it's still our weakness, and I don't think we can get over the hump until we adopt a different philosophy on that side of the ball.

Overall, it was a great season. Most (myself included) did not think we'd make it back to the semi-finals. We got to watch our program take a great step forward and reload on their way to another historic season. Thank you to the seniors, especially TC, who have built this program into a perennial power.

Here's to making 2019 a better season than 2018.

Comment

Originally posted by BisonSyd View Post
                        Not gonna lie, I thought this was the night the Jacks would take down NDSU. The coaching thing with Klieman is one thing, but the penalties that our offense had (false starts, holding, etc.) was very abnormal.

SDSU deserved to be on the other side of the bracket. The committee is so much against an all MVFC final it's ridiculous. I had the pleasure of meeting some Jacks fans on the way in tonight and we all looked at each other like, "yep, here we go again."

You guys are set to be perennial contenders. Your RB (Strong)...wow. He is a dude. He runs with a purpose. He will be fun to watch the next 3 years.

I do have to question the play calling in the late 3rd, early 4th. Down 14 and then some, and you are running the ball. I was puzzled by that. it's almost like the white flag was raised. To me, it's not your players holding the program back. I may be in the minority, but Stig just doesn't seem to get it. Again, just my opinion.

Congrats on a great season. I'm sure it's getting old getting beat by NDSU in the playoffs, but nothing but respect from this Bison fan.
                        Thank you for your sincere comments. I feel we are closing the talent gap in several areas, but tonight it showed we aren’t their yet.

Comment

I’ll apologize if this has been touched on already, I haven’t the mental fortitude to read this thread since the game.

Anyone calling for Brown to be fired needs to understand he is handcuffed by Stig and his philosophy. Frustrating, I wish Stig would let Brown and company design and implement anything they want...with veto powers of course.

The game changed i feel on the failed third down ehere TC slid too soon, we needed 3 or 7 there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Tibbs View Post
                            There's a lot to process after a performance like that, so I'll keep it brief.

1) Whether it's scheme or recruiting, we don't have the ability to play the kind of D needed to won these games. I'll go on record as saying we made great strides on that side of the ball this year, but games like this expose how far we are. Of course, NDSU is fantastic and their O line got a good push all night, but our tackling, gap responsibility, and scheme were just poor all night.

2) O line didn't have a good game in pass pro.

3) If we want to make it down to Frisco, we need to quit ****ING up in October. If we win at UNI this October, we're hosting Maine tomorrow and our chances of making it to Frisco go way up. I think that's the bigger piece that's missing than our playoff blowout losses. Those blowout losses are happening because we end up playing in places like Fargo and H-burg, where the wheels can fall off quick.

4) The game was over after the long score drive at the end of the second quarter. And I think everyone knew it.

5) There's a lot to be thankful for and there are 120+ other programs that would trade places with us in a heartbeat. But at some point, we've got to put it together. We have the talent to win a chanpionship, but we lack the consistency. Not sure why, but we do.

6) Life isn't fair, and we are not going to get to where we want to be unless we get better than that team. They put it together when it counts, and we have yet to do so. To date, the only playoff loss we haven't been blown off the field was 2014 @ NDSU. I'd feel better about where we're at if we were losing close games deep in the playoffs. But we get smoked consistently, and it tarnishes the accomplishment of making it that far.

7) I'm in the camp of getting a change on the defensive side of the ball. And that's with acknowledging that they were much improved this year. But it's still our weakness, and I don't think we can get over the hump until we adopt a different philosophy on that side of the ball.

Overall, it was a great season. Most (myself included) did not think we'd make it back to the semi-finals. We got to watch our program take a great step forward and reload on their way to another historic season. Thank you to the seniors, especially TC, who have built this program into a perennial power.

Here's to making 2019 a better season than 2018.
                            Great post, as is often the case. As I lamented previously, I couldn't watch the game, so I'll focus on a couple areas I'm interested in getting your and others' opinions on. First, regarding your item #3, how about we as fans make it a priority to end Oct. 2019 with an unparalleled blockade of Bison backers to help drown out any of their noise? Rather than anyone calling for firing coaches immediately after a loss (and I'm not saying you did in your post), let's fire up efforts to mobilize opposition to putrid green and yellow ungulates next year.

Similarly, I really wish we could work to end the "if you're not on board with firing a coach, you're satisfied with mediocrity and/or the reason the Jacks can't take the next step" mindset? Again, I'm not saying that's what you've done at all, but it serves no one to figuratively cannibalize our fellow fans, and it probably doesn't do much to encourage folks considering attending a game to do so next year.

Items #1 and #7 are interesting to me because some of the same coaches responsible for developing and implementing defensive schemes were also responsible for recruiting Jordan Brown and suggesting he transition from WR to CB. Similarly, they are the ones who recruited a relatively strong LB cadre and had Snyder transfer here (the likelihood of which was almost inevitably increased by his brother being recruited to play/playing here).

If Clint Brown were to be fired (personally, I am hoping he is not), then I would hope assistants like Jimmy Rogers or Dan Jackson are given serious consideration as replacements, given their aforementioned recruiting success and history of recognizing players' talent. However, I wonder if the confluence of factors such as a disparity in talent between Brown and other CBs on the team, Snyder's incredibly stout run support versus struggles in pass defense, etc. might be reasons for adherence to a base defense rather than coaches' refusal to adapt. Admittedly, I lack knowledge about the dynamics among football staff, so I'll concede that if Stig is the primary reason for a "vanilla" defense, as some have speculated, then the promotion of a current assistant could further entrench that defensive perspective. Conversely, bringing in a different DC could cause internal strife if/when that person confronts anyone demanding the current scheme remain largely intact. If I had my druthers, I would love to see increased investment in the current staff (e.g., hiring a couple more veteran "consultants") to begin to match the investment in facilities.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              False. Our O line played their ass off. TC didn't play well, and the receivers couldn't get open in 1 on 1 coverage.
                              The line had some success run blocking, but how many times did Taryn have the time to check all of his receivers to see who was open ? He was running for his life almost immediately on the majority of pass plays. Go back and compare the number of pass plays that Stick had with no pressure with the number Taryn had. He got the crap beat out of him and was fortunate he was able to walk off the field after the game. He didn't have a great game, but not many QB's would have with that kind of pressure on nearly every play.

Comment

This has got to be the best all-around team NDSU has ever had. I know their fans might beg to differ, but they're 14-0 and just beat the daylights out of the only team that challenged them this year.
                                Holy nutmeg!

Comment

Working...
                                X