GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs #7 Oregon Ducks @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs #7 Oregon Ducks @ Frost Arena

The Jackrabbits will need to catch some of that shooting touch from the MBB. Oregon is the most efficient offense in the land. The Jackrabbits will need to keep focused on the defensive intensity to disrupt the Duck rhythm. 93 points per game is the Duck habit. They can get the points from anywhere on the floor from a variety of players even though the variety is primarily 7 players. Those 7 players are punching up the points and 90% of the playing time. The starters all average double digit points. There have been only 9 players clock time this season for the Ducks. The Jackrabbits have played well enough this year to stay in the game. The big defensive draw will be the leader of the Ducks who is #20 Ionesco. Will it be Madi or Macy or both plus someone else to defend? This game will make Midco and ESPN+ at 7pm. Jackrabbits lead this series 2-0. This would be the signature win for the OOC. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs #7 Oregon Ducks @ Frost Arena

I imagine Madi will get the big defensive assignment and we'll hope she stays out of foul trouble. Will be interesting to see how the refs call it tonight, as they only have 10 on the roster. The refs we have had at home this year have really let them play so I'm predicting a physical game. This may be a must win for the possibility of an at-large bid, but hopefully we won't have to worry about that.

Comment

The Ducks come in at 7-1 and without a doubt are a excellent team. But when you look at their schedule so far I don't think we have to necessarily be scared and overwhelmed by them either. They have two signature wins (both at home), a two point win over Syracuse, and a 20 point win over Buffalo. Their other five wins come from teams with a combined 15-28 record thus far. Only one has a winning record (Saint Mary's). Their only loss is on the road to Michigan State by 6. If the women play up to their potential we will be celebrating a win, IMO.

Comment

Agreed, and if you look at the scores of those games they tend to give up plenty of points too. They have the size and star power, but everyone knows frost is a tough place to play. I think we might be 20 points better than buffalo at home too, that was our worst game of the year. Should be a great game and we have a really good chance to win.

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
          Agreed, and if you look at the scores of those games they tend to give up plenty of points too. They have the size and star power, but everyone knows frost is a tough place to play. I think we might be 20 points better than buffalo at home too, that was our worst game of the year. Should be a great game and we have a really good chance to win.
          I hope your're right about letting them play. It gets old watching ticky tack crap get called every other play.

Comment

Big opportunity tonight. We're currently sitting in a pretty good spot, in spite of that Buffalo loss. A win over Oregon would virtually lock in the security of an NCAA at-large bid plus likely eliminate the chances of getting a death sentence 13+ seed.

Some current SDSU rankings:
            RPI: 7th
            Massey: 24th
            ESPN MM poll: 2nd
            CI MM poll: 4th

Comment

I can kind of compare this game with Baylor, I thought we'd be hard pressed to stay within 10 of them, we did way better, and a few bounces here and there, we could easily have won that game. A win would no doubt cement in peoples minds we are a NCAA Tournament caliber team.It's the same scenario this time, but I have heightened expectations this time.GB,GB,GJ'ks

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                Big opportunity tonight. We're currently sitting in a pretty good spot, in spite of that Buffalo loss. A win over Oregon would virtually lock in the security of an NCAA at-large bid plus likely eliminate the chances of getting a death sentence 13+ seed.

This doesn't have anything to do with tonights game but I think a 13 seed would be OK. I'd prefer a 12 but if you are a 12 or 13 you play a 4 seed on their home court to get the the sweet 16. A 4 or 5 seed would be best but after that I don't think a 12 or 13 sound too bad.
                I may be greedy looking for the sweet 16 but with Maci and Madi I have high hopes for this year. I think those hopes should be realistic.

Comment

Its foggy north of SF. Hopefully this doesnt turn to icy roads for the drive home.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post

Not as much of a death sentence that the 8/9 seeding is. If you win, you play the #1 seed on their home floor in the 2nd round. No thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
                      This doesn't have anything to do with tonights game but I think a 13 seed would be OK. I'd prefer a 12 but if you are a 12 or 13 you play a 4 seed on their home court to get the the sweet 16. A 4 or 5 seed would be best but after that I don't think a 12 or 13 sound too bad.
                      I may be greedy looking for the sweet 16 but with Maci and Madi I have high hopes for this year. I think those hopes should be realistic.
                      I agree, 12 and 13 are best for reaching a sweet 16, we used to get them, but lately , we are too "good" to get that low of a seed, so we face a #1,
                      #2, or #3 seed at home for a sweet 16 spot, provided of course we win in the round of 64 first.

Comment

Only 8 in uniform for the Ducks tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          Only 8 in uniform for the Ducks tonight.
                          "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Feels a bit like a March crowd in here. Keep it up Jacks!

Comment

wish we'd box out for rebounds a little better on their misses, ....great game Jacks!

Comment

Working...
                              X