Who replaces Klieman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who replaces Klieman?

I occasionally check Hero Sports for FCS news. Here's a link with that site's speculation on candidates for the NDSU Head Coach position. Note at the end of the article, a suggestion that Coach Bob at USD may be a candidate. (That's the one left-field guess by the article writer.) Of those mentioned in the article, I thought Polasek made the most sense.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...eman-ndsu-bzbz

Re: Who replaces Klieman?

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    I occasionally check Hero Sports for FCS news. Here's a link with that site's speculation on candidates for the NDSU Head Coach position. Note at the end of the article, a suggestion that Coach Bob at USD may be a candidate. (That's the one left-field guess by the article writer.) Of those mentioned in the article, I thought Polasek made the most sense.

https://herosports.com/fcs/football-...eman-ndsu-bzbz
    There would be a mass explosion of heads in Bison Land if Bob Nielsen would be hired for that job. It would make the K State fans reaction to Klieman look like child's play.

Comment

Entz.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
        Entz.
        Entz may be a good choice. He's been in the program and can continue to carry the tradition.

Comment

Entz may be a good choice. He's been in the program and can continue to carry the tradition.
          As a Bison fan, I see more upside and downside with Polasek. Downside being he ends up being like Tim Brewster. Entz is the safer choice, but I do worry about backslide as I don't know if he has Klieman/Bohl charisma. Polasek is widely though of as the better recruiter and leaks confirm he is very interested. (He is a ladder climber; financially, he is already doing well at Iowa.) With that said, Entz is said to be recruiting MN very well which, along with WI, has always been the key to NDSU success.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            There would be a mass explosion of heads in Bison Land if Bob Nielsen would be hired for that job. It would make the K State fans reaction to Klieman look like child's play.
            Agree with this. Nielsen's timing is bad; if NDSU had tanked after Bohl, timing may have been perfect as they would have been willing to go external. And I imagine it would be a dream stepping stone job for Nielsen who is getting older......hard to go anywhere playing in Vermin, but he has recruited against NDSU better than Glenn.

Comment

I guess I don't get the love for Nielson.

Sure he did great in D2 but 8-5 (7-4, 2017) is the best he's pulled off as a D1 coach. His WIU teams were 16-21 under him, and he's 16-19 at USD.

They say he turned WIU around....ok, if going from 4-8, and 5-7 to 7-6 his last year at WIU. Sure WIU got a playoff win his last year, but that's a pretty meh turnaround, IMO.

At USD he's gone 4-7, 8-5 (a better turnaround, granted), but then 4-7 again. Pretty meh to me, but what do I know, I guess...
              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I guess I don't get the love for Nielson.

Sure he did great in D2 but 8-5 (7-4, 2017) is the best he's pulled off as a D1 coach. His WIU teams were 16-21 under him, and he's 16-19 at USD.

They say he turned WIU around....ok, if going from 4-8, and 5-7 to 7-6 his last year at WIU. Sure WIU got a playoff win his last year, but that's a pretty meh turnaround, IMO.

At USD he's gone 4-7, 8-5 (a better turnaround, granted), but then 4-7 again. Pretty meh to me, but what do I know, I guess...
                It's not like western was always bad. They had some decent years before him anyway. If he got usd back to the playoffs that would be better for a rebuilding job. After 3 years they are right where he started. If streveler doesn't transfer in Bob is probably on the hot seat after 3 years. Streveler skews the job he has done at usd.
                "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I suspect he is the top candidate. Nielson not so much. Contract buy out vs a local raise. Budget wise NDSU is doing okay, but Nielson is a risk.

Comment

Urban is out at Ohio State. North Dakota State is probably his dream job.

SUPERBUNNY
                    MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

If I was a Coyote fan, I’d want Bob Nielsen to go to NDSU. As a Jackrabbit fan, I have mixed feelings whether Nielsen should coach at USD or NDSU. Either place is fine.
                      Last edited by Jacked_Up; 12-13-2018, 12:01 PM.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                        Entz.
                        It's Entz. Story from GoBison.com
                        https://gobison.com/news/2018/12/13/...all-coach.aspx

Comment

I doubt they miss a beat.

They may take a bit of a step back next season, as they are losing Stick, and several other very talented seniors of this year's squad.

But that train is moving too fast to slow down too much.

Comment

NDSU has 24 seniors this year. SDSU had 13.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                              NDSU has 24 seniors this year. SDSU had 13.
                              There are three classes of recruiting that have not touched the field. Very good recruits no doubt and I expect not a beat will be missed.

Comment

Working...
                              X