Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Savannah State Tigers @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
    So whats more impressive, scoring 90 points in a football game or 90 points in a half of a basketball game?
    Basketball, that's a lot of points and the ball still has to go through the hoop. Don't get me wrong, FB is impressive too but in reality it's essentially 13 TD's...in theory you only need 13 plays to get to that score, pick 6, punt or kick ret, fumble ret, broken play, break away run and long passes. Where as in BB you need at minimum 30 possessions in a half to go perfectly and even then it's a crap shoot if it goes through the basket...look at free throws. If a RB breaks free 99% he crosses the goal line, unless he pulls a hammy.

Comment

Postgame is out.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/sdsuathletics
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

So whats more impressive, scoring 90 points in a football game or 90 points in a half of a basketball game?
        scoring on 18 straight possessions is pretty impressive

Comment

I realize there is only so much you can do when the opponent is completely over matched. That being said, the Jacks starters played 143 (72%) of the total 200 minutes and scored 111 (80%) of the total 139 points. Is the Jack bench that short?
          USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
            I realize there is only so much you can do when the opponent is completely over matched. That being said, the Jacks starters played 143 (72%) of the total 200 minutes and scored 111 (80%) of the total 139 points. Is the Jack bench that short?
            Yeah, we only have 10 available players.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
              Yeah, we only have 10 available players.
              5 guys on the bench should be able to manage the 2nd half fine with out much from the starters. Brown and Kruger barely played. I think it's more otz working his game management rotation more then anything. Unless Kruger is on the short list or doesn't play D no reason he shouldn't have been in a lot the 2nd half.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                5 guys on the bench should be able to manage the 2nd half fine with out much from the starters. Brown and Kruger barely played. I think it's more otz working his game management rotation more then anything. Unless Kruger is on the short list or doesn't play D no reason he shouldn't have been in a lot the 2nd half.
                Idk, even though it was a blowout, you still need to work on your stuff with your main guys. I'm fine with it. Daum only played 28 minutes, Jenkins 27. That's pretty normal for playing a very under matched team. You don't want guys to get cold just sitting on the bench. It's different when you only have a game once every 4 days.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                  Idk, even though it was a blowout, you still need to work on your stuff with your main guys. I'm fine with it. Daum only played 28 minutes, Jenkins 27. That's pretty normal for playing a very under matched team. You don't want guys to get cold just sitting on the bench. It's different when you only have a game once every 4 days.
                  I guess I look at it for a chance for the freshman to develop. If flatten and daum and DJJ only play 20 minutes I'm not worried they come out flat or rusty next game. I feel getting freshman court time during. Game would be more beneficial. But my opinion doesn't matter since I'm not the coach.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I guess I look at it for a chance for the freshman to develop. If flatten and daum and DJJ only play 20 minutes I'm not worried they come out flat or rusty next game. I feel getting freshman court time during. Game would be more beneficial. But my opinion doesn't matter since I'm not the coach.
                    Turned out to be a great game to be at!! I hate to be critical after an awesome performance but I too wonder why that whole second half wasn’t played by less experience players. Nothing more during the second half would have helped our starters for the rest of the year or to help prep vs Nevada. If a player goes down from an injury when we are up 50 it would have been the stupidest thing of all time. Also beau brown only getting 6 minutes. This is a unique situation where you could have given all the freshman a ton of run and also give beau some time as well. But I agree what do I know.

Comment

We are catching some crap from our friends down south about playing a Jr high team and its not helping the Summitys RPI, which is 30th out of 32 conferences. However Georgia,Texas A&M and Vandy have all played The jr high team and Iowa and Wisconsin will also be playing them. I dont think its our fault the Summit League sucks.

Comment

We are catching some crap from our friends down south about playing a Jr high team and its not helping the Summitys RPI, which is 30th out of 32 conferences. However Georgia,Texas A&M and Vandy have all played The jr high team and Iowa and Wisconsin will also be playing them. I dont think its our fault the Summit League sucks.
                        Are these the same friends from down south whose game tonight is against an NAIA team?
                        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                          Are these the same friends from down south whose game tonight is against an NAIA team?
                          Do not forget that it may be the same team that lost to UMKC on the home court!
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I would have liked to see the freshmen more, too. I don't like to see injuries but seeing our starters out there when we were up 50 reminded me of TC last year. I know some people say he wasn't injured against JMU but I'm sure two roughing calls in 2 straight plays didn't help. We wouldn't have that discussion if it wasn't for that. I do know you have to play and not worry about injuries but there is a point when you pull players. This is comparing football to basketball but people get injured walking down the street.
                            I sure hope I don't hear much about not having an experienced team next year. I know an extra 10 minutes off playing time might not but much but it is something. You redshirt players one year and then you don't play them in a blowout the next year cuts into their possible experience.
                            I know we will be mainly freshmen and sophomore's but some of the So.'s will be on campus for 2+ years. They could be juniors so they have been around.

Comment

I'm guessing the starters were out there so long in the second half because of how badly they played at the beginning of that half. They looked like they were pretty disinterested for a while but finally dialed back in. Then they came out. That's how I saw it, anyway.
                              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post

Thatd be them.

Comment

Working...
                                X