Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Oregon at Frost

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
    #20 may be the best women's player to ever set foot in frost. Already holds ncaa record for triple doubles and only a junior.
    I might give you one of the better players. Asia Durr is not too bad as she appeared last year. Then there was the Irish bringing Turner to town for 20 points and 9 boards. Georgetown brought their version of the twin towers another year. #12 Macy Miller is also a player in the mix for watch of Wade Trophy. The Jackrabbits saw one of the best players to be seen the day Baylor's Cox took over the game in Las Vegas. We can give #20 some respect, but she may not be the demise(fingers crossed) of the Jackrabbits on Wednesday because she is so talented. #50 from Drake was kind of good too. The Jackrabbits have played at a high level this year and I expect to see them respond again when the Ducks arrive. It would be fitting to see them win in the process.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      OK, I see she shoots like a assassin. Who do we put on her, who helps without giving up the open lay in?
      She can pass like an assassin too , wise to be cognizant of that too.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        She can pass like an assassin too , wise to be cognizant of that too.
        Put Myah on her and hope the rest can hold on? At least Myah has the height and length advantage on her. And she's pretty good too

Comment

True, it appears we are going to be undersized at every position. I have faith though!
          We have been playing great team ball so hopefully that will nuetralize a lot of the height disadvantage.

Comment

Oregon is now #7 in the polls. Jacks(1) and Yotes(10) getting votes. Drake drops out of Top 25.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

True, it appears we are going to be undersized at every position. I have faith though!
              We've played pretty good against teams with a height advantage, winning against NC State last year for example, playing tough with ND, Louisville, Baylor just this year. Hopefully, we'll be well prepared in advance to deal with it like we've done in the past. Don't drive right up close to them and try and shoot over them for one thing, that's a blocked shot, although Shoni Schimmel from Louisville had to try it naturally against basketballs most intimidating big ,Baylor's Brittney Griner, and actually succeeded , although she used a little fakery and shot it underhand if I recall, she got right in her face and taunted her afterwards(dangerous),showgirl Shoni couldn't resist (lol) and always get their missed shots, rebound. We'll be OK I'm thinking.

Another fond memory was when Chloe Cornemann rushed in playing against Oregon State when their big 6'6"center Ruth Hamblin rebounded a missed Jackrabbit shot and Chloe ripped the ball right out of her hands with such force she fell down, and was gone, this is a big women, I doubt she hardly ever saw the floor. My thoughts were that her wrestling Dad probably taught his daughters how to use leverage against a bigger, stronger opponent....LOL.
              Similarly, Clarrisa Ober fought to separate from a Miami's big who was tying up her arms holding her back in the NCAA's and she fell down,Ober also out fought a Stanford big for a rebound that Stanford post player lost her balance and went to the floor too. SDSU weight training at it's best. Clarrisa was only 6'2" but she didn't let anyone push her around. Point is, we've done pretty well against taller teams.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-11-2018, 10:54 AM.

Comment

Put Myah on her and hope the rest can hold on? At least Myah has the height and length advantage on her. And she's pretty good too
                Mich State put 5'5" Mccutcheon on Ionescu, really quick,lots of energy a really pesky player, knocked the ball away from her a lot, seemed to "bother" her quite a bit. I find that kind of interesting on how a certain type player can alter a good players style of play.We'll see if AJ has any special plans, or if we just have at 'em as we are

Comment

Working...
                X