12/14 @ Bison for a trip to Frisco

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12/14 @ Bison for a trip to Frisco

Hello all! TSCF will be serving Tom and Jerry's on Friday. Looking forward to a great match-up! I am pretty sure the good guys will win, but hope you all come on up!

Comment

I'm not confident at all. They are really good, and they have played just awesome the last few weeks.

Losing Krockett hurts alot against NDSU's power run scheme. If only because we are missing one of the best run stuffers on the team, and it hurts depth there.

And Stick has played lights out all season.

It's going to take a complete game from SDSU. Can't drop interceptions, can't fumble the ball, can't miss any opportunities.

I am hoping like crazy that they can pull it off. But, on Monday, I don't feel real good about it.

Comment

The Jacks will need to play almost a perfect game to win and they have the ability. NDSU has probably the best OL and DL in FCS and that is where the game is won. Limited penalties, no turnovers, eliminate those swing passes for no gain and tackling will be key. I don’t see Snyder playing as it looked like a concussion and normally a player doesn’t play the next week. It would be great if the Jacks scored first as well to quiet the crowd a bit. Thank god for perfect weather for the game.

Comment

The Jacks will have quite a bit going for them in this round of the playoffs - most significantly, a dry, fast track and, as the underdog, maybe a small element of surprise. Injuries have hurt, but this team is pretty deep. It's also pretty fast and pretty big, and it plays with confidence. (Thankfully, the team seems to have more confidence than its fan base.) The rematch with the bison from Fargo college is a big opportunity for SDSU. Let's kick some cow butt!
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
            The Jacks will need to play almost a perfect game to win and they have the ability. NDSU has probably the best OL and DL in FCS and that is where the game is won. Limited penalties, no turnovers, eliminate those swing passes for no gain and tackling will be key. I don’t see Snyder playing as it looked like a concussion and normally a player doesn’t play the next week. It would be great if the Jacks scored first as well to quiet the crowd a bit. Thank god for perfect weather for the game.
            I wouldn't necessarily say it is likely that Snyder plays, but it is possible for a player to complete all the steps of concussion protocol in a week. Protocol could have started on Sunday if he was symptom free - no headaches, dizziness, etc.

Comment

Is it safe to say this is the biggest game in the history of SDSU football?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Nah. All time? I'd say a bigger game was when we beat Wisconsin the last time we played and I can think of a few others that big.

Since the move to D-1? Yeah. I'd maybe even say in the last 50 years but I'm prone to exaggeration.

I am a season ticket holder so put in my application for tickets for Friday through SDSU. Anyone hear on their app yet?

Comment

I'd argue that it is...and if they win, the next game will be the biggest. Anytime there is an opportunity to play for a national championship that should be the biggest. This Game is for the right to play in the National Championship...against your biggest rival...oh, and they've won so many that just in the last 8 years you need 2 hands to wear the rings.

Comment

Without a doubt, yes. It's a NATIONAL SEMINFAL game against your biggest rival. The 2nd biggest game in SDSU history was last year against James Madison. The only reason this year trumps last year (rather than tie last year as the biggest game ever) is because it's against your rival.

Without knowing much of the history of the FargoDome (I'm assuming they never played a D2 National Championship in the dome, always neutral somewhere?), I think you could also say that this is the biggest game in the history of the FargoDome. Yeah, they've had 8 or so other semifinal games there, but I think a game against your rival also trumps those games.

Comment

How about this possibly being the biggest week to be a Jackrabbit. If the women can beat a top 10 Oregon on Wed, the men beat a top 10 Nevada on Sat and we beat the Bison on Friday, what a heck of a week to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                        How about this possibly being the biggest week to be a Jackrabbit. If the women can beat a top 10 Oregon on Wed, the men beat a top 10 Nevada on Sat and we beat the Bison on Friday, what a heck of a week to be a Jackrabbit.
                        I'd be happy with 2 of 3.

Comment

I'd be happy with 2 of 3.
                          2 out of 3 aint bad.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                            Nah. All time? I'd say a bigger game was when we beat Wisconsin the last time we played and I can think of a few others that big.

Since the move to D-1? Yeah. I'd maybe even say in the last 50 years but I'm prone to exaggeration.

I am a season ticket holder so put in my application for tickets for Friday through SDSU. Anyone hear on their app yet?
                            I havent heard anything yet.

Comment

With Kleiman likely to announce his signing with KSU tonight, I wonder how big of a distraction it's going to be for NDSU Friday

Comment

We have a way better shot of beating NDSU than Nevada. That Nevada game is scary.

Comment

Working...
                                X