Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12/14 @ Bison for a trip to Frisco

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
    On the Monday evening John Stigelmeier show from Cubby's, Stig didn't sound at all optimistic about Snyder, Krok Pot and a couple other players. So if the depth chart lists Snyder---is there some misinformation out there?

I think we can count on the NDSU players and coaches to do what they do best: play nearly flawless football no matter who is on the other side. But, always good to hear some of their fans whine and cry. Of all the FCS teams in the country, SDSU has the best shot of knocking the Bison off. I've got my tickets for the game and am really looking forward to this one. I'm predicting a Jacks win with a two TD cushion.
    How many drinks you have last night JD?

For SDSU to win, the recipe is simple. Christian needs to have the game of his life and outscore NDSU. NDSU's offense it too good to get completely shut down, but NDSU's defense does have breakdowns. With that said, you still have any o line injuries? That could be problematic.

It should be a good game. Hope some of you can make it up; PM me if you will be out tailgating; we will take care of you. (We all have heated tents.) Tailgate will be fully open at 2 PM. It will literally be a holiday in Fargo; you don't want to miss this!

Comment

Originally posted by THEsocalledfan View Post
      How many drinks you have last night JD?

For SDSU to win, the recipe is simple. Christian needs to have the game of his life and outscore NDSU. NDSU's offense it too good to get completely shut down, but NDSU's defense does have breakdowns. With that said, you still have any o line injuries? That could be problematic.

It should be a good game. Hope some of you can make it up; PM me if you will be out tailgating; we will take care of you. (We all have heated tents.) Tailgate will be fully open at 2 PM. It will literally be a holiday in Fargo; you don't want to miss this!
      I wouldn't say that Christion needs to have the game of his life... that's a bit dramatic, especially with the resurgence of our run game.

It seems like the O line is healthy. Genant wasn't expected to start last game, but ended up starting and played the whole game I believe.

The biggest injury concerns are on defense with Krockett and Snyder. I think Snyder will play, I kind of doubt Krockett will play, just gut feeling on both.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        I wouldn't say that Christion needs to have the game of his life... that's a bit dramatic, especially with the resurgence of our run game.

It seems like the O line is healthy. Genant wasn't expected to start last game, but ended up starting and played the whole game I believe.

The biggest injury concerns are on defense with Krockett and Snyder. I think Snyder will play, I kind of doubt Krockett will play, just gut feeling on both.
        Two keys for me.
        1) Will we be able to run the ball reasonably effectively.
        2) Will we be able to control their run game including Stick.

If the answer to both of those is yes we've got a really good chance.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post

Jacks all need to play a smart game on Friday.

No stupid penalties that either kill our drives or extend theirs
          No turnovers.
          Don't abandon the run
          TC needs to run. Stick's running is what saved the Bison in the first game this year, we need to try to return the favor.

Although I like our quick strike offense, we also need to have sustained drives. As has been talked about on other forums, the Bison's depth is what sets them apart from almost every other program. We need our defense to get some rest throughout the game.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

How many drinks you have last night JD? ...
            Just one beer. What the heck, predictions are easily made with a few keystrokes. I understand why the odds-makers pick the Bison to win. But, no one is counting out the Jacks in this game. The Jacks can be so explosive. By all rights it should be a great football game but I'll stick with the two TD margin prediction.

I'm not sure how early I'll arrive for the game but will pass on the tailgating. Will be meeting up with other Jacks fans.

Comment

This thing will be hugely effected by all the cliché factors (turnovers, special teams, pentalites, etc.). That's what you'd expect in a game like this.

This is a huge challenge. IMHO, to win the two biggest factors will be: TC really on point by being accurate and using his feet as a weapon, and the defense needs to play a great game without any major breakdowns.

They can do it. There is no team better prepared to play in their atmosphere than the Jacks and we tend to match up pretty well with them.

Can't wait for Friday night!

SUPERBUNNY
              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Just one beer. What the heck, predictions are easily made with a few keystrokes. I understand why the odds-makers pick the Bison to win. But, no one is counting out the Jacks in this game. The Jacks can be so explosive. By all rights it should be a great football game but I'll stick with the two TD margin prediction.

I'm not sure how early I'll arrive for the game but will pass on the tailgating. Will be meeting up with other Jacks fans.
                Must spread rep.

For those who think NDSU is only a running team, I'd encourage you to rewatch the first SDSU game. Stick had 2 TD passes and the 1 INT was one of the best defensive plays I saw all year. (tip of the hat to SDSU; probably prevented a Bison TD on that drive)

Comment

Stig on 1660 right now.

Comment

I haven't read the thread carefully, but 2 things that haven't' been covered that will be key IMO:

1-Get off the field on 3rd and long.
                    2-Stop Stick when he scrambles.

Those two things have killed us the last few times we played.
                    “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

Must spread rep.

For those who think NDSU is only a running team, I'd encourage you to rewatch the first SDSU game. Stick had 2 TD passes and the 1 INT was one of the best defensive plays I saw all year. (tip of the hat to SDSU; probably prevented a Bison TD on that drive)
                      Oh please. He was 9-20 for 182 yards.

Am I supposed to shake in my boots because of that stat line?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        Oh please. He was 9-20 for 182 yards.

Am I supposed to shake in my boots because of that stat line?
                        Yes, I do think you should. I was pointing out not all was rushing. Plus, the passing game has improved over the year. The is a reason he was first team AP and finalist for Walter Payton.

Comment

Yes, I do think you should. I was pointing out not all was rushing. Plus, the passing game has improved over the year. The is a reason he was first team AP and finalist for Walter Payton.
                          But you said to re-watch the first game.

If I do I'll see a below average passing day from your QB.

He killed us on the ground.

Comment

If NDSU has to rely on 300+ yards of passing from Stick, then there has been a breakdown somewhere in the Bison offense. However, he is good enough at throwing the ball to keep teams honest. Defenses can't stack the box because he will just throw it over the top. Drop into a run-zone and his scrambling causes problems. My analysis of his game is that he doesn't do anything "great" but he does most everything "really good."

It will be interesting to see if the coaches open things up for TC and his scrambling ability. When there is threat of TC running, that is when this team is at it's best.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                              If NDSU has to rely on 300+ yards of passing from Stick, then there has been a breakdown somewhere in the Bison offense. However, he is good enough at throwing the ball to keep teams honest. Defenses can't stack the box because he will just throw it over the top. Drop into a run-zone and his scrambling causes problems. My analysis of his game is that he doesn't do anything "great" but he does most everything "really good."

It will be interesting to see if the coaches open things up for TC and his scrambling ability. When there is threat of TC running, that is when this team is at it's best.
                              I'd argue his scrambling ability is "great".

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                But you said to re-watch the first game.

If I do I'll see a below average passing day from your QB.

He killed us on the ground.
                                Fair point. I thought the Shep pass was a critical play which is why I made the statement.

Comment

Working...
                                X