Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 12/14 @ Bison for a trip to Frisco

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    We have a way better shot of beating NDSU than Nevada. That Nevada game is scary.
    You hush, I am flying out to that game. The last time I flew to a game to watch the Jacks they were promptly dismantled by JMU. I only want to hear positive thoughts!

Comment

It's truly amazing how rude and obnoxious the Bison fans are. As if their complete self absorbed arrogance wasn't enough.

Comment

I'll take the Bison in this one, and hope my predictions are as good as they usually are
        Originally posted by JackFan96
        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          2 out of 3 aint bad.
          Darn. Now I'll have that Meatloaf song stuck in my head all night.

Comment

The Bison's run may be ending. They've got a big senior class and with their coach and probably some of his assistants leaving for K-State, their recruits might be having second thoughts about going to NDSU. The Bison have a lot to think about this week. Advantage, Jacks.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...man-head-coach
            This space for lease.

Comment

SO, Sounds like Snyder is iffy at best.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                The Bison's run may be ending. They've got a big senior class and with their coach and probably some of his assistants leaving for K-State, their recruits might be having second thoughts about going to NDSU. The Bison have a lot to think about this week. Advantage, Jacks.

http://www.espn.com/college-football...man-head-coach
                Check out what happened after 2013.....

BTW distraction is now over. Now focus sets in to send the coach out right. Your timing could not be worse.

Comment

If anything about this game is now guaranteed, we are going to have to weather the initial storm of emotion from ndsu with the Klieman news. Bison fans might be full of it all the time, but I have zero doubt their team and fans will be charged up to send him out on a high note. That’s going to be step one. No big turnovers, get a stop, and preferably an early score to get things under control. It might even be loud in there on the first drive or two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

If Korlikowski and Snyder are both out...gotta be real, those are probably two of our five most important players on defense. Two of our best players, anyhow, no matter how you slice it. And that that's a reason for some serious concern.
                    Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

I agree that this news probably doesn't do anything to help SDSU's chances. But I don't think it really hurts that much either. I mean, this game was already going to be a 9.9 out of 10 on the intensity scale anyways, given the rivalry and the stakes. This news bumps it up to a 10.0. Big whoop. Were the Bison players and fans going to give it 75% effort and only be "mostly motivated" before the news broke today? Probably not.

It's a tough place to play, and a really tough place in the playoffs. If you're their main rival, it's off the charts. If it's their head coache's last game at home? It's slightly more off the charts, I guess? I honestly think all the "extra motivation" is really only a factor for the first few minutes, and then it's just another semi-final game (which will be challenging enough). I really don't think this news does much one way or the other for the Jacks chances. Come out flat and get down early, and they'll be all over us anyways. Come out and punch them in the mouth, and everyone will forget all about the symbolic drama around the game. It just adds to the storyline, and will make a potentially epic game all that much more epic, one way or the other I guess.

Any Bison fan that says some thing equivalent to "Now you REALLY don't have a chance" is simultaneously admitting that motivation to make it to Frisco prior to this news was not at 100%. I seriously doubt that was the case, so I'll take all their "extra motivation" regarding this news with a grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
                        If Koralikowski and Snyder are both out...gotta be real, those are probably two of our five most important players on defense. Two of our best players, anyhow, no matter how you slice it. And that that's a reason for some serious concern.
                        Agree #3 and #5 that I would not want to miss this weekend. Snyder, being his potential last game after what he's been through with injuries would be hard pill to swallow.
                        Rozy
                        Brown
                        Snyder
                        Earith
                        Krockett

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          It's truly amazing how rude and obnoxious the Bison fans are. As if their complete self absorbed arrogance wasn't enough.
                          Eh, most of them aren't that bad, unless you've been hanging out on bisonville.

Comment

Lots of pressure on the team and coaches to win this Friday and show that there weren’t any distractions. Jacks have nothing to lose in this game.
                            Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

In most cases when a coach leaves for a new job, it would be a negative distraction for the team. However for this NDSU team I feel like they have so much respect and appreciation for their coach that it is a more of a rallying point and wanting to send him out on top.

Lots of times when coaches leave you see things on social media, hear things, current and former players, "we gave it are all for him and he left us hanging with games still to be played...." With Klieman it is all positive things and "congrats on the next step. Couldn't happen to a better coach."

Comment

Originally posted by mnjackrbt View Post
                                In most cases when a coach leaves for a new job, it would be a negative distraction for the team. However for this NDSU team I feel like they have so much respect and appreciation for their coach that it is a more of a rallying point and wanting to send him out on top.

Lots of times when coaches leave you see things on social media, hear things, current and former players, "we gave it are all for him and he left us hanging with games still to be played...." With Klieman it is all positive things and "congrats on the next step. Couldn't happen to a better coach."
                                This isn't a regular season game. If both teams can't "get up" for a semifinal game there is something wrong. The distractions this week from not just Klieman, but all of the assistants who are also effected tremendously is substantial. NDSU will be up wether it's Klieman's last game or not. I'd hope our guys are "up" for getting our coach his first trip to Frisco. Distractions, yes, extra motivation, I don't think so.

Comment

Working...
                                X