Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Drake Bulldogs @ Frost Arena

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
    If they were the 21st-best team in the country we definitely belong in the top-25. This is a good time to have Oregon coming to town.
    We aren't even getting votes are we, in either poll?

Comment

We were before the Vegas trip.

Comment

the buffalo loss really hurt. It was a let down game for sure.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
          the buffalo loss really hurt. It was a let down game for sure.
          That loss hurt...but I think it also refocused the team and made them a little angry.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
            That loss hurt...but I think it also refocused the team and made them a little angry.
            The Baylor game should have done that.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
              The Baylor game should have done that.
              Maybe it did...but it also wore them out physically. Couldn't have been easy to play back to back
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                Maybe it did...but it also wore them out physically. Couldn't have been easy to play back to back
                A day off in between and we probably beat buffalo. But buffalo played game the day before also.

Comment

Sydney Palmer ends up with 11 points. IMO she scored some of the most clutch points when we needed them in a couple minute stretch when Drake was making its run. It was really nice to see her have such a good game with all the work she has put in over the years for the program.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                    Sydney Palmer ends up with 11 points. IMO she scored some of the most clutch points when we needed them in a couple minute stretch when Drake was making its run. It was really nice to see her have such a good game with all the work she has put in over the years for the program.
                    Looking at her stat line I would call her the player of the game. JMO

Comment

It’s good the Syd had a game because we really needed it. Quite simply she needed it as well as she has not been good this year. Hopefully she can actually take this and build on it because we are going to need point production from our bench to make a good run this year.

Comment

Palmer has been better than most think. She is averaging 5.4 ppg on 61% shooting. That is 5th on the team in points per game. She is averaging 4.0 rebounds which is 4th on the team. She is doing that on 17 minutes per game which is 7th on the team. She is usually in the game playing against larger players. I agree that maybe she needs more minutes to do more. She had a great game today since she put in 11 points which were a great commodity when others struggled at times with some shots in the 3rd quarter. Larson was 3-3 in that quarter and 1-6 the rest of the game. Bench production like Palmer and Burckhard and Cascio-Jensen and Theuninck will all be important for the success this year. Tonight had 17.5% of point production from the bench, 30.5% of the rebounds and 28% of the minutes. This could be a summary stat each game for reference for the bench.
                        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I was amazed at how many times we couldn't extend the lead when we were ahead by 1 pt late in the 4th quarter of the game. I was equally amazed that they then couldn't take the lead the same amount of possessions (I counted 4 possessions neither side could score).We finally got a bucket, they missed , then got a 3 to put us up by six, they cut it to 4 , a Tylee Irwin 3 increased the lead to 7 and that was the clincher as that's all they could do as time was running out for them. Kind of a bizarre ending, but it worked out our way. A dramatic finish to an exciting game, fun to watch, but a little nerve-racking also.

Back to Palmer, she's become pretty valuable this year to the team, even last year she shot at a high percentage, she reminds me of all the late bloomers we've had ,who had fantastic senior years, like Lexi Alexander, Gabby Boever, Steph Paluch ,Katie Lingle, etc, and many more. All very good players to have on our team their senior years.We are blessed to get such good players year in and year out.
                          Last edited by jackdaniel; 12-10-2018, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Has anyone seen a postgame from coaches for SDSU vs Drake?
                            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                              Has anyone seen a postgame from coaches for SDSU vs Drake?
                              I've always meant to thank you for finding them and posting them here! I have faith you will dig it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                                I've always meant to thank you for finding them and posting them here! I have faith you will dig it up!
                                At this time, the chances of the media being in Georgia could have changed the routine.

Comment

Working...
                                X