Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: @Kennesaw State Owls (playoffs-quarterfinals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @Kennesaw State Owls (playoffs-quarterfinals)

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    Not sure if you are knocking the defense or not but they were pretty impressive today, IMO. One week to prep for the top triple option attack in the FCS. Sure they had lapses but that is what the TO is designed to do.
    I had the impression that KSU was not a passing team, but we gave a lot of big plays on passing. The receiver was often wide open. I agree we did a good job shutting down the triple option.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
      How’s the women’s b-ball attendance?
      I attended the WBB game. The published attendance was 1711. It would have been nice to have had more but it was a decent crowd and a pretty fair environment when they needed it. I only saw some snippets from the FB game, one picture showed a pretty fair sized clump of Jacks fans considering how the stands looked. For those that watched the whole game did our fans have a pretty large representation there?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        I attended the WBB game. The published attendance was 1711. It would have been nice to have had more but it was a decent crowd and a pretty fair environment when they needed it. I only saw some snippets from the FB game, one picture showed a pretty fair sized clump of Jacks fans considering how the stands looked. For those that watched the whole game did our fans have a pretty large representation there?
        Maybe their stadium name was a harbinger of attendance (a "fifth" Jacks fans and a "third" Owls fans)

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
          Maybe their stadium name was a harbinger of attendance (a "fifth" Jacks fans and a "third" Owls fans)

Well, they knew going in how to prepare and dress. So I am guessing every Jacks fan that went down there will say it was worth it. Kudos to them for representing.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            Well, they knew going in how to prepare and dress. So I am guessing every Jacks fan that went down there will say it was worth it. Kudos to them for representing.
            To clarify, that post was not meant to imply actual attendance from Jacks fans. However, the group they showed on TV looked like it numbered between 50 and 100, and I'd guess more were not shown

Comment

To clarify, that post was not meant to imply actual attendance from Jacks fans. However, the group they showed on TV looked like it numbered between 50 and 100, and I'd guess more were not shown
              Gotcha

Comment

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                I had the impression that KSU was not a passing team, but we gave a lot of big plays on passing. The receiver was often wide open. I agree we did a good job shutting down the triple option.
                They had 106 yards passing. One was a completely busted coverage to the running back (19yd TD). Again, that is what the option does to your eyes and reads. The safeties had a terrible couple drives in the second half. Slade missed a number of tackles, Manchigiah took a poor angle and Zo looked super slow on a TD. They can play better. Hopefully Snyder isn’t too injured/concussed.
                Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  They had 106 yards passing. One was a completely busted coverage to the running back (19yd TD). Again, that is what the option does to your eyes and reads. The safeties had a terrible couple drives in the second half. Slade missed a number of tackles, Manchigiah took a poor angle and Zo looked super slow on a TD. They can play better. Hopefully Snyder isn’t too injured/concussed.
                  I'd love to see Snyder make the NDSU announcers/fans eat crow for the less than complimentary commentary the announcers offered about him during Marker game

Comment

That is about what I saw too. I thought it was very classy for Taryn to thank the fans too with the on field post game interview.

Comment

Jacks play Friday night.

Comment

Saw the post game video from the Kennesaw locker room. Seems like they have a similar family aspect to SDSU, coach was holding back tears and seemed like a huge family atmosphere. Made me a fan of Kennesaw St. In the future, unless they are playing the Jacks. Really impressed by coach Bohannon, seems like a great coach to play for.

Comment

Kennesaw seemed to shift from the triple option to a more passing-oriented attack after they fell a couple of scores behind. The fact that their starting QB hurt his non-throwing arm and the second-string QB was a better passer might have had something to do with that. Regardless, the Jacks' defense deserves credit for successfully adjusting on a very wet field.
                          This space for lease.

Comment

Win and advance.

Winning by 10 on the road, in poor weather, against the team that was ranked #2 in the nation most of the year is not a poor game.

Hope they come ready to play on Friday night. I will be unable to watch.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Win and advance.

Winning by 10 on the road, in poor weather, against the team that was ranked #2 in the nation most of the year is not a poor game.

Hope they come ready to play on Friday night. I will be unable to watch.
                              Work Xmas party or the football game.........decisions decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                                Work Xmas party or the football game.........decisions decisions.
                                HS basketball.

Comment

Working...
                                X