Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: @Kennesaw State Owls (playoffs-quarterfinals)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: GDT: @Kennesaw State Owls (playoffs-quarterfinals)

Great win!!! Nice clinching drive, TC came up huge. Now we brace for the scary part of playing the triple option, the inevitable injuries that will come out the week after. We have to lead the country in false starts, it seems like we have a bunch of them each week.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
      Great win!!! Nice clinching drive, TC came up huge. Now we brace for the scary part of playing the triple option, the inevitable injuries that will come out the week after. We have to lead the country in false starts, it seems like we have a bunch of them each week.
      Heck, Tiano leads the country in False starts...frustrating.

Comment

I thought Matt Chatham, the TV announcer from USD was pretty good and even-handed. He acknowledged that the Jacks have dominated USD in recent years.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
          I thought Matt Chatham, the TV announcer from USD was pretty good and even-handed. He acknowledged that the Jacks have dominated USD in recent years.
          I loved his comment about the ugly green and yellow colors!!

Comment

Big win in bad, bad playing conditions. A hard, steady rain on unfamiliar turf. There seemed to be quite a few injuries. Hopefully Brandon Synder and other dinged up players will be OK for the NDSU rematch.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
              Yeah I thought he was fine. I felt they did a good job. Don't think I heard a San Diego at all. Usually that's a good indicator for me how well they do. I thought they did a good job talking highly of both programs and complimentary overall. I didn't hear anything that I cringed at like a lot of times.
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                Yeah I thought he was fine. I felt they did a good job. Don't think I heard a San Diego at all. Usually that's a good indicator for me how well they do. I thought they did a good job talking highly of both programs and complimentary overall. I didn't hear anything that I cringed at like a lot of times.
                The more successes the Jacks have, the fewer San Diegos we will hear
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                  The more successes the Jacks have, the fewer San Diegos we will hear
                  Yet the announcers next week will probably praise every thing Buffalos next week and still give us at least one San Diego. Last week against the Dukes they dropped an San Diego on us. at least he corrected himself and noticed it.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

We win. I’m happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Our defense had best show up next week. It's a bit alarming. Interesting to note a declared attendance of 3,200 people. Most of them must have been stuffed in the "sky boxes" because the stands were fairly sparse. Our coaches and team have to ratchet things up a notch as the next game will be the most of important of SDSU's football program history. This is rarified air and you never know when you get back here again. There are a lot of us older alums who want to see us in that game at least once in our lifetimes. Given talent we have, the time is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                        Our defense had best show up next week. It's a bit alarming. Interesting to note a declared attendance of 3,200 people. Most of them must have been stuffed in the "sky boxes" because the stands were fairly sparse. Our coaches and team have to ratchet things up a notch as the next game will be the most of important of SDSU's football program history. This is rarified air and you never know when you get back here again. There are a lot of us older alums who want to see us in that game at least once in our lifetimes. Given talent we have, the time is now.
                        Paid attendance. https://twitter.com/gojacksfb/status...869309952?s=21

Comment

Originally posted by Cowbell View Post
                          Our defense had best show up next week. It's a bit alarming.
                          Not sure if you are knocking the defense or not but they were pretty impressive today, IMO. One week to prep for the top triple option attack in the FCS. Sure they had lapses but that is what the TO is designed to do.
                          Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Yet the announcers next week will probably praise every thing Buffalos next week and still give us at least one San Diego. Last week against the Dukes they dropped an San Diego on us. at least he corrected himself and noticed it.
                            Maybe it was a Freudian slip that time due to them thinking of balmy San Diego while Jacks and fans in attendance were enjoying the snow

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                              Not sure if you are knocking the defense or not but they were pretty impressive today, IMO. One week to prep for the top triple option attack in the FCS. Sure they had lapses but that is what the TO is designed to do.
                              It's been very fun to watch Brown and the Iowans fly around and make plays this season. Hopefully next weekend we're discussing how the Jacks upset the Bison and are onward to Frisco

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                                I agree. I thought the D played well against the TO. It's hard to adjust and trust your keys when they lie to you all game and then all of a sudden the opponent starts throwing. Adjustments should have been made due to down & distance.

However, what people need to realize is that we will not and don't need to beat these teams by 35 points. If we win two more games with a margin of victory of +2 total we will win a championship. Keep cheering and believe! It's within reach again. And although I was not successful in the FFD a lot of these players have been. I like our chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X