Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Klieman

Originally posted by JimmyJack View Post
    K-State gets a good one. NDSU will undoubtedly get another good one to replace him.
    Yep, SDSU just has to keep getting better.

Comment

I think this is #good for SDSU. Klieman is good, and having a good coach leave your rival is good. I doubt NDSU whiffs on the hire, but there's a chance the next guy is not good. So even with that small chance, it has to be seen as a positive. I'd say it's effect on this Friday's game is about 0.
      Originally posted by JackFan96
      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Supposedly the Kansas State boosters are not happy about this. I suspect they'll be proven wrong. Good for Klieman. He earned it. And even better for us.
        Grumbling along and embracing my role. If I didn't care, I wouldn't care. Go Jacks!

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
          Supposedly the Kansas State boosters are not happy about this. I suspect they'll be proven wrong. Good for Klieman. He earned it. And even better for us.
          That’s because anybody with enough money from a P5 school to be a booster is bound to put a lot of emphasis on the “splash” factor of a coach. Gotta feel as important as KU, even if KU has been a dumpster fire for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

ESPN story from this evening:
            http://www.espn.com/college-football...man-head-coach

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
              That’s because anybody with enough money from a P5 school to be a booster is bound to put a lot of emphasis on the “splash” factor of a coach. Gotta feel as important as KU, even if KU has been a dumpster fire for years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              Losing at home in the playoffs to your rival probably wont curry much favor with the boosters that are already upset. Im sure he will be fine at KSU and he has earned this and deserves it, but I am a little surprised they are letting him coach for NDSU as their just isn't anything for KSU to gain, in fact if he loses, it gets tougher with boosters and even recruiting. They are paying him a lot of money and recruiting is the life blood of the team. Every day matters with the early signing period coming up and losing a week or possibly 3 weeks is a lot of time. Klieman wearing a NDSU and KSU hat on the same day is a little difficult to take for some. On top of that won't he be in the way of a new coach coming in too as Im sure NDSU wants their vacancy filled ASAP too.

Maybe the Jacks can just do them all a big favor on friday and make the decisions for all involved much simpler.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
                Losing at home in the playoffs to your rival probably wont curry much favor with the boosters that are already upset. Im sure he will be fine at KSU and he has earned this and deserves it, but I am a little surprised they are letting him coach for NDSU as their just isn't anything for KSU to gain, in fact if he loses, it gets tougher with boosters and even recruiting. They are paying him a lot of money and recruiting is the life blood of the team. Every day matters with the early signing period coming up and losing a week or possibly 3 weeks is a lot of time. Klieman wearing a NDSU and KSU hat on the same day is a little difficult to take for some. On top of that won't he be in the way of a new coach coming in too as Im sure NDSU wants their vacancy filled ASAP too.

Maybe the Jacks can just do them all a big favor on friday and make the decisions for all involved much simpler.
                I think it's a pretty good hire. It will be good to see some Physical Football played in the Big 12 again. Klieman is deserving of at least a chance, and he got it.

And I fully believe the Bison will be fine. They'll hire someone good, and that person will do a good job.

Comment

How much of his staff is going with him and who maybe stays to take over? Who do they have as internal candidate?
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                    How much of his staff is going with him and who maybe stays to take over? Who do they have as internal candidate?
                    Also will he be taking any players (Jabril Cox) with him????

Comment

Originally posted by BitsTD View Post
                      Also will he be taking any players (Jabril Cox) with him????
                      Cox has already redshirted, so if he left he would be in a sit one and play one situation. And lose a year of eligibility.

Comment

Working...
                      X