GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Southern Jaguars @ Frost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Southern Jaguars @ Frost

Today is the day to get the 25th consecutive home win at Frost Arena. The Jaguars are picked to be in the middle of the SWAC. #20 Umude is SWAC conference 2nd team pick. He is 6'7" forward. Sr guard #22 Reese is the leading scorer. The Jags have played some heavyweights like Alabama, Baylor, Louisville, George Mason & Western Michigan on the way to 1-7 record. The lone victory is over NAIA Wiley College. This may be the game to get some more minutes for the developing freshman class. A couple of games in Frost this time of year could be the best prescription for the Jackrabbits. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits vs Southern Jaguars @ Frost

There are only 5 more games before conference play. I don't think the games against Nevada and Montana will be easy so I don't see those games as experience builders for the freshmen. I do not know how Eastern Washington is this year so there might only be the next 2 games where the freshmen could get a ton of minutes. I'm sure they will get some playing time is the conference season but it would be nice to get them some PT before then.
    That does look like a tough schedule. I don't think they will be a great team but you could easily have a bad record playing that schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      There are only 5 more games before conference play. I don't think the games against Nevada and Montana will be easy so I don't see those games as experience builders for the freshmen. I do not know how Eastern Washington is this year so there might only be the next 2 games where the freshmen could get a ton of minutes. I'm sure they will get some playing time is the conference season but it would be nice to get them some PT before then.
      That does look like a tough schedule. I don't think they will be a great team but you could easily have a bad record playing that schedule.
      The Jacks only have four players in the rotation that are upperclassmen. so the freshmen are going to get major minutes regardless of who the opponent is.This will be good for the future, but the near-term could be rocky, especially against Nevada.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        The Jacks only have four players in the rotation that are upperclassmen. so the freshmen are going to get major minutes regardless of who the opponent is.This will be good for the future, but the near-term could be rocky, especially against Nevada.
        I know that there are only a few games this season but the starters played all but 24 minutes against Memphis. One freshman had to start so I took them out but I wanted the others to play more, too.
        Against FGCU the bench played a lot but that is because (in my mind) Daum and T. King both fouled in in 22 minutes so the bench had to play.
        Against GCU, the bench played 16 minutes total.

I think those three teams and they type of teams I think Montana and Nevada are. Unless there is serious foul trouble, will the bench play more that 30 minutes total.
        It is along season and I know that the bench will get their minutes but the more they can play this year the more experience they will have for next year. Daum, Flatten and T. King play more than 90 minutes/game most games and that will need to be made up for next season.
        I am not worried about next year but would feel a little better if we had more than one player average more than 7PPG coming back.

Comment

Anyone know if the game will be on Midco TV?
          This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
            Anyone know if the game will be on Midco TV?
            It is not.

Comment

There's now a "cast to tv" option right there when you log in to the video at Jackrabbits All Access. That's an improvement over last year, anyway. Last year it seems like I had to use Google Chrome and cast the whole screen.

Make some progress tonight. I'd like to see one or two freshmen really show up in a big way. It's becoming clearer that the progress of that group will be a huge factor affecting what happens to the team in March.

Comment

Very sloppy basketball so far. We already have 6 turnovers in the first 10 minutes.

Comment

Daum can get 50 tonight if he wants it. He has 35 with over 11 to go. However, it would probably be best if TJ gives some more time to Dentlinger down the stretch.

Southern’s consistently hot 3-pt shooting has kept them hanging around. They’re still over 50%. The Jacks have not exactly been playing at their highest level either. Just kind of doing enough to get the W, but not much more.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=40zpca9e1-M
                    postgame
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                      Very sloppy basketball so far. We already have 6 turnovers in the first 10 minutes.
                      It was a sloppy game. One thing besides that that stood out was one of their players was making hay from 3 when Tevin was guarding him. TJ switched Flatten onto him and he went away, Tevin was in his face but he isn't as tall and long as Skyler. Maybe it was coincidence? They were hot from 3, so it makes me wonder when we get to Nevada the big guards/forwards/outside shooters they have will be able to shoot over a capable defender like Tevin? I am heading to the game, looking forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                        It was a sloppy game. One thing besides that that stood out was one of their players was making hay from 3 when Tevin was guarding him. TJ switched Flatten onto him and he went away, Tevin was in his face but he isn't as tall and long as Skyler. Maybe it was coincidence? They were hot from 3, so it makes me wonder when we get to Nevada the big guards/forwards/outside shooters they have will be able to shoot over a capable defender like Tevin? I am heading to the game, looking forward to it!
                        I watched Nevada play Arizona State and holy smokes....I can see foul trouble coming.

Comment

Working...
                        X