GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Memphis Fighting Penny Hardaways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Memphis Fighting Penny Hardaways

Ugly game. Really played poorly. Jenkins seemed to be the only one on tonight. Man can that kid hit pressure shots though, my goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

I know we’re supposed to be sobbing about not beating Memphis on their home floor but damn it was fun watching Jenkins down the stretch. Many of those shots were ridiculous.

In spite of all the chaos of the first 30 minutes we were within 6 with :40 to go. It’s both very frustrating and encouraging at the same time. Learn from it and move forward. Now I’ll go mourn about how this loss has already destroyed our hopes in March....

Comment

It wasn’t just 2 or 3 questionable calls, it was 6 or 7 that were wrong.
        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          Ugly game. Really played poorly. Jenkins seemed to be the only one on tonight. Man can that kid hit pressure shots though, my goodness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          They should have bussed Myah over.

Comment

Ugh. That was the least fun I've had watching a basketball game in a while.
            If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
            - Steven Wright

Comment

Yep, he is a gamer, how fun to watch.

Comment

Really gross game to watch. Refs were bad, Jacks were terribly bad separate from the refs, Tigers play an ugly brand of basketball. A big non-conf game that could've been won. Sucks to lose it. We absolutely need more poise when a team wants to play hectic basketball like that. On to the next

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Watch 100 D-I games, in 99 of them at least half of those first half charges are no-calls. Jacks' bad luck that this was the 100th game.
                  I think that's an accurate assessment.
                  I think the Jacks can play very fast but this Memphis team can play right on the the border of fast and out of control. They controlled the tempo and at times it didn't suit us very well.

Tyler said Memphis shot 51%. We shot 45% -- not bad but 51% explains the margin. Tigers +4 in rebounds. The killer: Jacks had 23 turnovers -- Tigers had 17 which stinks too.

DJJ: 35 points. He's the post-game interview with Tyler.

Comment

It was a winnable game. The Jacks weren't over-matched. Memphis stopped Daum, to a large degree, but not Jenkins. The Jacks just needed another serious scoring threat and fewer turnovers. Onward and upward.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

• Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Memphis Fighting Penny Hardaways

Tough game to win on road but we are rated higher in kenpom and other metrics. Ugly game.

Comment

It is amazing that we ended this close considering how out of sorts the Jacks were. That is a very bright side i suppose.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          I think he had coached that recruit previously. And the kid is from Memphis.
                          Penny and miller both had AAU teams in Memphis. Recruiting is all about relationships- my guess is they’ll own that Memphis region.

Comment

Once the game was called fairly, the Jack's went toe for toe with them. It is gonna be a blast watching this team in the conference.

Just beat Nevada next week and all is forgiven.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
                              Ugh. That was the least fun I've had watching a basketball game in a while.

I could post more about this game, but it's pointless. We beat them 8 out of 10 times with normal refs, guaranteed. Hopefully they perform well this year, so this loss doesn't look bad. We've already got a couple in Tulane and FGCU that probably won't look great. Don't need any more. In the grand scheme of things, we'll be fine and should finish ooc play 11-4 (which will be a little disappointing considering the 3 losses we currently have should probably be wins). Then we take care of business in summit league play and roll into the SLT with 4-6 losses (we will probably be favored in every summit league game, so it's not crazy to think we can be anywhere from 28-4 to 26-6 going into the SLT). I'm guessing this still puts us at a 12 seed.

Comment

You can’t adjust to refs calling complete flops. I can’t stand people suggesting “just adjust.” You can’t completely change how you play so you don’t get ridiculous fouls called on you. We beat these guys neutral floor nearly every time. College basketball is really frustrating at times.

Jenkins showed he can have the type of game that carries a team on an ncaa tourney run when you get those neutral floors. Owen King needs some more time to adjust to the speed of the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X