GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Memphis Fighting Penny Hardaways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Memphis Fighting Penny Hardaways

I actually consider that half a win. 5 vs 8 is hard to overcome.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
      16 turnovers in the half, and probably half them were "called" charges. I try not to rag on the officials, but when the refs continuously call flops charges and don't blow the whistle on obvious reach ins, they deserve a shout out.
      Agreed. I'm a volunteer basketball ref myself from time to time, so I try not to get on them too much, and I'll never blame refs for losing a game because ultimately teams need to adjust to the way refs are calling games. However, this is just asinine and deserves to be called out.

Comment

The refs made that half a miserable, unrhythmic circus show. It's not basketball. It's not fun to watch. Don't reward 6'5 230 lbs guys who flop around like Euro soccer players. It's disgusting basketball.

Memphis plays a ragtag, runaround chaotic AAU version of basketball that also was not fun to watch. Didn't help that it sped us up like crazy and that we played into their hands.

We need Owen to keep growing up and settle into a comforting presence at PG. The talent flashes, it just needs to keep getting more consistent. The unforced TO's need to start dwindling away as the season goes on here. He's going to get there.

Wow that half sucked to watch. Let's go win this thing

Comment

Making me question being a college basketball fan. Home coming to this level is unwatchable. Guaranteed they will foul out daum king and Jenkins before this one is over.

Comment

Turnover turnover turnover. I must be the only Jack's fan here

Comment

Originally posted by Grizzled_Jack View Post
              Turnover turnover turnover. I must be the only Jack's fan here
              No, the Jacks need to play better

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                No, the Jacks need to play better
                He's the only Jacks fan at the game.

Comment

We just need to settle down. We fall for their pressure and get sped way up. If we slow down, get good looks, and play solid D, we can get back into it.

Comment

The king turnover could have been a foul. Daum had the ball at the top of the key Nd constantly reaching in and banging into our guys. I will be surprised if the recs let us stay with in 20.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

They are more athletic and are forcing the issue, we need to figure some things out.

Comment

Anyone know where these officials are from?

Comment

Another flop by Memphis. Refs keep falling for it

Comment

We need to slow down and get under control too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Losing these type of games are why we get sent to the slaughter house come march (if we get there). I can't watch the game, only listen, but Memphis gave us every chance to take a good lead/win. Waybe we pull it out, doubt it though.

Comment

The pace of this game is absurd. It’s like a high speed demolition derby. Memphis is certainly better equipped for that kind of frantic mess.

Comment

Working...
                                X