GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Memphis Fighting Penny Hardaways

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Memphis Fighting Penny Hardaways

Sdsu is a 3.5 point dog for this one. Memphis has been struggling and is desperate for a win. Going to be a tough game. Along with Penny Hardaway being the head coach, SD's own Mike Miller is an assistant coach. Let's keep it rolling.

Re: GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits @ Memphis Fighting Penny Hardaways

The Tigers have quite an all-star cast. Sam Mitchell is also an assistant coach. Tony Madlock is a Memphis alum who is an assistant coach too. Do not forget that freshman Jayden Hardaway is the son of Penny. Those who remember the David Wingett of Winnebago,he is a freshman on this team. Penny has a mix of freshmen & 5 Srs leading the way with a junior getting some minutes. The building for the future appears under way. They have had 2 home games which were wins over Yale in 2 OT & Tennessee Tech. They are 1-4 away and neutral. They lost Saturday to Mooney and the Texas Tech team in Miami. This would be a great game for the Jackrabbit mix of seniors, freshman, and sophomore to grab the victory at the FedExForum. Maybe they could get some autographs on the way out! Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
      The Tigers have quite an all-star cast. Sam Mitchell is also an assistant coach. Tony Madlock is a Memphis alum who is an assistant coach too. Do not forget that freshman Jayden Hardaway is the son of Penny. Those who remember the David Wingett of Winnebago,he is a freshman on this team. Penny has a mix of freshmen & 5 Srs leading the way with a junior getting some minutes. The building for the future appears under way. They have had 2 home games which were wins over Yale in 2 OT & Tennessee Tech. They are 1-4 away and neutral. They lost Saturday to Mooney and the Texas Tech team in Miami. This would be a great game for the Jackrabbit mix of seniors, freshman, and sophomore to grab the victory at the FedExForum. Maybe they could get some autographs on the way out! Go Jacks!!
      Penny is also doing a pretty good job recruiting for next year. Might be a good thing we are playing them this year.

I hope that, starting tomorrow, Hardaway has nothing but success at Memphis. I enjoyed watching him play and he seems like a pretty genuine guy.
      -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

One of the few games this year that I'll be attending. First trip to an NBA venue since I saw Pistol Pete at the Omni almost fifty years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
          Penny is also doing a pretty good job recruiting for next year. Might be a good thing we are playing them this year.

I hope that, starting tomorrow, Hardaway has nothing but success at Memphis. I enjoyed watching him play and he seems like a pretty genuine guy.
          I saw that he landed the #1 recruit for 2019. Hardaway does seem like a genuine guy, but I can't be the only one hearing this news and wondering how long it will be before his recruitment is investigated and a violation becomes public. It almost seems inevitable at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            I saw that he landed the #1 recruit for 2019. Hardaway does seem like a genuine guy, but I can't be the only one hearing this news and wondering how long it will be before his recruitment is investigated and a violation becomes public. It almost seems inevitable at this point.
            I think he had coached that recruit previously. And the kid is from Memphis.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
              I think he had coached that recruit previously. And the kid is from Memphis.
              Still... you just don't see that too often. Maybe this really is a unique situation, but you can't blame a guy for being skeptical based on how things have gone.

Comment

I don’t know the kids name - #1 recruit in the country. I don’t follow recruiting at all. I did hear a story the other day about the #1 player in the country signing with Memphis. I guess Penny coached his AAU team. That was the connection.

With multiple trips to the NCAA Tournament I don’t believe our mature players will be star struck tonight. Hopefully our younger players forget who’s on the sidelines and are more concerned with their own play. Should be a fun game. I noticed the Rabbits are a slight dog (3 1/2) on the road.

Go Rabbits!

Comment

Still... you just don't see that too often. Maybe this really is a unique situation, but you can't blame a guy for being skeptical based on how things have gone.
                  Not saying you're wrong either just adding some additional info that might explain why.

Comment

Originally posted by 6-4-3 Jackrabbit View Post
                    I don’t know the kids name - #1 recruit in the country. I don’t follow recruiting at all. I did hear a story the other day about the #1 player in the country signing with Memphis. I guess Penny coached his AAU team. That was the connection.

With multiple trips to the NCAA Tournament I don’t believe our mature players will be star struck tonight. Hopefully our younger players forget who’s on the sidelines and are more concerned with their own play. Should be a fun game. I noticed the Rabbits are a slight dog (3 1/2) on the road.

Go Rabbits!
                    Our guys were either in diapers or not born during Penny's hay day. Might take away from being star struck.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                      Our guys were either in diapers or not born during Penny's hay day. Might take away from being star struck.
                      Penny was kind of a villain in movie Blue Chips.Nick Nolte is was the coach and on the team was Zhack Oniell

Comment

I think for the top 6 or 7 recruits in the country it doesn't really matter where they go to college for half a year.

He is probably the right age to have been a big fan of Derrick Rose and those really good Memphis teams. Maybe bringing that success back to his hometown with a coach he already respects was too big of a draw
                        -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Not letting anyone into the FedEx til 7 cause the game is pushed back til 8?

Comment

Do I see black shorts? I don't believe we've seen black jerseys yet this year, have we?

https://twitter.com/gojacksmbb/statu...038488064?s=21

Comment

Do I see black shorts? I don't believe we've seen black jerseys yet this year, have we?

https://twitter.com/gojacksmbb/statu...038488064?s=21
                              Oh dear....the color debate begins.

Comment

Working...
                              X