2018 Bracketology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2018 Bracketology

Hard to believe, but ESPN updated the bracketology for the NCAA tourney.

As of 12/3 - SDSU as a #9 seed playing #8 West Virginia
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Re: 2018 Bracketology

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Hard to believe, but ESPN updated the bracketology for the NCAA tourney.

As of 12/3 - SDSU as a #9 seed playing #8 West Virginia
    Honestly, this wouldn't surprise me as long as we don't drop any more we should OOC and take care of business in conference with only a couple slip ups. Whether it's right or not, teams build up familiarity seeding points for making it to the tournament year after year. Someone more deserving that hasn't made the tournament in 20 years might be ranked 13th or 14th just because they're new to the dance and unproven. It helps that we have performed pretty well in the matchups we've had, and that we have nationally recognizable star power with Daum.

EDIT - Just realized this was a women's basketball thread. Son of a. Not the first time this has got me, won't be the last.
    Last edited by CappinHard; 12-03-2018, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
      Honestly, this wouldn't surprise me as long as we don't drop any more we should OOC and take care of business in conference with only a couple slip ups. Whether it's right or not, teams build up familiarity seeding points for making it to the tournament year after year. Someone more deserving that hasn't made the tournament in 20 years might be ranked 13th or 14th just because they're new to the dance and unproven. It helps that we have performed pretty well in the matchups we've had, and that we have nationally recognizable star power with Daum.
      Downside is if we advance, next game will be a #1 seed, hard to make the sweet 16.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
        Honestly, this wouldn't surprise me as long as we don't drop any more we should OOC and take care of business in conference with only a couple slip ups. Whether it's right or not, teams build up familiarity seeding points for making it to the tournament year after year. Someone more deserving that hasn't made the tournament in 20 years might be ranked 13th or 14th just because they're new to the dance and unproven.
        I stated before the season started that the women would go undefeated in conference. With the start that USD has had, if they keep that up 3 wins over them would carry a lot of weight. I could see us maybe sneaking up to maybe that #7 line. We need to be rooting for Buffalo, Baylor, and Marquette to have strong years.

Comment

I stated before the season started that the women would go undefeated in conference. With the start that USD has had, if they keep that up 3 wins over them would carry a lot of weight. I could see us maybe sneaking up to maybe that #7 line. We need to be rooting for Buffalo, Baylor, and Marquette to have strong years.
          I was thinking the same thing and I'm pretty sure those 3 teams will keep winning, one upside with a strong schedule is the teams we beat and the ones we lose against can still help our RPI if they keep winning after we've played them. A win against Oregon would virtually guarantee an at-large bid coupled with the Baylor performance, provided we also don't stumble against the others. A Drake loss and any subsequent stumblings might thwart that though, Committee can be pretty fickle at times. But, let's just win the SLT.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
            I was thinking the same thing, one upside with a strong schedule, the teams we beat and the ones we lose against can still help our RPI if they keep winning after we've played them.
            This is the exact reason why I tell my fellow rabbits that we shouldn't be rooting for USD to lose to anyone but us. Plus, it makes those victories so much sweeter to know that they had a great season but couldn't beat us.

This could be the best shot the Summit has to get two women's teams into the tournament.

Comment

This is the exact reason why I tell my fellow rabbits that we shouldn't be rooting for USD to lose to anyone but us. Plus, it makes those victories so much sweeter to know that they had a great season but couldn't beat us.

This could be the best shot the Summit has to get two women's teams into the tournament.
              Yes, I agree, I hope both make the NCAA Tournament and blow up a few brackets.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                Yes, I agree, I hope both make the NCAA Tournament and blow up a few brackets.
                Somewhat ironically, this ESPN bracket has just that happening. It has USD as the #7 auto-bid winner and us as the #9 at-large selection.

Two top-25 teams visit Frost in the next 9 days. This is the time to make it happen.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                  Somewhat ironically, this ESPN bracket has just that happening. It has USD as the #7 auto-bid winner and us as the #9 at-large selection.

Two top-25 teams visit Frost in the next 9 days. This is the time to make it happen.
                  I wonder what the seeds would be if they assumed SDSU as the auto-bid and USD as the at-large? Or maybe a better questions would be, is USD an at-large team at all?

Comment

I wonder what the seeds would be if they assumed SDSU as the auto-bid and USD as the at-large? Or maybe a better questions would be, is USD an at-large team at all?
                    Charlie had me going, until I saw he's picked the Ohio Bobcats winning the MAC auto-bid, no Buffalo or Cent Mich in sight, not going to happen.

Comment

USD already has a P5, top 25 scalp on their belt, and no bad losses that I’m aware of, so hopefully, two Summits go dancing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think they are certainly moving into the discussion.

Just picked up a win against Top 25 Iowa State and have just one loss on the season by 12 points to now-ranked #21 Drake.

Still have a game coming up against #23 Mizzou and B1G Indiana and 5-2 LMU.

If they go into conference play 11-2 and then take care of business in the Summit, I'd think they be in as an at-large.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
                          I think they are certainly moving into the discussion.

Just picked up a win against Top 25 Iowa State and have just one loss on the season by 12 points to now-ranked #21 Drake.

Still have a game coming up against #23 Mizzou and B1G Indiana and 5-2 LMU.

If they go into conference play 11-2 and then take care of business in the Summit, I'd think they be in as an at-large.
                          I think that they have the resume so far to get an at large. However it seems to me that, when it comes to mid-majors, the committee wants to see a history of success.

Comment

Nope....sorry...can't go with you on this one.

Comment

Here is the latest Bracketology projections.

http://www.espn.com/womens-college-b...l/bracketology

Two summit league and a former summit league make the bracket.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Feed the Rabbit!!

Comment

Working...
                              X