Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Quarterfinals @ KSU Owls

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
    I’m nervous for this game just like I get nervous before we play SIU or YSU. I know we should win and really think we have a much better team, I just worry about us laying an egg. Our road playoff history hasn’t been good when it comes to playing well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I would normally be worried, but with a senior QB like TC at the helm, I'm not worried. Now, I said the same thing about a very experienced junior QB in TC last year too going into the JMU game, but I didn't know about the still mysterious hand/wrist injury. As long as there's nothing like that floating around that we don't know about, we're good imo. I see us scoring 45+ like we have for the last 4 games, and 7 out of our 11 games this year. Our defense will give up some points from being on the field for a long time and having lapses against the TO, but there's no way KSU keeps up with our offense. I'm going with a score of 49-28.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
      Could have flown Spirit out of MSP for $241. Left today and come back Sunday morning. I seriously thought about it. Wife ultimately said no. F-ing Dave Ramsey.
      This is what the emergency fund envelope is for Westside

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
        This is what the emergency fund envelope is for Westside
        My thoughts exactly!
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by BigGoosie13 View Post
          Go to Harry's, the owners are big Jacks fans. During Jack's games they do $3 talls and bogo appetizers.
          Sure wish the WBB game at Frost would be a later time in the day. I would come over watch the football game, then head to Frost arena and watch the lady Jacks take it to Drake. My cable provider wont carry ESPN3 so it would give me an excuse to get away. I cant believe the biggest football game and the biggest home WBB game is going to run almost simultaneously.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodakbull View Post
            Sure wish the WBB game at Frost would be a later time in the day. I would come over watch the football game, then head to Frost arena and watch the lady Jacks take it to Drake. My cable provider wont carry ESPN3 so it would give me an excuse to get away. I cant believe the biggest football game and the biggest home WBB game is going to run almost simultaneously.
            Biggest home WBB game? What about Oregon? Drake is a good team, but having the 3rd rank team in the country at Frost is a big deal.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              I would normally be worried, but with a senior QB like TC at the helm, I'm not worried. Now, I said the same thing about a very experienced junior QB in TC last year too going into the JMU game, but I didn't know about the still mysterious hand/wrist injury. As long as there's nothing like that floating around that we don't know about, we're good imo. I see us scoring 45+ like we have for the last 4 games, and 7 out of our 11 games this year. Our defense will give up some points from being on the field for a long time and having lapses against the TO, but there's no way KSU keeps up with our offense. I'm going with a score of 49-28.
              You keep bringing up this hand injury thing. Do you have some inside info that he was actually injured or is it an attempt to make an excuse for how TC played at JMU?

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                Biggest home WBB game? What about Oregon? Drake is a good team, but having the 3rd rank team in the country at Frost is a big deal.
                Forgot about Oregon, but Drake is a big deal too.

Comment

You keep bringing up this hand injury thing. Do you have some inside info that he was actually injured or is it an attempt to make an excuse for how TC played at JMU?
                  I think everyone could see that his hand/wrist was bothering him toward the end of the UNH game, and beyond that there's no way that TC just flat out drops the ball like he did in that game, and performs as bad as he did if he didn't have some sort of injury to his throwing hand/wrist.

Comment

Quarterfinals @ KSU Owls

That overlap with WBB is really unfortunate. I suppose Drake did not care to delay it until evening though. I know I’ll be watching both simultaneously. Whichever is more competitive will end up on the big screen and the other on the iPad. Hopefully it will be a really fun afternoon.

Comment

• Re: Quarterfinals @ KSU Owls

I agree. The Drake game is big. But if I had to pick one of the two to win I'd pick Oregon....lol.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                        My thoughts exactly!
                        Disagree, that fund is reserved for a different football trip to the south. You should've been saving your "blow" (non-Ramsey people look it up, it's not dirty) money for a FB trip to GA.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                          I think everyone could see that his hand/wrist was bothering him toward the end of the UNH game, and beyond that there's no way that TC just flat out drops the ball like he did in that game, and performs as bad as he did if he didn't have some sort of injury to his throwing hand/wrist.
                          So complete speculation on your part then?

TC has small hands and he's dropped balls before. This year he is wearing a glove to help with his grip. It has seemed to help although that's complete speculation on my part.

Saying the only way TC plays that way is because he was injured just isn't true. JMU had an elite pass rush and an elite secondary. They were able to pressure TC and make him uncomfortable. The best QB maybe ever (Tom Brady) when pressured is a different QB. I don't think it's a stretch that TC got a little rattled early and things snowballed and he tried to press which forced more errors.

If he was indeed hurt why wouldn't they come out and say that (after the game) so at least it might explain the performance?

Comment

I agree. The Drake game is big. But if I had to pick one of the two to win I'd pick Oregon....lol.
                            They probably have a better chance with beating Drake but both would be great wins come seeding time. I just hope that Frost can be packed on Saturday and give the team a big emotion boost to take it to Drake. The time it is being played won't improve attendance at Frost, but hope I wont affect it too much.
                            Last edited by Sodakbull; 12-07-2018, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
                              Not sure about the East side, but I know The Gateway on 41st right off of i-29 will have it on. Tons of TVs so I'm sure they will have the NDSU game on at noon as well for those who are interested in keeping tabs on both games. Great food and atmosphere for those of you that have not been there. Should be a good amount of Jacks fans there.
                              FYI - the NDSU games starts at 11AM CST.

Comment

I’ll be at BWWs to watch the first half of the FB game then will watch the 2nd half on my phone in Frost. Huge game for the women, so will try and multitask a bit. Could the men just run up a big halftime lead and let me focus on one thing?!

Comment

Working...
                                X