Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs UNI Panthers @ US Bank Stadium Classic

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
    Pregame story indicates Jacks 1-4 against UNI in D1. Prior win was in '07.
    That sure seems like. Long time ago.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Reading on their boards it’s like losing to us is on par with losing to the school of the blind. Their BB arrogance is on par with NDSU FB arrogance. So good to knock them down a few pegs. Has to concern them that both Dakota schools (especially us) are passing them by in the two big sports.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        Reading on their boards it’s like losing to us is on par with losing to the school of the blind. Their BB arrogance is on par with NDSU FB arrogance. So good to knock them down a few pegs. Has to concern them that both Dakota schools (especially us) are passing them by in the two big sports.
        There are a few who might be sitting in the living room with their 2010 Sweet 16 tees, The one guy even thought Drake(preseason MVC 9th place) was going to be a formidable foe. It is a surprise to find that the MVC would allow 2 teams to play OOC Summit teams. The attendance was less than 4000 and the Panther faithful were the silent majority of attendees. It was fun games in the Final 4 building..
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          There are a few who might be sitting in the living room with their 2010 Sweet 16 tees, The one guy even thought Drake(preseason MVC 9th place) was going to be a formidable foe. It is a surprise to find that the MVC would allow 2 teams to play OOC Summit teams. The attendance was less than 4000 and the Panther faithful were the silent majority of attendees. It was fun games in the Final 4 building..
          They are delusional over there. Living in past glory of their team and conference. A guy behind actually stated in the first half the Panthers were playing 8-5 as refs were so biased! Second half it was more they are so much more athletic and fundamentally sound than us! Hardly a team I like beating more in any sport especially basketball. Their inflated arrogance is laughable! Daum did whatever he wanted and could have scored 50!

Comment

I was hoping that ESPN might find a way to get the replay of the game up, but nothing so far.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              They are delusional over there. Living in past glory of their team and conference. A guy behind actually stated in the first half the Panthers were playing 8-5 as refs were so biased! Second half it was more they are so much more athletic and fundamentally sound than us! Hardly a team I like beating more in any sport especially basketball. Their inflated arrogance is laughable! Daum did whatever he wanted and could have scored 50!
              Okay, I gave in and went to the UNI board. I was expecting worse. Sure, there were a few who want everyone to know they were deeply insulted by losing to SDSU. One wrote that UNI has better recruits but got outcoached. (Aren't those coaches the same guys who did the recruiting? Somebody give that guy a shake -- he's got some loose wires in his head.)

Going into that game, knowledgeable UNI fans and certainly the UNI coaches, had to know that Daum and Co. were fully capable of ripping the Panthers a new one.

SDSU v UNI 10 times, odds are strong we win nine and maybe all 10.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
                Okay, I gave in and went to the UNI board. I was expecting worse. Sure, there were a few who want everyone to know they were deeply insulted by losing to SDSU. One wrote that UNI has better recruits but got outcoached. (Aren't those coaches the same guys who did the recruiting? Somebody give that guy a shake -- he's got some loose wires in his head.)

Going into that game, knowledgeable UNI fans and certainly the UNI coaches, had to know that Daum and Co. were fully capable of ripping the Panthers a new one.

Between the FBS playoffs and the SDSU game, yesterday was not a good day for the Panther Nation.
                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

That board is very pathetic. My gauge was more of what I heard at the game from arrogant UNI fans. They were shocked at what they saw.

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    Between the FBS playoffs and the SDSU game, yesterday was not a good day for the Panther Nation.
                    I alluded to the fact that I once dated a UNI alum on another thread. Anyway, she tried to insult my team allegiances because she apparently believes Panthers are somehow more fierce than Jackrabbits (sometimes referred to as long-eared lions of the prairie).

Anyway, I did some research on how others viewed UNI following her attempt to dissuade me from backing the Jacks and found this gem with a UNI insult I'll likely never forget ("... the University of Northern Iowa, a defunct feedbag factory refurbished to work as a diploma mill.").
                    Last edited by jakejc795; 12-02-2018, 09:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                      I was hoping that ESPN might find a way to get the replay of the game up, but nothing so far.
                      Well, what do you know. Finally the game showed up on the ESPN+ replay

Comment

I have to confess you won the game because we all know TJ can’t coach a lick.

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                          He may need to get in line behind Jacobson if I read the UNI board correctly. Currently Jacobson is the worst coach in the country and to add insult to injury, he lost to a Summit League team. Not to remind them of last week, Craig Smith coached a team that defeated the Panthers. There might be some concern for the Panther Nation to be on a self harm watch. The 2 losses in Florida last month created some of the same symptoms for Jackrabbits.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by yoteforever View Post
                            TJ is a great coach, recruiter, family guy, and well deserving of the honor of having the Applebee’s Oztelburgers named after him.

Comment

TJ is a great coach, recruiter, family guy, and well deserving of the honor of having the Applebee’s Oztelburgers named after him.
                              LOL! Must spread rep points.

Went to the game. We looked really good. Loved how we shot the ball in what had to be a weird environment for a game. That is such a massive facility. Sounds like the floor for the Final Four will be put in the middle of the football field. IMHO that means there isn't a good seat in the house unless you can be courtside. It worked to have it on the East end Saturday night but it was still a huge facility.

The young guys are really coming along. We should all be very excited for the rest of this year and the future.

SUPERBUNNY
                              MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SUPERBUNNY View Post
                                LOL! Must spread rep points.

Went to the game. We looked really good. Loved how we shot the ball in what had to be a weird environment for a game. That is such a massive facility. Sounds like the floor for the Final Four will be put in the middle of the football field. IMHO that means there isn't a good seat in the house unless you can be courtside. It worked to have it on the East end Saturday night but it was still a huge facility.

The young guys are really coming along. We should all be very excited for the rest of this year and the future.

SUPERBUNNY
                                I'm looking forward to trying the Triple Bacon Otzelburger. I understand that's the Otzelberger of the Month for December.
                                "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Working...
                                X