Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Duquesne Dukes (playoffs)

Originally posted by JacksBacker View Post
    Great win tonight, loved how the D played. To me they seemed to get back to the fundamentals and wrapped up and tackled very well, which is what you need to do to be a championship defense. As for next week, the Jacks have their hands full, idk if a lot of people realize how good of a team Kennesaw St. Really is, and looking into our past, our teams have been less than successful slowing down the option. This Jacks defense showed up today but they have another massive obsicle in their way next Saturday. I'm not concerned one bit about the offense they will put up their points, it's going to be up to the scheme and the defensive execution to get a win next week. All that said, I believe that we have the coaches and players to do just that. Can't wait for next Saturday.
    Eh, I’m not so sure about how good Kennesaw is. They’re not a bad team obviously, but I’m not sure they’re any better than a UNI. Look at their last two games against good, but not great opposition. A JSU team that, having watched them a couple times, would have finished behind UNI in the Valley IMO, took them to 5 OTs. Then a Wofford team that had a 3 way tie in the SoCon had to make a massive error for KSU to win in regulation. The SoCons best OOC win didn’t happen until Wofford played an Elon team that was decimated by injuries in the playoffs. KSU is a good team but I wouldn’t put them in the same class as a EWU, Weber, or a NDSU (obviously). As long as we come in with a better option game plan I like our chances. Playing in Atlanta will probably be a boost for our passing game tbh.

As far as losing Wes goes, it really sucks. Center is the qb of the o line. Fortunately we’ve already got a decent amount of experience playing without him, but it certainly won’t help not having him. KSUs defense has done well against one dimensional offenses, we will need the o line to play well to be able to keep ourselves two dimensional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

• Re: GDT: Duquesne Dukes (playoffs)

Great win tonight, loved how the D played. To me they seemed to get back to the fundamentals and wrapped up and tackled very well, which is what you need to do to be a championship defense. As for next week, the Jacks have their hands full, idk if a lot of people realize how good of a team Kennesaw St. Really is, and looking into our past, our teams have been less than successful slowing down the option. This Jacks defense showed up today but they have another massive obsicle in their way next Saturday. I'm not concerned one bit about the offense they will put up their points, it's going to be up to the scheme and the defensive execution to get a win next week. All that said, I believe that we have the coaches and players to do just that. Can't wait for next Saturday.
      It was great sitting in the stands and seeing the Jacks consistently gang tackle.

Don't think I'm as leery of KSU, but I agree they can't be overlooked.

Also can't wait for Sat., and I hope any subsequent game the Jacks have is scheduled for Sat. too so I don't have to miss watching due to work.

Comment

Yeah, KSU is a solid top 15 team, but I don't believe they are elite. I am getting concerned about the conditions down there next weekend though. Supposed to be wet and rainy, which might hamper our passing game quite a bit. Also, I think not having Gennant in the line up will probably not be a huge deal this weekend, but could be a trouble the following week. Thankfully, we do have a little depth there since he missed 2 or 3 games earlier, but it still isn't ideal. Not sure what type of D line KSU has, but I wasn't impressed by either them or Wofford yesterday. Neither team can throw it to save their life, and both seemed pretty inept at moving the ball more than 4 yards downfield.

The line about our "past struggles" against the option are probably a little reactionary and unfair. We had a terrible game against Cal Poly in 2016. But we also had a pretty good game against them in 2014. Other than that, we haven't played a true triple option team too many times this decade. Teams such as Montana State, MSU, and USD run quite a bit of option concepts (primarily out of the gun) and we seemed to handle that pretty well. My biggest concern for KSU is the Jacks losing contain and giving up large runs outside. The difference between this year's D and the 2016 team is that we have better speed to stretch those plays out and shut them down now.

Comment

Originally posted by JackJD View Post
          In the post-game show, it was mentioned Genant's arm was in a sling. Can't tell exactly what that indicates but, as noted by Gopherhole, Stig said Genant was doubtful for next week.
          Believe Jordan Brown was also injured on TD-saving tackle, but he went back into game later. I didn't recall Stig mentioning that in postgame interview. Any word on the nature of his injury?

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            Eh, I’m not so sure about how good Kennesaw is. They’re not a bad team obviously, but I’m not sure they’re any better than a UNI. Look at their last two games against good, but not great opposition. A JSU team that, having watched them a couple times, would have finished behind UNI in the Valley IMO, took them to 5 OTs. Then a Wofford team that had a 3 way tie in the SoCon had to make a massive error for KSU to win in regulation. The SoCons best OOC win didn’t happen until Wofford played an Elon team that was decimated by injuries in the playoffs. KSU is a good team but I wouldn’t put them in the same class as a EWU, Weber, or a NDSU (obviously). As long as we come in with a better option game plan I like our chances. Playing in Atlanta will probably be a boost for our passing game tbh.

As far as losing Wes goes, it really sucks. Center is the qb of the o line. Fortunately we’ve already got a decent amount of experience playing without him, but it certainly won’t help not having him. KSUs defense has done well against one dimensional offenses, we will need the o line to play well to be able to keep ourselves two dimensional.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Looking at some of the posts about KSU, it seems my worries may be a bit overstated. Maybe I just have too many Cal Poly memories in my head from 2 years ago.

Comment

Looking at some of the posts about KSU, it seems my worries may be a bit overstated. Maybe I just have too many Cal Poly memories in my head from 2 years ago.
              I think that KSU is better than many on here think. While I believe that SDSU will win, if the defense doesn't stay disciplined the game could be much closer than we are expecting. I think the key will be executing on offense. TC and the guys need to make sure they hold onto the ball and take advantage of any KSU miscues. If the Jacks can get out to a quick start then it negate a little of the triple option.

I think that our corners will be able to stay with their WRs without a lot of help, so that should help us walk guys up to stop the run.
              -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                I have a prediction, we will never see CJ again. Feel free to jump up and down my arse. Just saying.
                Not jumping down your a$$ but remembered this post when I saw the 2020 depth chart today. I for one am really looking forward to seeing both CJ and Pierre in our backfield.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...367991814?s=09

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  Not jumping down your a$$ but remembered this post when I saw the 2020 depth chart today. I for one am really looking forward to seeing both CJ and Pierre in our backfield.

https://twitter.com/argusmattz/statu...367991814?s=09
                  #oldtakesexposed

Comment

Working...
                  X