Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Duquesne Dukes (playoffs)

Originally posted by Hareofthedog View Post
    No surprise today with the results of the SDSU or NDSU game, blowouts. Next week should produce the same results again for both teams. The Owls will be out of the game quickly and Colgate has zero chance. Big game then.....
    I don't know about that at all. While I think SDSU is better than KSU, I'm not sure if I'd be ready to call a blow out. They're the type of team that SDSU struggles with if they don't get up early on them. The way they control the ball, we will have limited chances to score next week unless we force lots of 3 and outs. A six or seven play drive for the owls is still damaging to us, even if it doesnt end with points. They will run off quite a bit of clock time just by moving the chains a couple of times.

With that being said, I think our D can shut them down and get off the field, giving us more opportunities to score. I don't see this game going like the 2016 Poly game. And I also think that if the Jacks go up 3 scores on KSU, it'll be over because that owls aren't built to come from behind. Bit I'd pump the breaks on predicting blowouts.

NDSU - Colgate should be a bison victory, but I would expect it to be a 24-7 type game. 'gate plays pretty sound D, and that might be enough to hold them within a couple scores for most of that game.

Comment

Originally posted by JackFan96 View Post
      Can we agree that Pappi Istache is a pretty great name? Was really hoping for a home game next week. Dang. At least, assuming we hang on, we'll have good weather next year.

Still really impressed with how loud the proud-but-few Jacks fans are today.
      I credit slosho, he figured out a noisy trick.
      Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
      Game was a blast.

Snow games remain my favorite thing ever. Followed closely by meeting and belly bumping our very own Slosho after a Jackrabbit TD.
      Snow games will forever be my favorite!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Genant went down on the field and then an ESPN camera man was having a medical issue on the sideline.
        Looks like Genant’s injury will have some impact next week. Per Zimmer tweet,

John Stiegelmeier said center Wes Genant is doubtful for next week. Jack Domandle likely to get the start against Kennesaw State.

Comment

Jacks play at 1pm CDT next Saturday at KSU

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
            I have a prediction, we will never see CJ again. Feel free to jump up and down my arse. Just saying.
            This year or forever?
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

ESPN has the clip of Mickey D hurdling #14 on Duquesne: http://www.espn.com/college-football/team/_/id/2571

I note the ESPN headline shorts Duquesne one point: "South Dakota State pounds Duquense 51-5 in FCS Playoffs".

i don't know if that's one of the Top 10 plays of the day.

Comment

I have a prediction, we will never see CJ again. Feel free to jump up and down my arse. Just saying.
                I have a better prediction: CJ will be around here longer than you. Don't start unsubstantiated rumors about players. Period.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                  This year or forever?
                  Was he sitting with Key and Carter at that BB game ?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                    Was he sitting with Key and Carter at that BB game ?
                    I appreciate the humor...but let's just stay out of the rumor business and not encourage those who want to wallow in spreading rumors (not referring to rabbit obsessed or bigticket).

Comment

• Re: GDT: Duquesne Dukes (playoffs)

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
                      Looks like Genant’s injury will have some impact next week. Per Zimmer tweet,

John Stiegelmeier said center Wes Genant is doubtful for next week. Jack Domandle likely to get the start against Kennesaw State.
                      Smh last time he went down the offensive line turned to ****

Comment

In the post-game show, it was mentioned Genant's arm was in a sling. Can't tell exactly what that indicates but, as noted by Gopherhole, Stig said Genant was doubtful for next week.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinJackrabbit View Post
                          Smh last time he went down the offensive line turned to ****
                          If I remember correctly, two other OL starters also went down that same week.

Comment

You're the worst.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                              If I remember correctly, two other OL starters also went down that same week.
                              good point

Comment

Great win tonight, loved how the D played. To me they seemed to get back to the fundamentals and wrapped up and tackled very well, which is what you need to do to be a championship defense. As for next week, the Jacks have their hands full, idk if a lot of people realize how good of a team Kennesaw St. Really is, and looking into our past, our teams have been less than successful slowing down the option. This Jacks defense showed up today but they have another massive obsicle in their way next Saturday. I'm not concerned one bit about the offense they will put up their points, it's going to be up to the scheme and the defensive execution to get a win next week. All that said, I believe that we have the coaches and players to do just that. Can't wait for next Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X