Playoffs: Duquesne Dukes at The Dykhouse

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs: Duquesne Dukes at The Dykhouse

Any word on some of the injuries and or returns. Seven,CJ?
    Go Big Go Blue ..... Go Jacks

Comment

Originally posted by Gojacks2487 View Post
      also Kunz as well? He was injured in the Yotes game.
      LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Ksfy did a short piece on the 6 o'clock news last week about the Jacks football team making the playoffs. In it they said CJ is out for the year, but that is the first and only time I have heard it , so not sure.

Comment

Originally posted by He hate me View Post
          Ksfy did a short piece on the 6 o'clock news last week about the Jacks football team making the playoffs. In it they said CJ is out for the year, but that is the first and only time I have heard it , so not sure.
          I think they got CJ mixed up with Isaac Wallace.
          “That mixed in with senior star running back C.J. Wilson having a season ending injury in October...”
          https://www.ksfy.com/content/sports/...500890752.html

Comment

I am going to the football game on Saturday, but would really like to go to the basketball game in US Bank Stadium. To see the Jacks play in a place like that is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I don't blame people for choosing that over the football game. I understand it's the postseason and could potentially be the last time we see such players as Taryn play in Brookings, but seeing the Jacks play on the same stage as this season's National Championship game is something that may never happen again.
            Rollin' in my 5.0
            With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
            Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Kunz, Seven, and Eddie will dress. Up in the air how much they will play. Might be best to just rest them and play only if needed but it would also be nice to brush off the rust. I'm pretty surprised that Seven will return as that looked pretty bad.

CJ is 50/50. He's finally running. At this point I think we'd have to be a bit concerned about conditioning. However, he's probably only looking at 5-8 carries a game anyways so it might be okay.

Overall, this is the healthiest the team has been since camp. Snyder and the LB's have adjusted to playing hurt. Wide receivers and offensive line is about as healthy as a group can be at this point in the season.
              Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Can. Not. Wait. for the the feetsball game on Saturday.

Personally, and selfishly, I hope the forecasted 3-5" of snow holds, as there is pretty much nothing better than Jackrabbit football in the snow. It really limits the crowd, the but ones that do come, are several times louder in efforts to make up the difference.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                  Kunz, Seven, and Eddie will dress. Up in the air how much they will play. Might be best to just rest them and play only if needed but it would also be nice to brush off the rust. I'm pretty surprised that Seven will return as that looked pretty bad.

CJ is 50/50. He's finally running. At this point I think we'd have to be a bit concerned about conditioning. However, he's probably only looking at 5-8 carries a game anyways so it might be okay.

Overall, this is the healthiest the team has been since camp. Snyder and the LB's have adjusted to playing hurt. Wide receivers and offensive line is about as healthy as a group can be at this point in the season.
                  That's great news! I really think we need CJ healthy as an insurance policy for if Mikey or Strong go down. Injuries will occur in the playoffs and feel pretty good about the depth of this team.

Comment

Thanks for the update on the health of our Rabbits! That is good news.

I hate overlooking an opponent and I'm sure the staff hasn't either. In looking back at Duquesne's victory over Towson, the upset is not as surprising as I originally thought. The weather was not ideal for a passing game and Towson needs a good passing game to be successful. Towson's rushing defense was the worst in the CAA, giving up 178.6 yards per contest and the Dukes excel at running the football.

The Dukes run game can work in cold weather, with their biggest weakness is holding on to the ball. As stated in my first post, AJ Hines is legit despite his futility last year in Brookings. He's had three 1,000+ rushing seasons and still has his senior campaign in 2019. He originally committed to the Richmond Spiders as a 220 lb. back out of North Carolina, where he was first team all-state at a high school with 1,500 enrollment. He runs behind a line that features two repeat all-NEC linemen on the left side and a group of six that have collectively started over 135 games. While not mammoth in size, they've worked as a unit very well and everyone has experience. They are all about the same size at 6'4" 300 lbs., with the exception being a 6'5" 275 lbs. senior right guard.

I'm sure Jordan Brown will be matched up a fair amount against Nehari Crawford, their biggest receiving threat. If we keep them one dimensional in the run game and keep our front seven fresh, we all know we should make this an uneventful game. Add in the Snyder factor, shutting down Hines is a reasonable goal. Finally, if we get up quickly by three scores, I'm hoping we can change their game plan.

We've seen games where our D can shut down running games. We've also seen days where it hasn't. I'm hoping our biggest complaint come Sunday is that we didn't have more than 5,000 fans in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by THE PRIDE IS BACK!!! View Post
                      I am going to the football game on Saturday, but would really like to go to the basketball game in US Bank Stadium. To see the Jacks play in a place like that is a once in a lifetime opportunity, and I don't blame people for choosing that over the football game. I understand it's the postseason and could potentially be the last time we see such players as Taryn play in Brookings, but seeing the Jacks play on the same stage as this season's National Championship game is something that may never happen again.
                      This. Exactly why I'm going.

Comment

Wish I could be in two places at once Saturday but have basketball tickets and live closer to Minneapolis. For those who will be in the area, the Alumni Assoc. is having a football watch party at Darby’s in downtown Minneapolis on Saturday before the basketball game.

Comment

One of the biggest complaints about attending games is the price. What's the price of watching a game in Minneapolis? What's the price of watching Taryn, Jordan, and Tiano play in their last home game, PRICELESS! Rain, Sleet, or Snow. Be there to support and cheer on the Rabbits. They have brought the community a lot of great memories and press. Pay them back with our support!

Comment

Originally posted by NCCDays View Post
                            One of the biggest complaints about attending games is the price. What's the price of watching a game in Minneapolis? What's the price of watching Taryn, Jordan, and Tiano play in their last home game, PRICELESS! Rain, Sleet, or Snow. Be there to support and cheer on the Rabbits. They have brought the community a lot of great memories and press. Pay them back with our support!
                            The problem is the MPLS game has much more going for it than the football game does:

1) Unique Event Location
                            2) Recognizable Regional Opponent
                            3) Better Competition (Looking at last year's result against the Dukes)
                            4) Indoor venue at the end of November

At some point we just have to realize that a big basketball event will almost always trump a big football event.
                            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by NCCDays View Post
                              I've paid full price for the playoff tickets because I view it as one way to help Jacks recoup possible losses incurred during bid process. I realize that wasn't an issue past couple years, but I also like the seat location and don't have issue paying for a good seat in playoffs (not that I'd object to paying slightly less for same seat, were that an option).

The main reason I mention price is curiosity about the impact it would have on enticing casual fans and/or those with families. I've admitted I'm pretty much there regardless (at least partially for reasons you alluded to).

Can't wait for Saturday. Just hoping weather isn't so bad they shut down I-29.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                The problem is the MPLS game has much more going for it than the football game does:

1) Unique Event Location
                                2) Recognizable Regional Opponent
                                3) Better Competition (Looking at last year's result against the Dukes)
                                4) Indoor venue at the end of November

At some point we just have to realize that a big basketball event will almost always trump a big football event.
                                There's one big difference for me. Take away the novelty of the venue, and it's just another non-conference basketball game. While the football game is an elimination game that needs to be won if the dream of a trip to Frisco is going to be achieved. Plus what could be the last home game for a great senior class.

Comment

Working...
                                X