GDT:Jackrabbits vs Bulls @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:Jackrabbits vs Bulls @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

Jackrabbits need to move to the next game in less than 24 hours and prepare for the somewhat smaller Buffalo Bulls. The Bulls have one of those Wade Trophy types in Cierra Dillard who happens to have a habit of scoring 30+ points lately. She also picks up about 5 assists per contest as well. She looks like a chunky 5'9" guard who is actually a very strong athletic and smart player. Currently the other Bull who was chosen to be with her on the preseason MAC team is on academic leave for the rest of this semester. 6'1" Wilkins is doing a great job stepping forward for the Bulls. There are some spot players who are 6'2: & 6'3" who can create some problems, but the starters provide the points and rebounds and minutes. This could be another MAC game that goes well for the Jackrabbits on a neutral court. The Jackrabbits should rebound from the Baylor loss with another good defensive game to stop the Bulls. They will rebound better and shoot better than 33%. Go Jacks!!

https://livestream.com/accounts/13124053/events/8446036

https://gojacks.com/watch/?Live=2591&type=Live
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

GDT:Jackrabbits vs Bulls @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

This is a big test. Post-Baylor letdown or post-Baylor inspiration? Buffalo is definitely a quality team. This is a resume building opportunity that we need to take advantage of.

Jacks start off with a nice 7-2 lead.

Comment

Re: GDT:Jackrabbits vs Bulls @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

Definitely in “letdown” territory after one quarter. Shots are not falling. Much more frustrating, the defensive intensity from last night is very much MIA.

Comment

Down 20-13 after 1st.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

We are playing about as well as my stream is working......not very well.

Comment

We looked slow and no effort on the rebounds from the bit I was able to watch. Sure felt like this team should have more offense then it has shown.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Could've just as easily won both on this trip, instead we drop them both. Get back home and regroup before another big one next week

Comment

Terrible offensive execution by the Jacks in the last minute and a half, even after timeouts. Miller did not have a good game offensively.

Comment

Bad trip to Vegas, 6 pt losses to Baylor and Buffalo

Comment

Our offense is not good right now. Dribble in the lane try and make a bounce pass at somebody's feet,hesitate.... Just looks like we are over passing or unsure of ourselves. Very little flow to anything. Hope they get it figured out soon!

Comment

Sure looked like we couldn't figure out how to beat a zone. We would drive middle of it then bad pass in to the middle of the zone. That's like the worst way to attack a zone.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

When seniors Miller and Guebert combine for a dismal 11 of 42 from the floor it isn't a recipe for success. Better days are ahead.

Comment

3-3 right now. Doesnt look good but with the schedule we have played, its not really that bad. And it only gets tougher except we will be at home against 3 good teams. #1 Drake, #6 Green Bay in the mid major poll. And #3 in the country, Oregon. Drake beat South Carolina last night. I believe they were ranked 14th. We have a road game at Chattanooga in there too. Id be happy with 3-1 in the next 4 games. If we can compete with Baylor on a neutral court, we should be able to stay with Oregon in Frost.

Comment

I was going to say the same thing about the schedule, we can expect a few games that aren't our best, with this schedule, they'll probably be losses. I'm not too distraught about it, realizing this group has more good games than not. Let's get back on the right track and give UWGB double toothpicks, they just beat Missouri, also a ranked team, so plenty of chances left for redemption.

I admit, I wanted the Jacks to win every game against our peers, but that's even pretty hard to do, but we are doing pretty well so far, wins against FGCU and especially CMU on the road, + win against good Big East team Creighton, just the one "peer" loss to Buffalo. Marquette we weren't ready, played good against Baylor. Not too bad so far, every game we had a tough opponent.
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-25-2018, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                              3-3 right now. Doesnt look good but with the schedule we have played, its not really that bad. And it only gets tougher except we will be at home against 3 good teams. #1 Drake, #6 Green Bay in the mid major poll. And #3 in the country, Oregon. Drake beat South Carolina last night. I believe they were ranked 14th. We have a road game at Chattanooga in there too. Id be happy with 3-1 in the next 4 games. If we can compete with Baylor on a neutral court, we should be able to stay with Oregon in Frost.
                              I'd like to see Ms Triple double herself, Sabrina Ionescu play, very heralded, just to see if we can keep her from getting another one.

Comment

Working...
                              X