No announcement yet.

GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Baylor Bears @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Baylor Bears @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

Had some great looks that we didn’t knock down. Need girls to hit those shots when they are wide open. Oh well, on to Buffalo.

Bench was 2-13. That’s not going to get it done.

Comment

Baylor won't want a rematch if we make the Dance, I think! Baylor way under their seasons average on just about all their seasons stats.

We've come a long ways, Marquette was kind of embarrassing, Baylor, a much better team, was a hard fought loss where we had a chance to win , at times , until the very end of the game.
      Last edited by jackdaniel; 11-23-2018, 11:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
        How do you figger that?
        So many missed opportunities....

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
        Had some great looks that we didn’t knock down. Need girls to hit those shots when they are wide open. Oh well, on to Buffalo.
        Originally posted by Southeast View Post
        It hurts to think about those easy shots we missed in the first half.
        Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
        There was a few minute stretch in the game they had a chance to open it up. They couldn't do it.....
        Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
        need them offensive rebounds
        Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
        I figure SDSU has left 8 points out there on missed bunnies...Would be nice to have those 8 pts.
        "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

We all get so high then so low....remember the Marquette thread? Or the men's bb threads....first we were the next Gonzaga then Otz can't coach and on and on....The women played a great game against a much more talented team. They out shot us,out rebounded us and shot more free throws than us. Defense was never a worry of mine it was offense. I don't think we could ask the women to play any better defense against them for a full game than what they did tonite but you still have to out score them. Buffalo will be a tough game tomorrow as I hope we have enough gas left in the tank. Once again it was a great game and good experience for later down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
            We all get so high then so low....remember the Marquette thread? Or the men's bb threads....first we were the next Gonzaga then Otz can't coach and on and on....The women played a great game against a much more talented team. They out shot us,out rebounded us and shot more free throws than us. Defense was never a worry of mine it was offense. I don't think we could ask the women to play any better defense against them for a full game than what they did tonite but you still have to out score them. Buffalo will be a tough game tomorrow as I hope we have enough gas left in the tank. Once again it was a great game and good experience for later down the road.
            We just held the #4 team in the country to 20 points below their season average. The only team that held them to less was #19 Arizona State, who only scored 59 against them. This was a heck of a showing especially considering it was on the road.
            -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/user/sdsuathletics

Highlight film will illustrate some of the size Baylor brings. Cox #15 and Brown #21 are not the only size, but they are the ones who overshadow. Cox is very quick and agile and a great shot.
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

We had the great fortune of playing Baylor in a neutral location. Therefore neither team had a home-field advantage. Their height is what basically won the game for them. But the jackrabbits defense against a much taller team was really phenomenal. If we could’ve had a few more threes, at the normal 40% 3’s rate, we would’ve probably gotten the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                X