GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Baylor Bears @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Baylor Bears @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

Last week 6'7" Kalani Brown missed the first game in 113 games when Baylor defeated Southern 94-49. The preseason All American will join fellow preseason All American Lauren Cox(6'4") when the game tips in Vegas. The light sprain caused Brown to take a rest. It might also be noted that the Bears have won 25 straight regular season tournament games since November 2012. Baylor will also feature point guard LSU transfer Chloe Jackson who was 2nd team SEC last year. As we wonder why Baylor would need to show up for the game, we might also think about stopping their winning streak for this type of tournament game. It will take a huge defensive effort to make this game tip to the Jackrabbits. It will be the highest rated team we have played since Louisville at Frost last year. It would be great if Kim Mulkey would start taking off her clothes in Vegas which would be a barometer of the Jackrabbits playing a great game. Go Jacks!!

https://livestream.com/accounts/13124053/events/8446036 might be a link to watch
    WNAX for radio (can be linked from gojacks.com or WNAX website)
    Take a nap since it is a 9:30pm game

https://twitter.com/GoJacksWBB?ref_s...Ctwgr%5Eauthor
    Last edited by OldHare; 11-23-2018, 11:49 AM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Baylor Bears @ South Point Thanksgiving Shootout

Go jacks!

Comment

It looks like video is available for free tonight. Now if I can just stay awake.

I suppose it’s pretty simple, everything has to go REALLY well for the Jacks if this is going to be a decent game. We’ve seen it happen against other elite teams (Baylor in 2009, Stanford in 2016 and last year against Louisville come to mind). This is not SDSU’s first rodeo. Hang on and see what happens.

Comment

I will be in bed. Have to get up at 4am for work. Hope to keep it close. And im not sure what close is. Stay within 15?

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
          I will be in bed. Have to get up at 4am for work. Hope to keep it close. And im not sure what close is. Stay within 15?
          "Close" for me would be whatever margin ensures Mulkey keeps whatever clothes OH was referring to on her bod while resulting in an epically stunning victory for the Jacks in the waning seconds

Comment

I want a win. SDSU OWES Baylor a stick or two in the basketball ribs due to the history over the years--women and men.
            "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
              "Close" for me would be whatever margin ensures Mulkey keeps whatever clothes OH was referring to on her bod while resulting in an epically stunning victory for the Jacks in the waning seconds
              If the jacks are even remotely close to having a chance to win there will definitely be clothes being thrown.

Comment

It will be interesting to see how we deal with , not one, but two 6'4" or above All-Americans, that's a significant challenge. Kallani Brown at 6"7" , if she gets the ball within 4 or 5 feet from the bucket, it's automatic, we have no one to contest her shot, we can get the rebound though, but she doesn't miss too many at that range. We have to move them around to create driving lanes to the bucket, if we do that, and can score some inside, big plus, if they start packing it in ,we are normally good enough perimeter shooters to make the game very interesting. We can't afford to throw the ball away too many times , losing the possession without even getting a shot. Have to run down some rebounds, generally play about as mistake free as we can, but this game isn't impossible to win , but we have to play really well.This won't hurt our RPI a whole lot if we lose to them,as long as it's reasonably close.The one against Buffalo is the one we really want, but I'd take both.Go Jacks!

Comment

Watched the end of the Buffalo Georgetown game and Buffalo is no push over. Very athletic and good size. Video is good but they must look long and hard to find the most drab unappealing gyms in town to play these games at.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                    Watched the end of the Buffalo Georgetown game and Buffalo is no push over. Very athletic and good size. Video is good but they must look long and hard to find the most drab unappealing gyms in town to play these games at.
                    Agree, not a basketball only venue, so it is really drab, dreary looking, don't see any fans in the stands, maybe one or two rows at the top.I see they have a chat area at the right of the screen (just noticed during Buffalo vs Georgetown game), wonder how that works?

Comment

Seriously it's kinda a shame. There has to be high school gyms a 100 times nicer in the area they could use. Friday nite in Vegas I'm sure there is nothing else going on in that town people would rather go to. The games they play in the afternoon where they bring the kindergarten classes to atleast have a little noise rather than a bouncing ball.

Comment

https://goo.gl/images/A4sdvz
                        LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

LET'S TAKE A TRIP TO BIRDLAND! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68-6O2mJhMw

Comment

Originally posted by 2002jack View Post
                            It sure didn't look like that! Why do they make the 10 fans that are there sit way up there?

Comment

Well...gotta make the open bunnies or this is gonna get ugly fast.
                              "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Working...
                              X