GDT: Jackrabbits vs Roadrunners @ Gulf Coast Showcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT: Jackrabbits vs Roadrunners @ Gulf Coast Showcase

We might score 110 points if we keep our foot on the gas. Daum has 39.

Jacks lead 89-65

67% shooting

Comment

Flatten 6-6 from 3, 27 pts., according to the ESPN app.
      @JacksFanInNeb

I've always believed that if someone wants to run a country, he should know how to run a tractor first.
      --Steve Hartman, CBS Sunday

Comment

99-79 is the final.

UTSA has losses to Oklahoma and Oklahoma St by 20 and 22 respectively. I think we'll be ok.

Comment

This one was worth the $$$ to see. There was Flatten crushing his career high, going 6-6 on threes and scoring 28. Owen King had a few more “wow!” plays, creating some nice shots for both himself and others. Then there was the Daum show, getting the big one (all time leading scorer), putting up 41 points, and already setting the tournament record for scoring in just two games. Beau Brown was even out there for the last minute. BAD!

Comment

Couldn't break 100? Chalk up another failure to the lack of culture we have due to TJ.
            Originally posted by JackFan96
            Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Look at this picture. If freaking sickens me that TJ's coaching has lead to a situation where players will openly gang up on and physically assault another player. We really need to start questioning the things that we're seeing people.

Originally posted by JackFan96
              Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                Couldn't break 100? Chalk up another failure to the lack of culture we have due to TJ.
                Terrible culture - I would much rather have a coach who let's his players run the program and dictate their own playing time. SMH.....

Comment

Crappin early games...like yesterday, I forgot about this one too. Coach must've been sick and stayed at the hotel for the game.
                  "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

I'm sure Flatten has improved his game solely on his own. TJ or any of the assistants that he brought in I'm sure have nothing to do with it. He's twice the player he was before TJ arrived.

Comment

I think this comes back to the old saying that you aren’t as good as you think you are when you win and you’re not as bad as you think you are when you lose.

I think we set expectations really high this year, but we are going to need quality play from some guys with no experience. It’s going to take then some time for them to settle in. By conference time I expect us to be a much deeper and better team.

Sure is nice to see Flatten have a game. Been waiting for him to take that next step towards more of an elite player. He has it in him, just hasn’t always had that scoring mentality. Hopefully this is part of his maturation.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                        I'm sure Flatten has improved his game solely on his own. TJ or any of the assistants that he brought in I'm sure have nothing to do with it. He's twice the player he was before TJ arrived.
                        Flatten played great and has been a great asset. That’s the best thing about freshman they eventually become seniors. Coaching staff had to play some sort of a role in development along with maturing on flattens part.

sky isn’t falling but there is no doubt those two losses hurt us come March. I’d agree with the poster that said TJ isn’t a great defensive coach because he isn’t, that’s obvious. Stats and data back that up, but he has done a great job on the offensive end which is backed up by stats and data. TJ has done well so far by only making the tournament back to back years. I believe his jacks tenure will be fully dictated these upcoming years when none of nagys guys are still around. TJ has hit on jenkins as he is a beast but so far the rest is up for debate.

my guess is otz is gone after this year.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                          my guess is otz is gone after this year.
                          Meh... I know what you're getting at with all the seniors leaving, but with Jenkins here for 2 more years and Grill coming in, I wouldn't bet on him leaving. At this time he might be able to make a lateral move for a little more money, but unless we go on a deep run in the tournament, I don't think any big time schools are going to be calling, and I don't see him leaving for anything less than a quality P5 job. Yes, we have made the tournament twice in a row, and probably 3 after this year, but it's out of the Summit. If you take a national view, making the tournament from the Summit League isn't that impressive. He's going to need to start winning tournament games before the big boys start calling, and probably more than just one year.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                            Meh... I know what you're getting at with all the seniors leaving, but with Jenkins here for 2 more years and Grill coming in, I wouldn't bet on him leaving. At this time he might be able to make a lateral move for a little more money, but unless we go on a deep run in the tournament, I don't think any big time schools are going to be calling, and I don't see him leaving for anything less than a quality P5 job. Yes, we have made the tournament twice in a row, and probably 3 after this year, but it's out of the Summit. If you take a national view, making the tournament from the Summit League isn't that impressive. He's going to need to start winning tournament games before the big boys start calling, and probably more than just one year.
                            This is right on target.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                              I agree 100% here as well. Until he wins at least 1 game in the tourney, maybe more, he won't get courted by a P5 school.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                                I agree 100% here as well. Until he wins at least 1 game in the tourney, maybe more, he won't get courted by a P5 school.
                                Just depends on his relationships and what positions are open. If Iowa or Iowa state opens up they will definitely court tj. Iowa looks like they’ll be solid this year so that won’t be happening, Iowa states Coach is on the hot seat.

Comment

Working...
                                X