TJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TJ

He is a great family man. Not a coach who pays attention to detail on the defensive end of the court at all. All our principles are poor on that end of the court. We will continue to get smoked by teams with a pulse on the offensive end. I think the no stress environement with no pressure to win fits TJ very well. The guy is happy. All the power to him. If you like him as a coach that works out good. He should be here for quite a while. IMO

If we are lucky enough to get in the tourney our seed will be low and I expect another loss in our first game. Rinse and repeat per the usual. Although there is chance we may get knocked off. At the mid major level you need to keep your roster in tact especially when the stars aligned to possibly win a tourney game with what was 4 seniors and now is three.

Not a TJ fan. Sorry.

Thanks to the mods for the post.

Re: TJ

Originally posted by TheDancingJackRabbit View Post
    He is a great family man. Not a coach who pays attention to detail on the defensive end of the court at all. All our principles are poor on that end of the court. We will continue to get smoked by teams with a pulse on the offensive end. I think the no stress environement with no pressure to win fits TJ very well. The guy is happy. All the power to him. If you like him as a coach that works out good. He should be here for quite a while. IMO

If we are lucky enough to get in the tourney our seed will be low and I expect another loss in our first game. Rinse and repeat per the usual. Although there is chance we may get knocked off. At the mid major level you need to keep your roster in tact especially when the stars aligned to possibly win a tourney game with what was 4 seniors and now is three.

Not a TJ fan. Sorry.

What more would you like him to do? Serious question.

Comment

He is
      Okay

Comment

Oooooh. I am betting your going to get it for this one. I will say, and have said before, that I wasn't a Key fan. He now proved himself for what he is, a sore loser that quits when he doesn't get a starting spot. The real bad deal about this is MC III is a good friend of his from what I've been told, so we have a strong possibility of losing him too. With that said I think you have to lay some blame on TJ for the situation that has unfolded. Integrity, honesty, and commitment are dang near as important as talent, it is a team game. TJ is human, mistakes happen, but this Key deal could really hurt, and has already hurt with the hole in our roster. JMO

Comment

Originally posted by TheDancingJackRabbit View Post

Not a TJ fan. Sorry.

In your post on the other thread you mention the culture that led to this Key situation. It’s the same culture that brought Daum back when he could have grad transferred.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
            In your post on the other thread you mention the culture that led to this Key situation. It’s the same culture that brought Daum back when he could have grad transferred.
            I know you didn't ask me this question, but it's all fun and games till the players learn the pecking order. The thing about transfers is they can be a great addition to a team, but, like the old saying goes "once a cheater, always a cheater". I think that applies to transfers, hell, look at Mooney. Daum appears to be a weil rounded young man, heck, he's a king around town. Who wouldn't enjoy another year of that when the NBA says your not ready.

Comment

I will add, I did not see the DancingJacks other posts till now. I might be more in line with him than I would like to be

Comment

Oh good. Now there's a whole thread dedicated to this. I'll guarantee if we're 5-0 this doesn't get brought up. We lost 2 close games early in the season while trying to integrate 5 fresman into the lineup. Otz has shown before that he has his team playing well by mid season and especially at the end of the season. Relax.

Comment

I gave a long answer to your question but my original post reposted instead. Maybe got timed out.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
                    Oh good. Now there's a whole thread dedicated to this. I'll guarantee if we're 5-0 this doesn't get brought up. We lost 2 close games early in the season while trying to integrate 5 fresman into the lineup. Otz has shown before that he has his team playing well by mid season and especially at the end of the season. Relax.
                    We dropped two games most likely to one player dumping on the team. You are right, if we are now 6-0 we would not be complaining. But we aren't, those two losses will probably hurt come March (reference UNI). I am not here to dump on TJ, more so Key. Five weeks ago he was with the team, then finds out he won't start, so he craps on the team. Character

Comment

One of my favorite rules on this message board is that we are not allowed to attack the poster of the message. Smart. Makes sense.

A thought I just had that's completely unrelated to this thread: there are a lot of stupid people in this world, and they sure seem to love to share their opinions.
                      Originally posted by JackFan96
                      Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                        One of my favorite rules on this message board is that we are not allowed to attack the poster of the message. Smart. Makes sense.

A thought I just had that's completely unrelated to this thread: there are a lot of stupid people in this world, and they sure seem to love to share their opinions.
                        Please elaborate your position then?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                          Please elaborate your position then?
                          I...think his position is pretty obvious...someone rep RO for me, I gotta spread it...
                          "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                            I...think his position is pretty obvious....
                            Sooooo, those of us who think Key is a waste of a space by his own actions are idiots? Like I said, don't be surprised if MC III heads out with him. I'm not saying it's going to happen but from what I know its a strong possibility. Just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                              Sooooo, those of us who think Key is a waste of a space by his own actions are idiots? Like I said, don't be surprised if MC III heads out with him. I'm not saying it's going to happen but from what I know its a strong possibility. Just sayin.
                              I don’t think RO is referring to you.

I understand why some feel the way they do about the Key situation. Loyalty is an important thing to a lot of South Dakotans, especially older ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X