GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Tuland GreenWave @ Gulf Coast Showcase

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Tuland GreenWave @ Gulf Coast Showcase

What would the sentiment be if Jenkins makes a couple of free throws at the end of the game yesterday?

Comment

Originally posted by 91jack View Post
      I guess I thought that this team would be better.
      The loss of Reed hurt a lot but losing Severyn, Howell and Theisen should be easily offset. They barely scored over 10 points and had a playing time of one player (between the three of them). TJ was supposed to be a great recruiter. He has 7 players that he recruited to find some replacements for about two players. I don't think any of the 7 will be as good as Reed but they could be close and the other players hopefully improved some over the last 7 months.
      I do think the team will get better once the freshmen get more playing time. If they don't come around, this team might be 2 or 3 years away from being this good again. This might stretch it a little but who knows.
      Owen King will be what Reed was and then some - I'd bet a lot of money on that (Disclaimer: I loved Reed and what he did for our team/program). Him along with the kid from Kansas (Caleb Grill) will be the barometer we start to use going forward as long as TJ is our coach.

Comment

Said it last week and got lambasted for it, but Brandon Key completely screwed over his teammates and coaches for apparently selfish reasons. Zimmer mentioned in the chat last week he doubted Key would be back and that Carter had to get some on court and off court issues taken care before he would be on the bench with his teammates. I think that's important from a learning and chemistry perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
          Owen King will be what Reed was and then some - I'd bet a lot of money on that (Disclaimer: I loved Reed and what he did for our team/program). Him along with the kid from Kansas (Caleb Grill) will be the barometer we start to use going forward as long as TJ is our coach.
          Do you think Owen will get as good as Reed was by his junior season or what season? I don't think it will be this season.
          I know we are comparing apples to oranges. Reed played defense, drew charges, blocked shots, rebounded and did stuff like that but I don't think Owen will be that type of player.
          Last edited by 91jack; 11-20-2018, 12:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tbjack View Post
            I'm as disappointed as anyone with these last two losses. I had hopes of a dream season where we are undefeated going in to Nevada but that probably wasn't realistic. It's basketball, and shots fall or don't fall and the ball bounces different ways on different days. If we play FGCU or Tulane in a 7 game series no way we lose, but we played them on the wrong day. That's going to happen in basketball.
            I hope you are right about this. If FGCU wins today, we will play them tomorrow. Hopefully we wouldn't get down 0-2 to them before we win 4 straight to win the series.

Comment

Do you think Owen will get as good as Reed was by his junior season or what season? I don't think it will be this season.
              I know we are comparing apples to oranges. Reed played defense, drew charges, blocked shots, rebounded and did stuff like that but I don't think Owen will be that type of player.
              I'm more referring to after their careers are over, Owen will have a bigger impact on this program than Reed did. Again, nothing against Reed, I just think Owen's ceiling is higher generally speaking.

Comment

I hope you are right about this. If FGCU wins today, we will play them tomorrow. Hopefully we wouldn't get down 0-2 to them before we win 4 straight to win the series.
                It wont be FGCU tommorrow. It will be Colorado St at 12:30

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                  I'm more referring to after their careers are over, Owen will have a bigger impact on this program than Reed did. Again, nothing against Reed, I just think Owen's ceiling is higher generally speaking.
                  That is a mighty tall order. Time will tell.

Comment

Obviously these 2 losses aren’t ideal but let’s say they only lose one or two more and go 28-3 or 27-4. Is 29-2 really that much better? Especially if we get hot and beat Nevada is anyone really going to remember a couple games in early November.
                    Last edited by Carolina010; 11-20-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                      Obviously these 2 losses aren’t ideal but let’s say they only lose one or two more and go 28-3 or 27-4. Is 27-2 really that much better? Especially if we get hot and beat Nevada is anyone really going to remember a couple games in early November.
                      Yes then we could have been 30-1 or 29-2.

Comment

Originally posted by Carolina010 View Post
                        Obviously these 2 losses aren’t ideal but let’s say they only lose one or two more and go 28-3 or 27-4. Is 29-2 really that much better? Especially if we get hot and beat Nevada is anyone really going to remember a couple games in early November.
                        If we beat Nevada the losses to FGCU and Tulane won’t hurt so much since we’ll have a marquee win. However, a win at Nevada is unlikely so that makes all the other games important.

Those two losses won’t make the season a failure but they were both games we should have won.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                          If we beat Nevada the losses to FGCU and Tulane won’t hurt so much since we’ll have a marquee win. However, a win at Nevada is unlikely so that makes all the other games important.

Those two losses won’t make the season a failure but they were both games we should have won.
                          I think we should have won them as well but I also don't think its the end of the world we lost. If we get lucky enough to make another NCAA Tournament how high of a seed can a summit league team really get? If we don't lose another game or win all of them but Nevada we will be 31-3 and have won 21 straight and 28 of the last 29, the committee won't care if we lost a couple games early in the year. Especially if FGCU wins their conference and if Tulane can somehow surprise people and finish in the middle of the AAC neither of those losses with be considered terrible losses.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDancingJackRabbit View Post
                            I understand your thought process as it relates to personnel. This opinion will not be popular but as a basketball lifer...TJ is a below average coach. I just finished listening to an interview with Nate Oats and his competive drive and PREPERATION is vastly superior to TJ. I could easily see this team getting knocked off in the conference tourney and not making the NCAA's. As a matter of fact I think that will happen. We have no depth and player development has been minimal. The loss of Key was huge. That issue should never have materialized IF we had the right culture.

I am not high on this team at all. I WAS. JMHO
                            Although I don’t agree 100% with his 8 posts. He did nail this one perfectly.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                              Ok no more negativity from me. Only positivity just frustration

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                                It’s completely ok to be critical of T.J. BUT look at his posts. 100% has an agenda.

Comment

Working...
                                X