X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Tuland GreenWave @ Gulf Coast Showcase

https://bdglobal.inplayer.com/gulf-coast-men/index.html

10 am start. I will be on 570 WNAX.

6'9 " Kevin Zhang is freshman who is one of 3 Chinese players in the US college basketball. He may be one to watch.
    Last edited by OldHare; 11-19-2018, 09:59 AM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Re: GDT:SDSU Jackrabbits vs Tuland GreenWave @ Gulf Coast Showcase

$25 for all three games. Quality looks very good so far.

Comment

Frustrating game for the Jacks. The arena is empty and lacking any energy and that's how I'd describe what I'm seeing from SDSU. They look mildly interested and a step slow on both ends. The defense is especially lackluster, with Tulane getting plenty of open looks both inside and out. On offense it feels like there is a lot of sitting back and hoping Daum will get it done. He's hit 5 of 10 3's and has 23 with 10:00 to go. Jenkins is notably quiet offensively.

TJ still seems to be experimenting with the lineup. Dentlinger seems to be getting less minutes today with Arians getting more and Krueger finally getting some action.

Comment

Who cares about the atmosphere as that is holiday tournament basketball in a neutral setting between two team with no local ties. Same for both teams and you only get to play so many college games so covet each one!

Comment

When you're down 1 with 11 seconds to go, Daum should probably at least get a touch.

Comment

Bad loss.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
              Who cares about the atmosphere as that is holiday tournament basketball in a neutral setting between two team with no local ties. Same for both teams and you only get to play so many college games so covet each one!
              I don't care but something was obviously off with the Jacks for about 30 of the 40 minutes. Low energy. It was clearly not one of their better games, especially on defense in that first half (they gave up 49 points). That's where this one was lost. Sometimes you have to learn the hard way. Unfortunately a "lesson" like this comes at the price of potential NCAA seeding later on.

Comment

I wonder how much being unable to adjust to obviously tighter reffing has hurt the Jacks the last two games. Daum fouled out again today I see, with Tking and Jenkins both with 4 again as well.
                "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                  I wonder how much being unable to adjust to obviously tighter reffing has hurt the Jacks the last two games. Daum fouled out again today I see, with Tking and Jenkins both with 4 again as well.
                  Very much this. The refs were very similar to the FGCU game. Very touchy foul calls and we just didn't adjust. Not saying the refs are why we lost, they called it tight on both ends. We lost again because we didn't adjust.

Comment

This was a bad loss. Really too many unforced turnovers and some missed free throws down the stretch. Unexpected lack of experienced depth at the point guard position continues to hurt.

Comment

Free throw shooting that normally is a strength, cost the Jacks in this game. 10-17, with a number of the misses being front ends of bonus situations left points on the floor that should have been on the score board. And Flatten and T. King combining for two points in the second half certainly didn't help. Things won't get easier tomorrow as UC Irvine and UTSA are both better than Tulane.

Comment

Yuck yuck yuck
                        Originally posted by JackFan96
                        Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

I certainly wish they had won, as I always root for them to win. But a few of these losses early in the year can be good... tight games on the road, or a neutral court... got to put up or shut up.

Certainly could have (some may say should have) beaten Tulane, and FGCU game was also winnable.

Can't be missing FT's in tough environments and expect to win.

I didn't get to watch, but listened to the 2nd half... Did Krueger get in, during the 2nd half? I read on twitter he hit a 3 in the first half, but don't remember his name on the broadcast of the 2nd half?

Seems like Coach is still experimenting with the lineup and minutes... Yes, having Brandon Key would have helped these last 2 games for sure. We can only hope that O King, and Ariens learn and continue to grow and improve. They will get better.

Going to be tough for this team if/when Daum gets in foul trouble... like what I've seen from Dentlinger, but it seems like his minutes have dropped some? Maybe I'm off on that? Also Dillon wasn't mentioned on the radio broadcast. Really miss a steadying hand like Ian Thiesen out there.

I have faith the young guys will improve.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                            I certainly wish they had won, as I always root for them to win. But a few of these losses early in the year can be good... tight games on the road, or a neutral court... got to put up or shut up.

Certainly could have (some may say should have) beaten Tulane, and FGCU game was also winnable.

Can't be missing FT's in tough environments and expect to win.

I didn't get to watch, but listened to the 2nd half... Did Krueger get in, during the 2nd half? I read on twitter he hit a 3 in the first half, but don't remember his name on the broadcast of the 2nd half?

Seems like Coach is still experimenting with the lineup and minutes... Yes, having Brandon Key would have helped these last 2 games for sure. We can only hope that O King, and Ariens learn and continue to grow and improve. They will get better.

Going to be tough for this team if/when Daum gets in foul trouble... like what I've seen from Dentlinger, but it seems like his minutes have dropped some? Maybe I'm off on that? Also Dillon wasn't mentioned on the radio broadcast. Really miss a steadying hand like Ian Thiesen out there.

I have faith the young guys will improve.
                            I agree with you for the most part, but the damage this does to our resume isn't good. We need an incredibly strong OOC showing to set us up in case we win the Summit again.

Comment

I did not see Dillon at all and Krueger played in both halves. If you’ve paid much attention the last couple years you know that TJ spends the first month or two trying things out. Some players might sit for several games only to re-emerge in the lineup.

I agree these losses are resume killers, but it is what it is. A bench full of freshmen is going to take time to develop. The team is limited by that right now and the only way to get beyond it is to throw them into the fire. I guess our expectations have to be adjusted after an off-season full of hype.

Comment

Working...
                              X