Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Other than eventually having to go to Fargo, I don't mind the draw. Kennesaw is the top 4 seed that I would prefer to play - and they are not a lock to beat Wofford. And we get a team in the quarters who won't be used to cold weather.
    I agree. Can’t complain about meeting NDSU in the semis. Only 4 teams left so it’ll be a tough game no matter what.
    Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

Comment

Originally posted by SDSUAlum08 View Post
      I agree. Can’t complain about meeting NDSU in the semis. Only 4 teams left so it’ll be a tough game no matter what.
      Semis could be:
      NDSU-SDSU MVFC championship
      Weber-EWU Big Sky championship

Looks like they wanted two non-conference teams in national championship.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
        Putting Lamar and UIW in over Indiana State is a felony offense.
        The fact that 3 Southland teams get in is a complete joke. The Valley and the Southland are not close to the same level of competition.

Comment

True. We know what to expect going in. Go play with a chip on your shoulder and prove them wrong. I assure you that JMU will with their coaches interview.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
            Other than eventually having to go to Fargo, I don't mind the draw. Kennesaw is the top 4 seed that I would prefer to play - and they are not a lock to beat Wofford. And we get a team in the quarters who won't be used to cold weather.
            And if we have to go to Kennesaw, weather is less likely to be an issue than EWU or Weber. Which is good for our offense.

Comment

Cannot overlook Towson either.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                Bison could play Montana State, JMU, and SDSU at home.

Jacks have a possible trip to Kennesaw
                It looks like the committee really doesn't want the Bison to win again. Even if they made it to the finals, they could be pretty beat up.

There are about 5 teams in our half that could easily win the whole thing. That cannot be said for the other half.
                -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Looks to me that if UNI gets it together they have a path to the quarter finals
                  Last edited by Sodakbull; 11-18-2018, 02:28 PM.

Comment

Pretty tough path on the strong side of the bracket for the Jacks. Oh, well. Just line up and win. It would be great to get another shot at the Bison on a fast, dry surface, and that's possible.
                    This space for lease.

Comment

The 3 co Big Sky champs are all on same side. Only MT St, who gets fed to NDSU is on other side. uNI is on big sky side.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                        The 3 co Big Sky champs are all on same side. Only MT St, who gets fed to NDSU is on other side. uNI is on big sky side.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                        Would be great to see UNI knock as many of them out as they can

Comment

Originally posted by RunninRabbit View Post
                          Don't we want 3, 6, or 7 so we can face that hideous green team in Frisco?
                          Nope. Give me those guys in Fargo. We’re used to playing in the mall. I don’t want to face them in Frisco where they’re comfortable and we’re out of our element trying to figure out how to handle the weeks off and the championship game atmosphere. Plus, I want to be the team that denys them the trip to Frisco . The only motivation I have to meet them in Frisco is how fun the tailgate would be.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

If SDSU can beat Towson, I think KSU could get beat. SDSU could still have a couple home games.
                            Yeah I don’t think we’ll end up playing at KSU tbh.

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
                              Yeah I don’t think we’ll end up playing at KSU tbh.

I hope you are right. Even though I know that we are the better team, I do not want to face that triple option.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
                                I hope you are right. Even though I know that we are the better team, I do not want to face that triple option.
                                Agreed!

Comment

Working...
                                X