Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs

Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post
    Friday night spot has always been the prime spot, where ESPN places the game that will get the most viewership. There is a reason NDSU are normally the Friday night game.
    This. 7pm is pretty much around the time each big NFL/ FBS game is played at. Ndsu is ESPNs darling of the FCS, if you think they didn’t get what is considered the prime spot you’re crazy. That said, I would be disappointed as well if I wasn’t able to catch the game due to it being on a Friday instead of Saturday. But a SDSU/ndsu semifinal on Friday night? This thing is probably going to set FCS playoffs tv ratings records. That, and with myself having the full day prior to tailgate, I’ll be in PRIME form.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
      We are in the semifinals....who cares when we play? Are we really going to complain about this?
      Yep, if it prevents someone from watching the game, they have a legitimate complaint.

Considering how this board likes to talk about game attendance, this will probably prevent some people from traveling to the game.

Scheduling matters, no matter when the game occurs.
      Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
      -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Originally posted by JimmieTuba View Post
        Yep, if it prevents someone from watching the game, they have a legitimate complaint.

Considering how this board likes to talk about game attendance, this will probably prevent some people from traveling to the game.

Scheduling matters, no matter when the game occurs.
        The game will be a sell out. I think ticket obscurity will be the biggest thing stopping our fans from making it. First sell out of the playoffs for them, guess they needed SDSU to help them sell out the dome

Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by JackBBFan View Post
          I would think they maybe want to give some consideration for Maine and back to back West Coast trips and give them an extra day due to the travel.
          I kept seeing this over the weekend when I was anxiously awaiting the announcement of the game time, but Maine already got the Friday night game last week. They get 8 days between games. SDSU and NDSU get 6 days between games... Either way the whole thing is TV ($$$) driven and 7:00 is primetime.

Comment

Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
            The game will be a sell out. I think ticket obscurity will be the biggest thing stopping our fans from making it. First sell out of the playoffs for them, guess they needed SDSU to help them sell out the dome

Yes, I didn't mean to imply that NDSU would have problems with ticket sales. I do think the number of Jackrabbits researching heading north dropped considerably with the Friday night announcement.
            Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.
            -Ben Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack 1738

Comment

Numerous tickets for sale on stub hub right now. $85 to $140

Comment

Working...
              X