Playoffs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Playoffs

I believe #4 Kennesaw St and #6 UC Davis are seriously at risk and #7 Maine and #8 Colgate are toast! BTW I think the AGS fan board is delusional! Go Jacks!!

Comment

Colgate, I watched play Army two weeks ago... about half the game. They looked Good. And this isn't the Army team from a few years back. They are 9-2 and took Oklahoma to overtime.

I have no idea if Colgate can win. I'm just saying that they are a solid football team.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
        Colgate, I watched play Army two weeks ago... about half the game. They looked Good. And this isn't the Army team from a few years back. They are 9-2 and took Oklahoma to overtime.

I have no idea if Colgate can win. I'm just saying that they are a solid football team.
        Colgate's defense is legit. Their O is pretty average, but I agree I think Colgate wins this weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
          Boo Cowbells. Fans should never be allowed artificial noise makers in any sporting event. If you can't be loud with your voice or your hands (and maybe your feet), then your team don't deserve the audible advantage that comes with the home field.
          Artificial noise makers are as annoying as cheer-leading PA announcers. If you have to be assisted in how/when/volume when you cheer, you aren't doing it right.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Another ticket purchase option:
            TICKET ALERT!

For ONLY $25, fans receive a ticket for the @GoJacksMBB game on Wednesday AND the @GoJacksFB FCS Playoff game on Saturday!

To purchase tickets, stop by the @GoJacksTix office OR by calling 605-688-5422! Offer only available until 3pm on 11/28.

Comment

Originally posted by Roy View Post
              I believe #4 Kennesaw St and #6 UC Davis are seriously at risk and #7 Maine and #8 Colgate are toast! BTW I think the AGS fan board is delusional! Go Jacks!!
              Meh, depends on the thread and who the poster is. Theres plenty of way out there guys who hop on come November, and a ton of bison fans since they’re the team at the top of the pile right now. There’s a ton of people on AGS who have a boatload of knowledge and watch a ton of FCS games. Tbh most of the folks who I see that think AGS overall is delusional don’t follow much of the FCS outside of their own team. I gain a ton of FCS knowledge from reading the AGS poll threads with people arguing over where they ranked team X vs team Y and so on. Just my $0.02.

Personal opinion, don’t go on the political threads. Nightmare. Avoid at all cost.

I think UC Davis rolls, UNI has been a mess on the road. KSU is in trouble, I agree completely. With how the CAA has looked Maine could be in trouble, it will be interesting to see how JSU handles the snow. Their qb is more up and down than a UNI season throughout the game. I think Colgate will be fine and JMU is vastly overrated by a lot of people due to their last two years after watching them a couple times. If you have a good defense and a half decent offense you have a good shot at beating them. Their offense is bad.
              Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
                Another ticket purchase option:
                TICKET ALERT!

For ONLY $25, fans receive a ticket for the @GoJacksMBB game on Wednesday AND the @GoJacksFB FCS Playoff game on Saturday!

To purchase tickets, stop by the @GoJacksTix office OR by calling 605-688-5422! Offer only available until 3pm on 11/28.
                I some what understand what they are trying to do but how many different ways can they look at us season ticket holders and say "thanx for buying your high priced tickets, now we are going to give them away". If that bs is true about not being able to sell tickets cheaper than a regular season game somebody has to be subsidizing these tickets. Surely wouldn't want to say "thanx for buying tickets to EVERY game and your donation , we are going to offer you a break on playoff tickets". I'm sure somewhere I heard you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                  I some what understand what they are trying to do but how many different ways can they look at us season ticket holders and say "thanx for buying your high priced tickets, now we are going to give them away". If that bs is true about not being able to sell tickets cheaper than a regular season game somebody has to be subsidizing these tickets. Surely wouldn't want to say "thanx for buying tickets to EVERY game and your donation , we are going to offer you a break on playoff tickets". I'm sure somewhere I heard you shouldn't bite the hand that feeds you.
                  If i would have been going to the football game instead of the basketball game, i would have paid $94 for my 2 seats. But i could get 2 tickets for $50 if im not a season ticket holder? WTF. Maybe the season ticket holders game tickets should include playoff games and more people would be in the stands.

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                    If i would have been going to the football game instead of the basketball game, i would have paid $94 for my 2 seats. But i could get 2 tickets for $50 if im not a season ticket holder? WTF. Maybe the season ticket holders game tickets should include playoff games and more people would be in the stands.
                    This is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
                      Don't forget 2 basketball tickets were included for your 50 bucks.

Comment

Also with the ticket promotions they are probably in corner sections and not at midfield where some may have their season tickets that cost more.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
                          Don't forget 2 basketball tickets were included for your 50 bucks.
                          Yea, somehow i feel like im being screwed for buying season tickets and the donations and all.

Comment

Also with the ticket promotions they are probably in corner sections and not at midfield where some may have their season tickets that cost more.
                            You will be able to sit wherever you want.

Comment

Thats a good point. I do like where i sit. But i could sit by Thumper and Slosho in a corner and have a helluva lot more fun.

Comment

[QUOTE=Justwin;337859]Don't forget 2 basketball tickets were included for your 50 bucks.[/QUOTE

This is not a big deal. There have been many wanting that "marketing" effort to bring more fans to a game. We will see if the less expensive options bring the masses to the football game and how many attend the basketball game. This is a perfect situation for the luring of casual fans and those that cannot justify purchasing a season ticket. Let me know how it turns out since I will be with Mitchellrabbit in the cities. It has a lot to do with planning out further than 2 weeks. It is a great time for those who have been bantering the athletic department to make a point about the price of tickets. I look forward to a large vocal crowd at DJD Saturday. It would be a great time to take of poll of those on this board who have or will be purchasing the package. This is an opportunity for that vocal group to come forward and participate in this offer. Your voice has been heard and now is the time to act.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X